UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> cost of used plates?

12/6/12 9:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The gym I go to has recently gone through an upgrade and have quite a bit of old plates that they aren't doing anything with. I've offered to take them off of their hands but have yet to been told how much they want for them. I'm thinking about 1/2 of retail, as they are a motley collection of various plates that come from different manufacturers, are all metal, and in most cases rusted.

I'm not buying top notch equipment, but there is a metric fuck ton of potentially cheap weight available. My hope is they only want to get rid of it and I get it for free (minus the labor of moving it), but the realistic me says they'll ask a price and I'm not sure what is reasonable.

Keep in mind they just replaced it with about 3000lbs of rubberized weights and 1000lbs of bumper plates.

Ideas on how much I should be offering per lbd of old shitty metal plates that I would have to move myself?
12/7/12 10:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bump

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.