UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barao vs. McDonald title fight in London

12/6/12 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nick diaz nut hugger -
mixjitsu -
Hocky Balboa -  Refresh my memory.

Who is Michael McDonald again?

I keep forgettin' about him. Phone Post

he upper upper cutted miguel torres to lalaloopsy land and as far as this fight goes barao better overall striker with his distance and kicks butttttt you gotta love mcdonalds hand speed and his boxing to go with it this could be a factor if he can get close cuz IMO mcdonalds has faster hands then barao
This, though he's young and untested outside the Torres fight.

In addition to what is stated here, the guy has fucking scary knockout power. He hits so hard that you get nervous when he fights at the eventuality of a fight in which his opponent (see the Alex Soto or Miguel Torres fight) who makes the mistake of standing and banging with him.

Exciting as holy hell Phone Post
Yes he's very untested as far as his quality of competition goes, Torres has dropped off a lot from what he was.

Cole Escavado fought both and said he thought McDonald is better than Barao though for what it's worth. Phone Post
12/7/12 5:26 AM
Fight! UK Online
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

McDonald is a legit prospect for sure and we'll find out just whether he's in the division's elite when he fights Barao!

12/7/12 6:01 AM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/12 6:01 AM

Mcdonald can knock anyone out with his hands and most of his wins are ko/tko.... Barao usually needs his knees or kicks to hurt you and most of his wins are submission/decision.

Mcdonald has a great shot at winning this.  I hope he wins... we need some excitement in the lighter weight classes and we need more americans with belts.  The brazilians are taking over.

12/7/12 6:21 AM
Peterpump

Couple of fights i think they should add to the card Joe Silva are you watching..
Manuwa vs Vera
Watson vs Stann
Hathaway vs Nelson
Koscheck vs E Silva Phone Post
12/7/12 6:27 AM
Halligalli

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
nick diaz nut hugger -
mixjitsu -

he upper upper cutted miguel torres to lalaloopsy land and as far as this fight goes barao better overall striker with his distance and kicks butttttt you gotta love mcdonalds hand speed and his boxing to go with it this could be a factor if he can get close cuz IMO mcdonalds has faster hands then barao

In addition to what is stated here, the guy has fucking scary knockout power. He hits so hard that you get nervous when he fights at the eventuality of a fight in which his opponent (see the Alex Soto or Miguel Torres fight) who makes the mistake of standing and banging with him.

Yes he's very untested as far as his quality of competition goes, Torres has dropped off a lot from what he was.

Cole Escavado fought both and said he thought McDonald is better than Barao though for what it's worth. Phone Post

considering escovedo also has a win over mcdonald, i wouldnt say much
12/7/12 9:24 AM
Fight! UK Online
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Peterpump -  Couple of fights i think they should add to the card Joe Silva are you watching..
Manuwa vs Vera
Watson vs Stann
Hathaway vs Nelson

Looks like Manuwa vs. Diabate.

Would be surprised if any of the other three came to fruition. Nelson and Hathaway will be on the bill but it's highly unlikely against one another.

12/7/12 12:07 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Halligalli -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
nick diaz nut hugger -
mixjitsu -

He got ko'd by MM in the rematch though. He was just giving his opinion of them based on when he fought them. That was easily Barao's most lacklustre performance since joining the WEC Phone Post
12/7/12 12:07 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Peterpump - Couple of fights i think they should add to the card Joe Silva are you watching..
Manuwa vs Vera
Watson vs Stann
Hathaway vs Nelson
Erick Silva is scheduled to fight Jay Heiron I believe Phone Post
12/7/12 1:23 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ogle-Grispi is a lose and get cut match. Hope Ogle wins since he won his last fight and is a good guy that you can root for
12/7/12 6:03 PM
Gabby's grandma

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Halligalli -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
nick diaz nut hugger -
mixjitsu -

He got ko'd by MM in the rematch though. He was just giving his opinion of them based on when he fought them. That was easily Barao's most lacklustre performance since joining the WEC Phone Post

So, are you saying Barao did not try hard in the Escovedo fight or was Escovedo slowing him down too much?
12/10/12 8:19 AM
Fight! UK Online

nick diaz nut hugger - 

London, you are on lucky city. You get to see this guy:

Definitely excited for that main event.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.