UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rory MacDonald, scariest fighter ever?

12/6/12 9:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rjambi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are lots of pro fighters who scare lots of people for different reasons. Most fans like myself are men who never talk about this but for some reason I don't mind bringing it up about this kid.

It's one thing to see a fighter that gets steaming mad and you know your in trouble. However, I see Rory and he's very calm... way too calm IMHO. Calmly talking about his plans for "annihilation."

I think this kid takes the cake. Nerdy white calm fighter > Big shaking angry oph, all day.
12/6/12 9:25 AM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win a blue name - click to enter

sorry op, didn't mean to scare you there. 

irishrottie
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nah

BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have apparently not seen many fighters. Scariest fighter ever was Wanderlei in his prime in Pride.
12/6/12 9:27 AM
rjambi

BigWilliam - You have apparently not seen many fighters. Scariest fighter ever was Wanderlei in his prime in Pride.

Is the video that inshrottie posted the time you are talking about? If not post it for me I'd like to see.
12/6/12 9:32 AM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am at work, I cannot get to video sites from here. Just look up stuff on youtube. Watching Wanderlei stare downs and him trying to stomp people in the Pride ring was just unreal. The called him the Axe Murderer for a reason.
12/6/12 9:37 AM
Pride Wanderlei

irishrottie -

nah

This

Either one of them Phone Post
12/6/12 9:37 AM
rjambi

Ok will do. I haven't seen much Pride stuff... but I'm looking at Wand and he doesn't induce that sense of fear that Rory does, but then again all I've ever seen of Wand is him getting KO'd so it doesn't really do it for me. Rory looks to me as if he could slit your throat and not give a shit.

That is a good comparison though... for the sake of the thread which do you guys think is scarier Wand in his prime or Serial Killer MacDonald?
12/6/12 9:39 AM
ShoeMoney
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoeMoney Media, MFCEO
What Phone Post
12/6/12 9:42 AM
NJstileNJ
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wandy stare-downs <3
12/6/12 9:44 AM
sacredhate
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory isn't the scariest fighter...sorry.

fighters that develop a reputation for being ruthless in the ring, simply destroying their opponents without mercy. those are the scary ones.

that's why wand was scary....you could sense the violence in his eyes...each staredown you get the impression his opponents are not seeing his eyes but a HL reel of how he's destroyed others that stood in their place before him previously.

With Rory, he's a great talent and dominates fights...but he isn't scary.
12/6/12 9:58 AM
triso
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjambi - Ok will do. I haven't seen much Pride stuff... but I'm looking at Wand and he doesn't induce that sense of fear that Rory does, but then again all I've ever seen of Wand is him getting KO'd so it doesn't really do it for me. Rory looks to me as if he could slit your throat and not give a shit.

That is a good comparison though... for the sake of the thread which do you guys think is scarier Wand in his prime or Serial Killer MacDonald?

Dude. Wand is prime put fear into fighters who themselves were badasses.

Wand, Mirko, and Fedor had an intimidation factor like no other in MMA back in the day.

Maybe you could throw Tank in there because you knew he really just wanted to hurt you because he thought it would be fun.
12/6/12 10:14 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say Anderson is the scariest guy nowadays. Phone Post
12/6/12 10:27 AM
BshMstr
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rjambi - There are lots of pro fighters who scare lots of people for different reasons. Most fans like myself are men who never talk about this but for some reason I don't mind bringing it up about this kid.

It's one thing to see a fighter that gets steaming mad and you know your in trouble. However, I see Rory and he's very calm... way too calm IMHO. Calmly talking about his plans for "annihilation."

I think this kid takes the cake. Nerdy white calm fighter > Big shaking angry oph, all day.

nah, Fedor had the best "calm-scary" thing going on....he'd walk out like he just drank too much cough syrup, and then would KO someone 40lbs heavier...

but Wand was the scariest in the staredwon, IMO.
12/6/12 10:42 AM
sacredhate
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BshMstr - 
rjambi - There are lots of pro fighters who scare lots of people for different reasons. Most fans like myself are men who never talk about this but for some reason I don't mind bringing it up about this kid.

nah, Fedor had the best "calm-scary" thing going on....he'd walk out like he just drank too much cough syrup, and then would KO someone 40lbs heavier...

but Wand was the scariest in the staredwon, IMO.

lol at the perfect Fedor description.

the scariest fighters build a mystique around them like fedor and wand...Rory could maybe get there over time...but not yet.
12/6/12 11:34 AM
Tubarao

Glover T.

12/6/12 11:45 AM
Muzalini

Giraffix Inc, Owner, Designer
Fedor
Wand
Alexander
Bj when he's talking to himself lol Phone Post
12/6/12 11:50 AM
ABE FROMAN

Anderson 

Overeem

Hunt

12/6/12 11:59 AM
BigEyedFish

prime crocop was fucking terrifying
12/6/12 12:03 PM
Diaz Shoes

Yeah pretty scary shopping for designer sweaters with Ricci in Canada...
12/6/12 12:06 PM
Yer_Momma
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Towel shirt Tyson had me shaking in my boots. But yeah, Rory seems.... off. Phone Post
12/6/12 12:08 PM
ZombieAutoPilot

MentaL -

Omg i laughed out loud at work. Voted up when i get home Phone Post
12/6/12 12:13 PM
cool papa
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory just kind of has a creepy vibe to him. Yeah with Wand you knew you were probably going to get your head soccer kicked, but with Rory, you're wondering if he's gonna pull some Jeffery Dahmer shit on you or something. Its just different.
12/6/12 12:15 PM
shootfightermike
670 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MentaL - 

lmao!

12/6/12 12:15 PM
TeamRenzo

Rory is scary in the "i will kill you, eat your flesh while masturbating" kinda way.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.