UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks is the real #1 contender

12/7/12 5:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Huntsman
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad Monkey -
Huntsman -  Hendricks is clearly number 1 contender!!! Diaz had his shot and couldn't be bothered to make a press conference!!!

Diaz fighting GSP is more BS than Chael fighting JBJ. At least Chael accepted a fight on 8 days notice to save an event when everyone else turned it down!!! Phone Post

You are not wrong, but you are clearly missing the point.

This is a better fight.

The build up, PPV sales, and hype may be bigger and better than a Hendricks fight.

The fight itself, not so much!!! But if that's what you buy into then that's great!!! Phone Post
12/7/12 6:45 AM
daddy N0
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks is the No.1 contender for what he did in the UFC but Nick Diaz is the No.1 Draw to fight with GSP even more then Anderson in my opinion. Hendricks could be better then all three he just has to keep doing what he is doing and make it undeniable to everyone. That what being a champion is sort about . Its sucks for Hendricks but this isn't a perfect world in a perfect world Nick will be able to get High all day long without being suspend from fighting and then maybe Hendricks and Diaz would of fought all ready but it is what it is. But i'm excite for the fight just wish Hendricks will take on the winner of Penn MacDonald and Jake Shields stays at 185 Phone Post
12/7/12 7:14 AM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The quicker this fight happens though the quicker Diaz fans get off his nuts when he fights a legit ww
12/7/12 7:56 AM
SamboSlim187
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz vs GSP will make a fuck of a lot more $$$ than Hendricks vs GSP so the UFC will make Diaz vs GSP. There's no ranking system in the UFC. It all comes down to $$$. I'm not sure how kids haven't figured that out it yet. With every fight that's announced, you've got kids with beard stubble and tapout shorts crying about what's fair. Hendricks will get his chance when he's built a name for himself or the UFC is out of options. That's how it works in the UFC. Want fair? Watch Bellator. Phone Post
12/7/12 8:05 AM
Big Pookie
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SamboSlim187 -  Diaz vs GSP will make a fuck of a lot more $$$ than Hendricks vs GSP so the UFC will make Diaz vs GSP. There's no ranking system in the UFC. It all comes down to $$$. I'm not sure how kids haven't figured that out it yet. With every fight that's announced, you've got kids with beard stubble and tapout shorts crying about what's fair. Hendricks will get his chance when he's built a name for himself or the UFC is out of options. That's how it works in the UFC. Want fair? Watch Bellator. Phone Post

Voting you up sir.

You think people would have figured this out by now.
12/7/12 8:09 AM
NaciVela

SamboSlim187 -  Diaz vs GSP will make a fuck of a lot more $$$ than Hendricks vs GSP so the UFC will make Diaz vs GSP. There's no ranking system in the UFC. It all comes down to $$$. I'm not sure how kids haven't figured that out it yet. With every fight that's announced, you've got kids with beard stubble and tapout shorts crying about what's fair. Hendricks will get his chance when he's built a name for himself or the UFC is out of options. That's how it works in the UFC. Want fair? Watch Bellator. Phone Post

This
12/7/12 8:21 AM
flip_guard
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad Monkey -

He has without question earned the spot, and to not give him the title shot is an injustice...

But, I am way more excited to see GSP/Diaz.  

Tough break for Hendricks, totally not fair to him.  I hope the UFC compensates him well for getting fucked over so royally...

But as a fan, this is great.  This is the fight I want to see.  I think this is a fight that most people want to see.  Even the people who believe the guy who earned the spot should, without fail get there title shot, if they are honest with themselves, would probably prefer to watch this fight as well.  These guys are fired up to fight each other and it should be fireworks.

Dana, for once, is giving the fans (or at least this fan) what they want.

In short, bad for Hendricks, but yeah for me(the fan)

And Hendricks will have his chance so people shouldnt sweat it!!! Phone Post
12/7/12 9:46 AM
Tardiolli

flip_guard - 
Bad Monkey -

He has without question earned the spot, and to not give him the title shot is an injustice...

But, I am way more excited to see GSP/Diaz.  

Tough break for Hendricks, totally not fair to him.  I hope the UFC compensates him well for getting fucked over so royally...

But as a fan, this is great.  This is the fight I want to see.  I think this is a fight that most people want to see.  Even the people who believe the guy who earned the spot should, without fail get there title shot, if they are honest with themselves, would probably prefer to watch this fight as well.  These guys are fired up to fight each other and it should be fireworks.

Dana, for once, is giving the fans (or at least this fan) what they want.

In short, bad for Hendricks, but yeah for me(the fan)

And Hendricks will have his chance so people shouldnt sweat it!!! Phone Post

Really? Because if he can't get it with two brutal knockouts over top 5 guys I don't think he can take anything for granted from the UFC.
12/7/12 9:50 AM
sacredhate
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

maybe, just maybe, GSP told Dana he'd fight Anderson but that he would only do so after a Diaz match.

12/7/12 1:32 PM
Osbot

This is 100% business decision for the UFC.

From a logical stand point, Diaz remains a bankable contender but reason that he has been inactive.

The reality about Diaz is that he is currently an unknown commodity at WW in the UFC. It is a division dominated by wrestlers and Nick historically had not done well versus wrestlers.

When it comes down to it then, the UFC is hedging their beats. Diaz remains in the mix by virtue of so few remaining bankable contenders.

Putting Diaz in against GSP asap may be the only opportunity the UFC has to make this fight. Not making the fight runs the risk of Diaz getting Fitch or Kos or Ellenberger or some other wrastling stud. Diaz MIGHT beat those guys, but historically he doesn't and you have to go with what you know from the UFC stand point. That means put Diaz in with GSP before the luster over Diaz' strike force run can be potentially tarnished by a dominant wrestler.

Hendricks on the other hand is relatively new to the big leagues, is a wrestler base and has pretty much beaten every immediate contender. Hendricks can wait. Diaz can't.
12/7/12 1:52 PM
Lun8
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks lost the fight to Koscheck imo and knocked out Kampmann so he is the #1 contender ? come on.  untill he beats nick or Condit he remains at the #4 spot easy. I dont know how anyone can like such a crybaby either. How has he earned the right to sit out or demand title shots.  Rory beats him, Bj Beats him,  Nick beats him, Condit beats him, Maia beats him imo.

12/7/12 1:58 PM
BaraoKix

This is why the UFC/mma will never be considered "sport"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.