UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Just talked to Dan "The Beast" Severn a half hour

12/6/12 8:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's getting set up to teach MMA, and Submission Grappling at ASU and surrounding areas so if you are in the area go train with a Legend.

Will likely promote MMA shows soon in AZ.

Still interested in doing Seminars all over, so contact him direct or me and I will forward it. Hell, In Cali or maybe Arizona or elsewhere you might want a combo Beast n Wolfman seminar.

Would like to have gotten a good old legends fight together and I know he has been trying, like Coleman, Ruas, Royce, Ken Shamrock etc. but has been unable to, even when he has gotten investors on board (and gotten one of the names offered a decent show purse).

Thinks the Global Proving Grounds Island/Reality type show will happen.

Just saw points I thought you guys might want to know from a UFC Hall of Fame member/Legend.
12/6/12 9:09 PM
Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome hope the best for him ... Phone Post
12/6/12 9:10 PM
Loser Born Natural
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool.
He is a legend. Phone Post
12/6/12 9:13 PM
Lazer MMA

TTT for the beast! still can't believe he lost that fight to Royce lol!
12/6/12 11:40 PM
theshooter
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So has Dan Severn moved from Michigan to Arizona, or is he just going to be in Arizona for short periods of time?
12/6/12 11:44 PM
Jack Skellington
745 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my all time favorite

true story: Severn wrestled for the WWE a while back. Well Mick Foley (ie. Mankind, Cactus Jack etc ...) said Severn was the best example of tendon strength he'd ever seen. And he said Severn was the strongest person he ever wrestled.

12/7/12 4:19 AM
theshooter
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Well Mick Foley (ie. Mankind, Cactus Jack etc ...) said Severn was the best example of tendon strength he'd ever seen."

I remember hearing people say the same thing about Bob Backlund.

"And he said Severn was the strongest person he ever wrestled."

Hmmmm, this is actually somewhat surprising. I wonder if Mick Foley ever wrestled Brock Lesnar. I recall Rob Van Dam saying that Brock Lesnar was the strongest person he ever wrestled.

What's the difference between tendon strength and muscle strength, and how does one tell the difference?
12/7/12 4:36 AM
GriffinQ
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Coaching at ASU or near ASU? Phone Post
12/7/12 12:37 PM
Jack Skellington
745 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theshooter - "Well Mick Foley (ie. Mankind, Cactus Jack etc ...) said Severn was the best example of tendon strength he'd ever seen."

I remember hearing people say the same thing about Bob Backlund.

"And he said Severn was the strongest person he ever wrestled."

Hmmmm, this is actually somewhat surprising. I wonder if Mick Foley ever wrestled Brock Lesnar. I recall Rob Van Dam saying that Brock Lesnar was the strongest person he ever wrestled.

What's the difference between tendon strength and muscle strength, and how does one tell the difference?

no, Mick & Brock never wrestled each other (I dont think anyways)

Tendon strength is when a man has super strength without having huge muscles. Old fisherman used to have great tendon strength cause 'back in the day' fisherman used to pull fish traps into the boats by hand.

Steve Irwin, yes THAT Steve Irwin, was said to have incredible tendon strength (per Kyle Noke). So very strong without having the Hulk Hogan like muscles.

12/7/12 12:59 PM
Kumite4

Any one that has a chance to go meet him better do it! Ive posted several times on the UG how Severn went out of his way to befriend me here in Ohio and invited me up to his place to train. You will get some great insight from a vet like Dan, not only that... he has so many war stories you wil never tire of hearing him talk.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.