UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TMZ reports RouseyCarmouche signed for UFC 157

12/6/12 3:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Supertranquilo
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/06/ronda-rousey-ufc-fight-liz-carmouche-ufc-157-main-event-mma
12/6/12 3:17 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Win a blue name - click to enter

Wouldn't be suprised if this is true. Ronda has been on there a few times maybe she gets some $$$ for some exclusives. 

12/6/12 3:19 PM
ChaosOverkill
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inb4 Rhonda bashes her for not having nudes

12/6/12 3:19 PM
Card
1984 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Armbar R1

12/6/12 3:21 PM
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting if true. Likely just add more build up to rousey cyborg hype which I think will happen after this if ronda wins. Phone Post
Chris27

I dont like this, if it was Ronda/McMann or Ronda/Tate or Ronda/Cyborg I was on board with that being the main event, this is clearly an easier fight and one that she should win but Liz isnt a big enough name to be in the main event.

This would be better as a main event on FX or a co main event.

Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is going to fail horribly. Casuals don't even know that the UFC has a womens division do they? They need to start them on FOX and FX cards to get the womens division before they throw them straight into the ppv main event. I see this going 200K-280K
12/6/12 3:23 PM
KevinMcAllister
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ main event. Phone Post
12/6/12 3:24 PM
Chris27

Pancake Syrup - This is going to fail horribly. Casuals don't even know that the UFC has a womens division do they? They need to start them on FOX and FX cards to get the womens division before they throw them straight into the ppv main event. I see this going 200K-280K

You think doing between 200 to 300k for a card that has Liz C in the main event would be considered a failure? LOL

Doing anything close to 300k would be a grand slam game winning home run.

You do realize a card with Edgar/Maynard LW title, Aldo/Florian FW title and Sonnen/Stann did under 250k.

Anything over 200k is a success if this is the main event.

12/6/12 3:25 PM
Hikikomori

-10,000 rousey armbar 1st rd.
12/6/12 3:26 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If true, kind of an underwhelming headline debut, wonder what the thinking is

12/6/12 3:29 PM
yellow's Willin
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine Carmouche won? The women's division would be ruined.

This is clearly meant to be a build up fight for Rousey before the Tate rematch and Cyborg fight. Phone Post
12/6/12 3:29 PM
SHOGUN250
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol???

This will do less than 100k, unless the co-main is Anderson vs GSP and co-co-main is Brock vs Fedor.
12/6/12 3:31 PM
Chris27

2JupitersTooMany - 

If true, kind of an underwhelming headline debut, wonder what the thinking is

Ronda making her debut and getting a first round armbar looking fantastic.

Thats the thinking.

Her opponent imo makes for an easier fight and Ronda probably will look great.
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
Pancake Syrup - This is going to fail horribly. Casuals don't even know that the UFC has a womens division do they? They need to start them on FOX and FX cards to get the womens division before they throw them straight into the ppv main event. I see this going 200K-280K

You think doing between 200 to 300k for a card that has Liz C in the main event would be considered a failure? LOL

You do realize a card with Edgar/Maynard LW title, Aldo/Florian FW title and Sonnen/Stann did under 250k.

It really depends on the rest of the card as well. I really want to see Machida-Hendo, Nick Diaz might be on the card (He's off suspension by then right?) you have Faber who is a nice guy for middle of the card. If the rest of the card was shit i would give it 120K and maybe less
Tap In
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only saving grace of the card is it will most likely be Nick Diaz's return
12/6/12 3:34 PM
Chris27

SHOGUN250 - lol???

This will do less than 100k, unless the co-main is Anderson vs GSP and co-co-main is Brock vs Fedor.

the weakest cards in recent years still do 150k.

I will tell you right now that fight will have more media attention than most UFC events, Ronda will be on TMZ, late night talk shows, ESPN, tons of media will be around.

It will also have Hendo/Machida, Faber/Ivan, maybe Kos, a few other fights. The card will be strong enough and there will be media attention this card will def do over 200k buys.

12/6/12 3:35 PM
Son of Neckbone
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good choice for 1st fight in UFC, poor choice for main event.
12/6/12 3:35 PM
Chris27

Pancake Syrup - 
Chris27 - 

It really depends on the rest of the card as well. I really want to see Machida-Hendo, Nick Diaz might be on the card (He's off suspension by then right?) you have Faber who is a nice guy for middle of the card. If the rest of the card was shit i would give it 120K and maybe less

Yeah if the rest of the card was terrible I wouldnt suggest this card would do huge numbers but I think it would still do more than 147 did just because there will be alot of attention focused on Ronda's debut.

But the card is gonna have Faber, its gonna hve Hendo/Machida most likely, maybe Kos so the main card will be strong enough this card will do solid buys.

12/6/12 3:40 PM
Pancake Syrup

IF Ronda doesn't sell well in her first few fights does anyone see Dana ditching WMMA?
12/6/12 3:45 PM
Chris27

Pancake Syrup - IF Ronda doesn't sell well in her first few fights does anyone see Dana ditching WMMA?

No, they will put a good card behind her for this fight, it should do 200 to 300k. If it does more she is a hit.

Next would be teh Cyborg fight and that is a big fight that should do well.

If she had two fights and neither do well on PPV I think they would put her on Fox or FX and see hwo she does on free tv.

12/6/12 4:12 PM
crumbs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smart or lucky, that hendo vs machida will co main, potential FOTY to back up WMMA debut in the big leagues.
12/6/12 4:19 PM
SamboMMA

SHOGUN250 - lol???

No way in Hell will Anderson or GSP play second fiddle to Rousey.
12/6/12 4:22 PM
MR Combatively

What if Carmouche wins? Does the world end?

MR. Combatively
12/6/12 4:25 PM
SHOGUN250
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SamboMMA - 
SHOGUN250 - lol???

No way in Hell will Anderson or GSP play second fiddle to Rousey.

I even threw in Brock v Fedor to emphasize my sarcasm but you still didn't catch on?!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.