UnderGround Forums

Arkansas UnderGround >> Looking for instructors near El Dorado

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/6/12 12:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jsdaugh34
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am a high school football coach in south Arkansas. I am a big fan of mma, and I am currently a powerlifter. I am looking for anyone who has credentials in the area that would be willing to teach me some techniques. I am open to all styles, I have minimal bjj training.
1/27/13 6:41 PM
jar of flies
820 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

test
2/5/13 1:46 PM
jsdaugh34
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

huh?
3/25/13 1:33 PM
jsdaugh34

Hello??? Anyone out there?? Any BJJ experienced instructors near El Dorado, AR???
2/15/15 3:10 AM
Mr Bungle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just found this thread. If you are familiar with Camden (25 miles North of El Dorado), then look for Jeff Trisolini. His mom used to run the local ATA, but she was recently elected mayor of Camden. She handed the keys over to Jeff. He's a talented BJJ guy, I believe he was at one point with Nova Unaio, though I don't remember who he trained under exactly. I can't speak for him, we've known each other for a few years, and I trained at his school for a week a few years back, but I was dealing with some personal issues and couldn't continue. He's a really good coach and trainer. Last I heard, he had two state Champions, one is a young guy, 18 or under I think, the other was this 40 something year old former teacher who just walked in one day and within a year or two became one of his best students and is now the states Middle Weight or Light Heavy Weight Champion. When I say state, I mean Arkansas' largest MMA organization.
2/15/15 3:10 AM
Mr Bungle

Dammit, misspelled Nova Uniao.
2/15/15 3:12 AM
Mr Bungle

Also, he either hosts or helps promote local MMA shows at the local High School, Camden Fairview High School, at the gymnasium. Our sports teams are only good every four years or so, so it's not like they have any use for the gym.
2/15/15 3:20 AM
Mr Bungle

If you PM me, I can give you his contact info. I don't think he posts here, or he didn't as of several years back. Maybe that's changed, but he didn't then.

He's only 31, maybe 32, but he's really good at what he does. For such a shitty, small town like Camden to have such a great BJJ guy, that's surprising.

If you know anything about this place, which you should if you are from El Dorado, or at least know your way around El Dorado, you should know how terribly dead this place is.

El Dorado is quite a bit larger than Camden is. They get more traffic than we do, and there's nothing North of us until you reach either Pine Bluff or Little Rock.

People coming up from Louisiana trying to get to Pine Bluff or Little Rock will travel thru El Dorado, but skip Camden all together and take the interstate to get to either of those places, as it's about 30 minutes shorter to travel to Pine Bluff then on to Little Rock.

2/15/15 3:20 AM
Mr Bungle

The Reason I bring this up is because the only places worth visiting south of Little Rock is Hot Springs, and then maybe Pine Bluff if your looking to get stabbed/shot at, and either Camden, El Dorado or Magnolia. Everything worth visiting outside of Hot Springs or LR are all North of Little Rock. Fayetteville, for example. It's probably best to just avoid coming to Arkansas all together. This place is the worst state in North America.
2/25/15 11:08 AM
jsdaugh34

Hey thanks for info. I trained w jeff there for about 2 months then i had to move when i got another teaching/coaching job. I trained w pat the asst principal and it was alot of fun. I train in Natchitoches, La now and have already had one fight. Again thanks for responding

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.