UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barao vs. McDonald title fight in London

12/6/12 5:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/12 5:27 AM

UK fans will get their wishes granted as the Barao vs. McDonald title fight will be on UFC On Fuel 7 in February.

http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2486/renan-barao-vs-michael-mcdonald-bantamweight-title-ufc-on-fuel-7.htm

They'll square off for the interim title.

12/6/12 5:37 AM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OH SHIT, YOU MEAN AN INTERIM TITLE WILL ACTUALLY SERVE ITS PURPOSE!??!

12/6/12 5:51 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

something must be cookin with fox owned sky.  For england to get a title fight in a time when zuffa needs main eventers on ppv and big fox... it's telling.

12/6/12 6:15 AM
Fight! UK Online
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Etim vs. Forte and Sass vs Castillo confirmed, as well as Lee vs. Tezuka and Harris vs. the UG's own Gomez!

12/6/12 9:10 AM
Fight! UK Online

Confirmed UFC On Fuel 7 Fight Card so far...

Interim Bantamweight Title

Renan Barao vs. Michael McDonald

Paul Sass vs. Danny Castillo
Terry Etim vs. Renee Forte
Che Mills vs. Matt Riddle
Andy Ogle vs. Josh Grispi
Vaughan Lee vs. Motonobu Tezuka
Phil Harris vs. Ulysses Gomez

12/6/12 9:27 AM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win a blue name - click to enter

wonder how much ticket prices are. 

12/6/12 9:55 AM
Dreamer
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A TITLE fight on a channel most dont even get? What bullshit Phone Post
12/6/12 10:01 AM
Hocky Balboa
7578 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Refresh my memory.

Who is Michael McDonald again?

I keep forgettin' about him. Phone Post
12/6/12 10:03 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris

LMAo at Matt Riddle in the UK again

12/6/12 10:12 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the heck, a title fight on a channel 1/3 of your fans don't even get Phone Post
12/6/12 10:22 AM
caposa
1595 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kinda seems like a bad move to put a title fight on a Fuel card, let alone a Fuel card that is taking place during the afternoon. Whatever, no complaints about free title fights from me. Can't wait for this fight. Phone Post
12/6/12 10:24 AM
EckY
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/12 10:24 AM

Its an interim title fight in one of the weaker divisions in the UFC with 2 guys nobody outside of hardcores even knows, that is why its on this card.

12/6/12 10:25 AM
Card
1907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do want!

12/6/12 10:28 AM
Libero21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight! UK Online -

Confirmed UFC On Fuel 7 Fight Card so far...

Interim Bantamweight Title

Renan Barao vs. Michael McDonald

Paul Sass vs. Danny Castillo
Terry Etim vs. Renee Forte
Che Mills vs. Matt Riddle
Andy Ogle vs. Josh Grispi
Vaughan Lee vs. Motonobu Tezuka
Phil Harris vs. Ulysses Gomez

I actually really like this card Phone Post
12/6/12 10:33 AM
BaraoKix

not a bad card, wouldnt pay more than $100.00 to watch it live though...
12/6/12 10:41 AM
Terry Etim for dinner
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excited for Etim's return. Been a long time out since that brutal k.o
12/6/12 10:41 AM
saucylv33
769 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pre-Sale going on now.  Use password ULTIMATE.   http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/37004976C562588A?did=uknewsletter

12/6/12 10:44 AM
stevia's sex slave
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil Harris vs Uly is an awesome fight. Phone Post
12/6/12 10:53 AM
XxLiveBaitxX
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McDonald should have an entourage of bagpipers leading him to the octagon for this one (Embrace his roots).
12/6/12 11:18 AM
XxLiveBaitxX
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger - 
XxLiveBaitxX - McDonald should have an entourage of bagpipers leading him to the octagon for this one (Embrace his roots).
If the only connection he has to Scotland is his bloodline, your idea is fucking stupid.

If he has some kind of connection with Scotland or Scottish culture or with his Scottish heritage or with Mel Gibson, then your idea is a good one.

As far as I know, the kid is American. Any attempt at embracing a culture he knows nothing about would just be fucking retarded.

You can take our last names, Scotland, but you'll never take our... Marekanness! Phone Post

Is it also retarded when a fighter wears the sports jersey of the local team when fighting abroad?

Showmanship.
12/6/12 11:19 AM
Fight! UK Online

MentaL - 

wonder how much ticket prices are. 

"The ticket pricing is £50, £75, £100, £150 and £200 and they are available at www.ticketmaster.co.uk and www.ufc.com."

Apparently £50 is already sold out, but that's just what I got told from a friend trying to buy them.

12/6/12 11:23 AM
mixjitsu

Hocky Balboa -  Refresh my memory.

Who is Michael McDonald again?

I keep forgettin' about him. Phone Post

he upper upper cutted miguel torres to lalaloopsy land and as far as this fight goes barao better overall striker with his distance and kicks butttttt you gotta love mcdonalds hand speed and his boxing to go with it this could be a factor if he can get close cuz IMO mcdonalds has faster hands then barao
12/6/12 12:10 PM
XxLiveBaitxX

nick diaz nut hugger - 
XxLiveBaitxX -
nick diaz nut hugger - 
XxLiveBaitxX - McDonald should have an entourage of bagpipers leading him to the octagon for this one (Embrace his roots).
If the only connection he has to Scotland is his bloodline, your idea is fucking stupid.

If he has some kind of connection with Scotland or Scottish culture or with his Scottish heritage or with Mel Gibson, then your idea is a good one.

As far as I know, the kid is American. Any attempt at embracing a culture he knows nothing about would just be fucking retarded.

You can take our last names, Scotland, but you'll never take our... Marekanness! Phone Post

Is it also retarded when a fighter wears the sports jersey of the local team when fighting abroad?

Showmanship.
I agree 100%, but it is lame. Besides having a short temper, an ability to arrive at places on time, and a contagion to bullshit, I have zero connection to my grandfather's native Germany or my German last name. That being said, if I ever fight in the UFC in Germany, I will tuck my polo shirt into my shorts and wear socks with my flip-flops during my entrance Phone Post

I have zero connection to my grandfather's native Germany or my German last name.

That's too bad. Perhaps you should look into your roots, maybe during the next Oktoberfest and celebrate fine Bavarian purity grade beverages and conduct a tasting of German bratwurst, knockwurst, German potato salad and maybe take a Mercedes for a test drive (before you indulge in beer of course).

Zat is all.
12/6/12 12:32 PM
mixjitsu

I can see it going the distance if mcdonald doesnt get a clean shot on him. I dont think barao has as much ko power as people think( mostly because of his fight with pickett)all his fights in the ufc have went the distance except one. That being said if it goes the distance im sure barao has it, If it doesnt go the distance i could see mcdonald being the victor even tho im not sure of how good his submission defense is.
12/6/12 1:20 PM
AndersonGOAT > Bisping
156 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

saucylv33 - 

Pre-Sale going on now.  Use password ULTIMATE.   http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/37004976C562588A?did=uknewsletter

VTFU, i've just used this code.  

I've just purchased two tickets at £55 each for Wembley.  The two tickets have cost the same as what one ticket cost me for Nottingham. By the time the tickets came on sale to the public for the Nottingham event the cheapest ones had sold out.

London is an 8 hour drive and I wasn't going to bother, but with being able to get a decently priced ticket the money I have saved on tickets will go towards petrol.  Thanks for the code buddy, I'm going to an event I thought I was going to miss.

All we need to do now is get Jimi on this card.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.