UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shields to Hendricks: "Quit crying"

12/7/12 4:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Megatherium
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm really looking forward to seeing the K-1 WGP on Spike tv come January!!
12/7/12 4:35 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishman84 - lol @ clowns crying like there are #1 contenders. Win streaks and "top 5" opponents dont mean shit when A beat B, B beat C, and C beat A. Styles make fights. Look it up if you dont know what it means
Yeah there's

A. 4x all American wrestler and 2x national champion with probably p4p the most punching power in mma.

B. A BJJ black belt with good boxing who has a history of being taken down and held down.

This has nothing to do with styles. This is about money, that's why Dana made the fight. Diaz has nothing for GSP, Johny may not either buy he's certainly got a better chance of beating him Phone Post
12/7/12 4:51 AM
Megatherium
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
irishman84 - lol @ clowns crying like there are #1 contenders. Win streaks and "top 5" opponents dont mean shit when A beat B, B beat C, and C beat A. Styles make fights. Look it up if you dont know what it means
Yeah there's

A. 4x all American wrestler and 2x national champion with probably p4p the most punching power in mma.

B. A BJJ black belt with good boxing who has a history of being taken down and held down.

This has nothing to do with styles. This is about money, that's why Dana made the fight. Diaz has nothing for GSP, Johny may not either buy he's certainly got a better chance of beating him Phone Post

Actually Diaz has a style that is very GSP friendly. GSP ought to be able to ground and pound Diaz with relative ease.
12/7/12 5:35 AM
GelderdEnd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gracie -
GelderdEnd -  I fucking hate the Cesar Gracie camp with a passion....STFU Phone Post

You are one of those douche bags that hates people that they never met and then when they meet those people in person they start suckin dick!!! Cesar Gracie may not be the nicest person..but he is a great teacher and his team is like a band of brothers..training together since day one. NO OTHER TEAM CAN SAY THAT!!!
LOL I don't need to meet your heroes to figure out what they are like in person you fucking nut hugging moron, they do it all themselves in public

Ohhh no i have 3 more vote downs, You, and your army of fanboys are the worst on here, your embarrassing....step out of your mothers basement and go mean mug some old folk, be just like the Diaz brothers, pathetic! Phone Post
12/7/12 6:27 AM
ufcman187

Shields hasn't finished an opponent in 3 years and is 2-2-1 in the UFC. Hendricks is knocking out people left and right. Why risk fighting someone who is going to latch on to you like a horny dog and hump your leg for 15 minutes. The Diaz' adopted brother must still be high or something to challenge Hendricks
12/7/12 6:32 AM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shields wants to end up worse than he did against Ellenberger.
12/7/12 7:31 AM
Lazer MMA

CindyO - 
superCalo - 

Hendricks cool it bro over GSP and Nick, calm down already, stop getting so uptight have one of these homie http://horrorhomework.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bong+and++bongs.jpg

When he's right, he's right:)

Cindy

If your a twit who wants to see WWE match ups like Sonnen VS JBJ or GSP VS Nick where the true #1 contender gets screwed over and the challengers are completely outclassed and failed to earn the fights maybe you need to hit that shit. Sadly though in all probability you can't afford the further brain cell loss though.
12/7/12 7:38 AM
6ULDV8
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LazerMMA, you sir are a retarded idiot.

12/7/12 7:43 AM
Lazer MMA

Great logical rebuttal, illustrating the very height of your mental capacity. Props, take a hit
12/7/12 8:02 AM
Lazer MMA

Willy the Coyote -  Lazer is dead on here. UFC is on a downward spiral. It's fine to have a fight like this when someone is hurt or there is no clear contender, but not when one guy is far above the rest in terms of being the #1 contender. Phone Post

Logic like that will cost us another 100 VTFD but IDNGAF, as i'd like to see MMA as a real sport not a WWE. Hendo for one can't afford to get screwed over by the UFC again and again at his age so they could have TUF & FOX ratings.
12/7/12 8:22 AM
Tardiolli

kevsh - I still don't see how Nick deserves the next title shot after he's proven he's completely unreliable. He screwed over the UFC and fans by missing events, failed a drug test, lost to Condit and shown no signs that's he grown up.

Plus, I wonder how happy Dana/UFC would be if Nick won the title? Are they really ready for this guy to represent the organization as their champion?

Hendricks on the other hand is the opposite: He fulfills his commitments, does the promos, makes weight, no failed drug tests and he's beat 3 top guys in his last 3 fights.

They know GSP will win this. Nick ain't TKO'ing him and I don't see Georges getting submitted either. The biggest problem imo is Nick screwing the fight by his crazy antics.
12/7/12 8:30 AM
Lazer MMA

Tardiolli - 
kevsh - I still don't see how Nick deserves the next title shot after he's proven he's completely unreliable. He screwed over the UFC and fans by missing events, failed a drug test, lost to Condit and shown no signs that's he grown up.

Plus, I wonder how happy Dana/UFC would be if Nick won the title? Are they really ready for this guy to represent the organization as their champion?

Hendricks on the other hand is the opposite: He fulfills his commitments, does the promos, makes weight, no failed drug tests and he's beat 3 top guys in his last 3 fights.

They know GSP will win this. Nick ain't TKO'ing him and I don't see Georges getting submitted either. The biggest problem imo is Nick screwing the fight by his crazy antics.

Naa, no way. Nick talks shit ten seconds in and gets jabbed and taken down and gets his face pounded to oblivion for 5 full rounds. The only thing that can stop that will be a doctors stoppage as Nick will be full of his own blood from head to toe (GSP will be covered in Nick's blood too).

Money in the bank as soon as I see a line
12/7/12 9:21 AM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do more does not = win more...
12/7/12 10:19 AM
omlet de fromage

MMFT -
Lazer MMA - 
MMFT - 
Willy the Coyote -  Nick has done more? He beat three top ten fighters in a row? Oh, right, he lost to the last ranked fighter he fought. Phone Post

The argument can easily be made that Diaz didn't lose that fight. It should have at least been a draw/rematch. Everyone who tries to bash Diaz for that "loss" is stupid. That fight was as close as it gets, and in my opinion he won three of those rounds.but I digress... I have no iissue with this match up. GSP asked for it, and considering how close the condit/Diaz fight was, GSP/Diaz will be a foty candidate.

Condit won all be it by an unpopular but smart plan PERIOD.

GSP will destroy Nick. WTF can he even do but be owned via TD at will and controlled while getting bloodied up? Only thing to do is bet it.

Well you get your opinion and I get mine. I had no problem with his gameplan. He was way more aggressive than people make him out to be in that fight. But he didn't become effective until round three. And if you don't have round five for Diaz then you have to have score it a draw. So why would you think Diaz has no chance with gsp if condit almost finished him, and Diaz just beat condit (IMO)?

And to answer you other question, it's called juijitsu... Nick is pretty good at iit ... and it happens to be kryptonite to wrestling. And getting punched in the face makes it kinda hard to takedown at will. Not saying Diaz has this, but it's certainly not a mismatch, and its not like the decision is shocking.
Good wrestling>BJJ just take a look at Matt Hughes vs Royce. Can sometimes be the other way around but it is definitely not kryptonite. Phone Post
12/7/12 10:34 AM
UGSlapshot

yellow wrkahlc -

LMFAO! Jake moves up to 185, gets busted for a banned substance, and is now trying to squeeze himself back into the title picture at a weight classes he really doesn't belong in.

Oh Jake. You're funny.

Actually if you know anything about Shields then you know its probably the best WC for him. Phone Post
12/7/12 10:35 AM
UGSlapshot

CindyO -
superCalo - 

Hendricks cool it bro over GSP and Nick, calm down already, stop getting so uptight have one of these homie http://horrorhomework.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bong+and++bongs.jpg

When he's right, he's right:)

Cindy

Is that you on the bong? Phone Post
12/7/12 11:53 AM
YousHerName
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deuce77 - Hendricks is just a flavor-of-the-year type fighter. He hasn't earned a shot yet.
Wow u dumbfuck who has earned a title shot more than hendricks at WW let alone any weight class. Who earned it more stupid? Phone Post
12/7/12 12:50 PM
Lord Nitemare
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Jake should cool it, considering he's no one to shit on Hendro. He might qualify as the worst fighter in MMA, and Hendro is on a kill streak.
12/7/12 12:55 PM
Jaybrone
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YousHerName -
Deuce77 - Hendricks is just a flavor-of-the-year type fighter. He hasn't earned a shot yet.
Wow u dumbfuck who has earned a title shot more than hendricks at WW let alone any weight class. Who earned it more stupid? Phone Post
No one but Diaz fans will say Nick. No point arguing it. Hendricks deserves it. Nick will get it because its money for the UFC and he will never be able to really earn a shot in that division. So it's now or never. Phone Post
12/7/12 1:20 PM
Jaybrone
471 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked Jake so much more when he wasn't trying to be like Cesar and just did his thing. He just comes off as a raging douche Cesar clone here. Phone Post
12/7/12 1:42 PM
Stan Dan Wang

gracie - JAKE KICKS EVERYONES ASS AT AKA..FACT!!!!

rofl, no.
12/7/12 3:56 PM
OMA (tm)

gracie -
GelderdEnd -  I fucking hate the Cesar Gracie camp with a passion....STFU Phone Post

You are one of those douche bags that hates people that they never met and then when they meet those people in person they start suckin dick!!! Cesar Gracie may not be the nicest person..but he is a great teacher and his team is like a band of brothers..training together since day one. NO OTHER TEAM CAN SAY THAT!!!
This right here.

You would be awe struck around any member of the team.

But on here you "hate" them. I've seen it 1000 times.

I don't believe u for a min. Broseph!! Phone Post
12/7/12 4:23 PM
ironkong

i forgot jake shields was still fighting in the UFC. and i'm not trying to be funny or mean. Shields is the least memorable fighter ever
12/7/12 4:24 PM
Lite
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see Shield's dominating Swick. Fitch? And Kos?!?! That's a bit harder to believe. I would love to see those fights.
12/7/12 5:34 PM
GelderdEnd

OMA (tm) -
gracie -

This right here.

You would be awe struck around any member of the team.

But on here you "hate" them. I've seen it 1000 times.

I don't believe u for a min. Broseph!! Phone Post
No I actually tell someone I don't like them if I don't, if I got chance to meet them I'd say the same, just cos their fighters makes no odds, douchebags are douchebags....and you are?? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.