UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Johny Hendricks committing career suicide

12/6/12 6:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lgi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tap In - Look at how Carlos handled himself through all of his title shot drama, pure class act. And he ended up getting it. Crossing Dana isn't the key to success

Vote up. I agree. What did Condit go through again? First it was Condit vs Penn. Because of Diaz not showing to the GSP presser, it turned into Diaz vs Penn. Forgot the rest. But I didn't hear him bugging out.
12/6/12 6:33 PM
HandyDarsh
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What happens if gsp takes the Anderson fight after the Diaz fight? Will Hendricks retire? Phone Post
12/6/12 6:33 PM
jbapk

So Hendrick's is "ruining" his career by doing the exact same thing that Nate Diaz did, by sitting out for a title?

You know Nate Diaz, who is fighting for the title in 2 days?

Some prime analysis going on in this thread.
12/6/12 6:37 PM
mje364
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stubbsy - I don't think it's suicide, but it not a good move at all. I don't agree with the Diaz fight but he needs to look back at Rashad and choose wisely. Phone Post
Just being devils advocate look at how pettis and grispi wanted to keep fighting and lost their chance at the title. Losing that high up drops you down the totem pole fast. Phone Post
12/6/12 6:43 PM
madmav
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jbapk - So Hendrick's is "ruining" his career by doing the exact same thing that Nate Diaz did, by sitting out for a title?

true but dana squashed any immediate rematch no matter who won/lost the frankie/bendo 2 fight.. kind of a no brainer for nate to sit out.. but this gsp/diaz fight has much more uncertainties imo.. if diaz wins does gsp get immediate rematch or if gsp wins will he fight anderson.. plus fighters get leap frogged all the time it seems.. 

cheers. 

12/6/12 6:46 PM
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dubate -  The way all these guys who bitch and moan they didn't get title shots ( looking at you Hendricks and Weidman) it's not that they come off looking petulant (which they do) it's more that they come up looking like they don't believe in their own skills. As champion you're going to have to fight everybody so what does it matter if you fight them now or when you have a title? I think the smartest thing Hendricks could've done what have been to post on his Twitter account that he got robbed of a title shot and he would take it out on the poor bastard they put in front of him next. Sitting out just allows people to forget about you. These guys need to realize there's about 2 or 3 special people in the UFC right now that are irreplaceable and can call their own shots. Johnny I don't know who lied you but you're not one of them. Phone Post

voted up
12/6/12 6:47 PM
lgi

jbapk - So Hendrick's is "ruining" his career by doing the exact same thing that Nate Diaz did, by sitting out for a title?

Diaz was offered the shot. He waited for his fight. There was no other contender at that time. Who else was his supposed to fight?
12/6/12 6:49 PM
Ip Man 81

Seth -

When will these fighters realize that they are EMPLOYEES of the UFC and they fight when asked to fight.  I think it's funny that they act like they really have a say in anything.

Incorrect statement, very very incorrect Phone Post
12/6/12 6:50 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amose - 
dubate -  The way all these guys who bitch and moan they didn't get title shots ( looking at you Hendricks and Weidman) it's not that they come off looking petulant (which they do) it's more that they come up looking like they don't believe in their own skills. As champion you're going to have to fight everybody so what does it matter if you fight them now or when you have a title? I think the smartest thing Hendricks could've done what have been to post on his Twitter account that he got robbed of a title shot and he would take it out on the poor bastard they put in front of him next. Sitting out just allows people to forget about you. These guys need to realize there's about 2 or 3 special people in the UFC right now that are irreplaceable and can call their own shots. Johnny I don't know who lied you but you're not one of them. Phone Post

This. Voted up.

All of this.  And if he had done the bold, I (and I'm sure MANY others) would be a HUGE Hendricks fan.

12/6/12 6:51 PM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kid Charlemagne -  Waiting for the biggest possible fight and payday after getting the rug pulled from underneath him....

Taking another fight where he could possibly lose and remove him from contention is the suicide Phone Post

if he's confident he's the best, he should take a fight.

12/6/12 6:54 PM
IIAces

Kid Charlemagne -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Seth - 

When will these fighters realize that they are EMPLOYEES of the UFC and they fight when asked to fight.  I think it's funny that they act like they really have a say in anything.

Ummmmm you do realize that fighters are NOT employees of the UFC right?

Contractors Phone Post
I believe they would have to be signed as employees if they want medical care/insurance. They would have to be considered an employee to get it. Not as a contractor. Contractors/subcontractors carry their own insurance for their employees. Phone Post
12/6/12 6:57 PM
IIAces

IIAces -
Kid Charlemagne -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Seth - 

Ummmmm you do realize that fighters are NOT employees of the UFC right?

Contractors Phone Post
I believe they would have to be signed as employees if they want medical care/insurance. They would have to be considered an employee to get it. Not as a contractor. Contractors/subcontractors carry their own insurance for their employees. Phone Post
and for themselves Phone Post
Ip Man 81

dubate - The way all these guys who bitch and moan they didn't get title shots ( looking at you Hendricks and Weidman) it's not that they come off looking petulant (which they do) it's more that they come up looking like they don't believe in their own skills. As champion you're going to have to fight everybody so what does it matter if you fight them now or when you have a title? I think the smartest thing Hendricks could've done what have been to post on his Twitter account that he got robbed of a title shot and he would take it out on the poor bastard they put in front of him next. Sitting out just allows people to forget about you. These guys need to realize there's about 2 or 3 special people in the UFC right now that are irreplaceable and can call their own shots. Johnny I don't know who lied you but you're not one of them. Phone Post
I don't think it's so much the title as it is that big payday that they want. Sure every fighters dream is to hold that belt, but the payday they would receive is really what most of these guys are after, the newer up and comers that is. Old school guys like liddell, randy, penn, hendo actually wanted the belt once they were financially sound. But a guy like Hendricks, that payday would change his life. Phone Post
Tom O'BentOverByFitch

Jason - 

I couldn't agree more. I like most MMA fans are a big supporter and fan of Hendricks. But he is in noooo position to do that. Who the fuck is Johnny Hendericks? Does the UFC need him? Do the casual fans even know who he is? Can Johnny Hendricks' name sell any more PPVs than any other welterweight on the UFC roster could across from GSP? the answer to all these questions is 100% NO.

If I was Dana White, UFC Prez, I would now be far less likely to give him a title shot.

I do understand that title shots should be earned. And not decided on marketing, but it does play a part. And rigth now although Hendricks is impressing us, he is fucking up marketing himself big time

He's the only contender in UFC history to beat 3, Top 10 ranked fighters in his division without getting a title shot.

Not only that he KO'd the #2 and #5 guys with 1-punch knockouts.

Nick Diaz is a guy who is 1-1 in the UFC and failed his most recent drug test, didn't show up for a PC, and will probably blow his chance AGAIN.

I agree that Hendricks shouldn't shut the door on another fight and put himself on Daddy Danas shitlist, but, let's not act like Hendricks isn't easily the #1 Contender and is also easily more of a threat to GSP than Nick "I haven't fought a decent wrestler in MMA in years and am about to go up against the fighter with easily the best wrestling for MMA in the sport" Diaz.

12/6/12 6:59 PM
Tom O'BentOverByFitch

Yes, I recognize that's a very long nickname.

12/6/12 6:59 PM
IIAces

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler -
Amose - 
dubate -  The way all these guys who bitch and moan they didn't get title shots ( looking at you Hendricks and Weidman) it's not that they come off looking petulant (which they do) it's more that they come up looking like they don't believe in their own skills. As champion you're going to have to fight everybody so what does it matter if you fight them now or when you have a title? I think the smartest thing Hendricks could've done what have been to post on his Twitter account that he got robbed of a title shot and he would take it out on the poor bastard they put in front of him next. Sitting out just allows people to forget about you. These guys need to realize there's about 2 or 3 special people in the UFC right now that are irreplaceable and can call their own shots. Johnny I don't know who lied you but you're not one of them. Phone Post

This. Voted up.

All of this.  And if he had done the bold, I (and I'm sure MANY others) would be a HUGE Hendricks fan.

Good solid post. Will vote up when I get to a computer Phone Post
12/6/12 7:04 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He looks like a (career) suicide bomber Phone Post
12/6/12 7:06 PM
Amose
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana's Response to Johnny Hendricks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzaGL7ORPyg&feature=player_detailpage#t=709s

12/6/12 7:07 PM
MoneyMO
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's funny how "Hendricks is committing career suicide," considering this is the type of crap that Nick Diaz pulled to get back into the UFC, and also get this title shot.

Remember about how he said he was going to go box Jeff Lacy if he didn't get paid more/fight GSP while he was Strikeforce champion?

And how about "retiring" after the Condit fight?
12/6/12 7:10 PM
jsdaugh34
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably should look for an opportunity to make more money somewhere else.....if it exists. Idk bout OneFC or Bellator. He doesn't need to open his mouth bout it.

How bout..... Bellator gets more money bc of Spike deal.

Sign Johnny Hendricks vs. Ben Askren for title
12/6/12 7:19 PM
hubris
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who cares about belts
12/6/12 7:25 PM
youarewhatiswrong
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MoneyMO - It's funny how "Hendricks is committing career suicide," considering this is the type of crap that Nick Diaz pulled to get back into the UFC, and also get this title shot.

Remember about how he said he was going to go box Jeff Lacy if he didn't get paid more/fight GSP while he was Strikeforce champion?

And how about "retiring" after the Condit fight?

Nick Diaz has a name, and a following. Hendrix, despite his success thus far, does not. Nick has weight to throw around outside the cage. The only weight Hendrix has to throw around is inside the cage.
12/6/12 9:43 PM
Seth
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
Seth -

Incorrect statement, very very incorrect Phone Post
How so? Phone Post
12/6/12 9:50 PM
Seth
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why are certain people saying I am wrong for calling them employees? Please explain yourself and how they are not. Simply saying I am wrong with nothing to back it up is foolish. Phone Post
12/6/12 9:54 PM
huggy bear

Seth -

You do know that fighters are independent contractors and can accept or decline any fight they want to. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.