UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White blame Tito for Rousey v Cyborg not happening

12/6/12 10:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grimreapers
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source: Dana White blames Tito Ortiz for Cyborg turning down fight against Rhonda Rousey

I guess Ortiz advice Cyborg that 135 was too much of a cut for her, and wants Rousey to come up to 145lb, her original weight class. I though the weight was a none issue anymore after Cyborg said she could make 135.....
12/6/12 10:30 PM
Dirtguy

I would guess that Tito wants too see what kind of numbers this fight does before he works on cyborgs deal Phone Post
12/6/12 10:33 PM
ABE FROMAN
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/12 10:38 PM

"That was never said! Cyborg' will fight her anytime, anywhere at 145. Cris said she would kill herself trying to make 135. I won't allow it, (and) neither should the UFC or Dana. Cris wants the fight, fans want the fight, and so does the UFC. If Ronda is such a great fighter, why doesn't she fight at the weight she started at? This is no different than (Anderson) Silva cutting to 170 to fight GSP. It's not healthy, period."

12/6/12 10:34 PM
ABE FROMAN
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It looks like that's what Dana said. I am having a SUPER hard-time with this 'unhealthy weight' thing for a women who's only 10 pounds from her goal and is carrying around too much muscle.

It's just stupid to claim it's too much weight. Anderson Silva isn't carrying around 20 pounds of extra muscle.

12/6/12 10:34 PM
Chris27

Wait so Dana says Tito advised her not to do it, Tito says that isnt true but then goes on to say and I quote

"Cris said she would kill herself trying to make 135. I won't allow it"

Tito has been hit in the head too many times.
12/6/12 10:36 PM
IIAces

Why did she state the she could make weight then? She said it would just take her longer than the few months. Said fight didn't happen because UFC wanted right away and she needed more time to make the cut. Phone Post
12/6/12 10:39 PM
Brigham
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait so the 'doctor' that told Cyborg she couldn't go to 135 was Tito?????? Phone Post
12/6/12 10:45 PM
Chris27

Brigham -  Wait so the 'doctor' that told Cyborg she couldn't go to 135 was Tito?????? Phone Post

LOL

Tito wont agree to the fight unless Dana gives him a percentage of the PPV revenue.

12/6/12 10:54 PM
7titofan7

I think there is a very big difference in telling someone not to fight someone and telling someone not to cut weight. I doubt cyborg is scared to fight rousey or thinks she'll lose, she just doesnt want to cut weight, ive never cut weight and i dont know much about it so i cant comment on how legitimate all this weight crap actually is, dana is just finger pointing to find blame for his own failings. Phone Post
12/6/12 11:32 PM
Mrbrownfolks
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pidgey - hold on a second, is Tito Cyborg's manager now?

Yes. I think she's the first fighter he signed if I remember correctly.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/8/22/3260533/with-new-business-venture-tito-ortiz-goes-from-fighter-to-manager
12/6/12 11:34 PM
cheesesteak
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how stupid to have Tito as your manager. She deserves a giant dunce hat and a nice corner to sit in for that....stupid
12/6/12 11:38 PM
MMALOGIC

the story is Tito advised her against giving in and once zuffa called her bluff she relented and said she could make 135 and willing to do so.  but now she has to sit on the sidelines until this rousy fight is over.... instead of using this year suspension to get to 135.

the ufc is not having a 145lb division nor are they having female fights outside of 135lbs so a big fail by tito.

12/6/12 11:40 PM
ABE FROMAN

Tito is absolutely right that it's unsafe for Cyborg to lose 10 pounds when she's such a low body fat percentage......how about dropping the muscle and fighting at a natural weight then, duh?

12/6/12 11:45 PM
FOX Force Five
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham -  Wait so the 'doctor' that told Cyborg she couldn't go to 135 was Tito?????? Phone Post

I think he received his Medical degree at the same time as Dr Dre
12/6/12 11:52 PM
ABE FROMAN

FOX Force Five - 

I think he received his Medical degree at the same time as Dr Dre

You know what is fucking hilarious about this? I'm watching Family Guy and they have character called Dr. Diddy on right now. They asked him 'if you get shot in a rap feud can you perform surgery on yourself'?

LMAO

Your timing is awesome, you must be psychic.

12/6/12 11:55 PM
ChaosOverkill
372 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great just what we need Tito making a fight between two women about him.

12/7/12 9:43 AM
chaplinshouse
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/7/12 9:46 AM
torquemada
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Dr Ortiz told me no do it." Phone Post
12/7/12 10:30 AM
SamboMMA

All Tito and Cyborg have to do is wait for the buyrate for Rousey's main event.
12/7/12 10:47 AM
AnakinHelwani
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hilarious that people are ragging on Tito, one of the biggest earners in the history of the sport.

12/7/12 11:31 AM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 12/07/12 11:31 AM

LOL, you saw it!!!! VOTE UP

12/7/12 2:39 PM
stonepony

7titofan7 -  I think there is a very big difference in telling someone not to fight someone and telling someone not to cut weight. I doubt cyborg is scared to fight rousey or thinks she'll lose, she just doesnt want to cut weight, ive never cut weight and i dont know much about it so i cant comment on how legitimate all this weight crap actually is, dana is just finger pointing to find blame for his own failings. Phone Post

What are you blabbering about? How is it Dana White's failing? Stupid.

"ive never cut weight and i dont know much about it so i cant comment"

Should have just let it go at that.
12/7/12 2:46 PM
easedel

Sick to fucking death hearing about Cyborg.
12/7/12 10:50 PM
Bipolar

AnakinHelwani - 

Hilarious that people are ragging on Tito, one of the biggest earners in the history of the sport.

Really? Why would that be hilarious? What does being a good fighter have to do with being a smart, skilled manager? You've never heard Mr. Ortiz talk, I see. He's, uh...really not very bright. Not very bright at all. Being a good athlete has zero to do with being a successful manager, and it would be quite easy to give a long string of examples as proof. Missing a few links in your logic there.
12/7/12 11:03 PM
GunnarWreckedMyAssHAOLE

can you imagine a conversation between Tito & Cyborg...

holy shit

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.