UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks is the real #1 contender

12/6/12 7:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bad Monkey
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has without question earned the spot, and to not give him the title shot is an injustice...

But, I am way more excited to see GSP/Diaz.  

Tough break for Hendricks, totally not fair to him.  I hope the UFC compensates him well for getting fucked over so royally...

But as a fan, this is great.  This is the fight I want to see.  I think this is a fight that most people want to see.  Even the people who believe the guy who earned the spot should, without fail get there title shot, if they are honest with themselves, would probably prefer to watch this fight as well.  These guys are fired up to fight each other and it should be fireworks.

Dana, for once, is giving the fans (or at least this fan) what they want.

In short, bad for Hendricks, but yeah for me(the fan)

12/6/12 7:20 PM
KZTT_MMAfan55
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah yeah we know

It's about who GSP wants though Phone Post
12/6/12 7:20 PM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP rarely asks for anything and has been a model company guy.

You have to let him settle his beef with Nick while it's as possible as it can be and theres still a possiblity it fucks up again.

12/6/12 7:27 PM
Bad Monkey
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

GSP rarely asks for anything and has been a model company guy.

You have to let him settle his beef with Nick while it's as possible as it can be and theres still a possiblity it fucks up again.

He should be careful what he asks for.

12/6/12 7:32 PM
Huntsman
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks is clearly number 1 contender!!! Diaz had his shot and couldn't be bothered to make a press conference!!!

Diaz fighting GSP is more BS than Chael fighting JBJ. At least Chael accepted a fight on 8 days notice to save an event when everyone else turned it down!!! Phone Post
12/6/12 7:34 PM
Bad Monkey

Edited: 12/06/12 7:34 PM
Huntsman -  Hendricks is clearly number 1 contender!!! Diaz had his shot and couldn't be bothered to make a press conference!!!

Diaz fighting GSP is more BS than Chael fighting JBJ. At least Chael accepted a fight on 8 days notice to save an event when everyone else turned it down!!! Phone Post

You are not wrong, but you are clearly missing the point.

This is a better fight.

12/6/12 7:35 PM
Ludelow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huntsman -  Hendricks is clearly number 1 contender!!! Diaz had his shot and couldn't be bothered to make a press conference!!!

12/6/12 9:20 PM
Bad Monkey

Cung knocked my ace out -  Agree and signed Phone Post

You agree that Diaz/GSP is the fight to make, even though Hendricks has earned it?

Or did you just read the title and post?  

Not trying to be a dick, I just wonder how many share my opinion.

12/6/12 9:29 PM
HandyDarsh
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he is inactive for a year would he still be #1 in your opinion? His plan to refuse fights may hurt his stocks worth. Phone Post
12/6/12 9:29 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Hendricks has to wait six months for the winner of GSP-Diaz. Not that big a deal, many guys have to wait a lot longer for their shot.
12/6/12 9:35 PM
Pancake Syrup
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo and Hendri both get fucked over from title shots. I see a pattern
12/6/12 9:37 PM
Bad Monkey

HandyDarsh -  If he is inactive for a year would he still be #1 in your opinion? His plan to refuse fights may hurt his stocks worth. Phone Post

At this point I don't know what anyone could do to surpass him in the rankings.  He could get super fucked if DIaz wins and GSP gets an immediate rematch, but out side of that Hendricks has #1 contender on lockdown.  

The thing is #1 contender =/= title shot.

Can't wait to see Diaz chasing GSP around the cage.  

This is going to be awesome for everyone but Johnny.

12/6/12 9:40 PM
Jaybrone
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP wants this fight. He has never to my knowledge asked for any particular opponent in his reign as champ. The guy has always been willing to face whoever they wanted him to. If he wants Nick then let him face Nick. DIaz is not the most deserving but sometimes a champ in combat sports wants to settle a beef. It is pretty much now or never for this fight and the fans want it. At least this is a fight people were asking for unlike Sonnen v Jones.

12/6/12 9:41 PM
SickEyeDiaz
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ agreed (for once)
12/6/12 9:41 PM
lgi

Outside of internet forums, I don't see too many people being hyped about Hendricks vs GSP.
12/6/12 9:43 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

How do people think this is a better fight?

GSP will take him down and control him. Standing up any time he feels threatened only to take him back down.

Diaz has no way to win. Hendricks on the other hand CAN land a giant bomb...and can at least stuff a few of the TDs...

Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course he is, but a year of lowered PPV buys/bad ratings/declining interest in general means things like Diaz and Chael getting title shots/TUF and Rousey main eventing. The UFC has gotten desperate for marketing buzz.
32Hunter

SickEyeDiaz - ^^^ agreed (for once)

crazy isn't it?
12/6/12 9:45 PM
Bad Monkey

Jaybrone - 

GSP wants this fight. He has never to my knowledge asked for any particular opponent in his reign as champ. The guy has always been willing to face whoever they wanted him to. If he wants Nick then let him face Nick. DIaz is not the most deserving but sometimes a champ in combat sports wants to settle a beef. It is pretty much now or never for this fight and the fans want it. At least this is a fight people were asking for unlike Sonnen v Jones.

This sounds like disapproving acceptance.

Do you personally like this fight over GSP/Hendricks?

12/6/12 9:47 PM
Pancake Syrup
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lgi - Outside of internet forums, I don't see too many people being hyped about Hendricks vs GSP.

Outside of internet forums and usual mma shows i don't hear Diaz getting mentioned either a lot like Hendricks. Casuals fans don't know much about either
12/6/12 9:47 PM
SickEyeDiaz
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

GSP will take him down and control him. Standing up any time he feels threatened only to take him back down.

Diaz has no way to win. Hendricks on the other hand CAN land a giant bomb...and can at least stuff a few of the TDs...

Submissions...ever heard of them?

Rocking someone and then capitalizing on it with a TKO, ever heard of that? (Condit almost did it)

LOL @ Diaz has no way to win.
12/6/12 9:52 PM
Bad Monkey

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

I see your viewpoint, but disagree.  IMO Diaz is like COndit only a little better.  Condit almost made it happen, why couldn't Nick. And before "Condit beat Nick" I would just like to say 1,2,&5

12/6/12 10:10 PM
Jaybrone
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/12 10:12 PM
Bad Monkey - 
Jaybrone - 

This sounds like disapproving acceptance.

Do you personally like this fight over GSP/Hendricks?

I thnk it should be Hendricks getting the shot. But I understand why they want the DIaz fight and am excited for it. I would prefer Hendricks as i think he has at least a shot at winning and I don't think Diaz has a snowballs chance in hell.

12/6/12 10:15 PM
Hookandshoot

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -

This!!
Diaz has nothing for GSP I'm predicting TKO by referee or doctors stoppage. Sorry guys. Phone Post
12/6/12 11:18 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum

Edited: 12/06/12 11:22 PM

I'd like to see Hendricks vs GSP after Diaz/GSP, just so that the Hendricks hype can finally die.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.