UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> rory isnt cocky/arrogant? read this

12/6/12 2:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goku when Silva or Rory are mentioned

12/6/12 3:12 PM
Standup29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku - 
RileyPust - So... you clearly didn't read the entire article or you would've noticed BJ saying that he would've said the same thing in Rory's position. And then, of course... you'd have been embarrassed about getting butthurt and starting a thread about it.

1) i never said bj wasnt cocky at times

2) bj saying he was going to hurt rory is one ting...giving bj a lecture on what he thinks is not real as if he is some enlightened philosopher is another

BWAHAHAHA!

I love BJ and don;t like Rory at all but this is just pathetic. How is Rory anwering a follow up question in an interview = giving BJ a lecture in your demeneted little brain?

learn to read dumbass....obvious status and your name in history is what drives many of the greatest atheletes in history like michael jordan...

if rory had an ounce of humility he could easily say that he simply has a different view on things, but he is acting like he is enlightened, that he knows something bj doesnt...this 23 year old kid is basically lecturing bj on reality...

"He's fighting for status, something that isn't real." 

"Maybe he doesn't realize that those things are not real."

"Maybe he should've learned that it's fickle.""

are you really going to tell me that saying these things is not extremely condescending and arrogant?

could u imagine saying these things to bj in person? of course you cant because you know it would be totally disrespectful...

rory can have his opinion that legendary status is not important...thats fine, but it turns into arrogance when he believes his opinion is the correct one and that others that do not share his view are unenlightened...i guess its a sign of immaturity, which is why i can understand u and orcus dont understand the naivete of his words...but its like the saying go, the more you know, the more you know you dont know...he thinks he has everything figutred out but hes just a 23 year old kid...

Wow

Just wow

Still just wow

I got nothing

Yeah still nothing.

Ok I thought of something. It's not much but it's something....

The OP is dumb. Phone Post
12/6/12 3:13 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - So... you clearly didn't read the entire article or you would've noticed BJ saying that he would've said the same thing in Rory's position. And then, of course... you'd have been embarrassed about getting butthurt and starting a thread about it.

2) bj saying he was going to hurt rory is one ting...giving bj a lecture on what he thinks is not real as if he is some enlightened philosopher is another

He was answering a reporter's question fool. They asked him why he thought BJ was fighting for the wrong reasons. He didn't just say it like he was some enlightened philosopher.
12/6/12 4:09 PM
Belcherz_Twister

BJ's right on - I hope he gets another chance to lick his gloves...
12/6/12 4:19 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

Goku is really giving the other trolls a run for their money as the worst poster on the UG.

this. all day.
12/6/12 4:38 PM
SMS89
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with everything that Rory said, as well as everything that BJ said.

This is another tough one to watch for me, but it should be a good one.

BJ, regardless of what some people will say, is a legend. Rory is a future superstar. Both are talented as hell.

Stop reaching OP. Phone Post
12/6/12 4:42 PM
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku

Standup29 - 
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

BWAHAHAHA!

I love BJ and don;t like Rory at all but this is just pathetic. How is Rory anwering a follow up question in an interview = giving BJ a lecture in your demeneted little brain?

learn to read dumbass....obvious status and your name in history is what drives many of the greatest atheletes in history like michael jordan...

if rory had an ounce of humility he could easily say that he simply has a different view on things, but he is acting like he is enlightened, that he knows something bj doesnt...this 23 year old kid is basically lecturing bj on reality...

"He's fighting for status, something that isn't real." 

"Maybe he doesn't realize that those things are not real."

"Maybe he should've learned that it's fickle.""

are you really going to tell me that saying these things is not extremely condescending and arrogant?

could u imagine saying these things to bj in person? of course you cant because you know it would be totally disrespectful...

rory can have his opinion that legendary status is not important...thats fine, but it turns into arrogance when he believes his opinion is the correct one and that others that do not share his view are unenlightened...i guess its a sign of immaturity, which is why i can understand u and orcus dont understand the naivete of his words...but its like the saying go, the more you know, the more you know you dont know...he thinks he has everything figutred out but hes just a 23 year old kid...

Wow

Just wow

Still just wow

I got nothing

Yeah still nothing.

Ok I thought of something. It's not much but it's something....

The OP is dumb. Phone Post

yeah, when you have no intelligent response, just resort to name calling...you are a prize of humanity my friend

12/6/12 4:43 PM

ManWithTheIronFists - 

He was answering a reporter's question fool. They asked him why he thought BJ was fighting for the wrong reasons. He didn't just say it like he was some enlightened philosopher.

yes, he answered the question in a condescending and arrogant way...your point?

12/6/12 5:04 PM

officedrone23 - That's the by-product of a talented young guy mixed with sports psychology. GSP is big on the sports psych stuff. He'll level out. He's taking the viking mentality to heart, that's all.

gsp is wayyyy more humble than rory..i cant think of one fighter that is more full of himself than rory..he even transcends jon jones...

12/6/12 5:10 PM
DreamerMMA
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts, LLC, Moderator

Fighters can be a bit sensitive at times but this seems like a bit of a stretch.

If BJ Penn felt Rory was being a dick I'm sure he would have had no problem calling him on it.  When has BJ ever been afraid to speak his mind to anyone in this sport let alone some up and comer? 

BJ Penn seems quite well aware of the mindset of the youthful fighter and seemed even empathetic to Rory's way of thinking as he mentioned Rory reminded him of himself at that age, that he likely would have said the exact thing Rory had said at that age. 

If anything, Rory was being honest about how he felt and BJ Penn was mature enough to not take it as an insult and even gave some insight into some surprisingly deep thoughts on the subject.

12/6/12 5:56 PM
rockafella

Maybe they should fight about it? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.