UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha: Straight up lie that I turned down Rousey

12/6/12 11:07 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Back in March Ronda Rousey submitted Miesha Tate with an armbar to take the Strikeforce 135-pound title:

After taking some time to heal an arm that Rousey described as being ripped like a turkey leg, Tate said she wanted a rematch.

However, Rousey, now the  UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion, will face Liz Carmouche in first title defense.

Tate responded bluntly to reports that she had turned down the title shot, via Twitter.

@FighterSpiritLA
Ronda said in her interview with Ariel that you turned down a rematch with her.

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
Straight up Lie

@CCasiglio
just read Dana said u turned it down.

Miesha Tate ‏@MieshaTate
He's misinformed

Read entire twitter...

US Olympian Sara McMann said she, too, did not turn down the fight.

Sara McMann ‏@Sara_McMann
It is hard to turn down a fight... that was never offered #ForTheRecord

Read entire twitter...

12/6/12 11:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hong Kong Phooey
818 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just got real

12/6/12 11:14 PM
dwhy83
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard she turned it down. Phone Post
12/6/12 11:14 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe her, too.

She's been wanting it since the fight happened, and has been vocal about it the last 2 months.

12/6/12 11:19 PM
dubate
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm siding with Dana on this one. It is probably just another case of a fighter turning down the time frame of the fight. Meisha probably didn't think she would be ready in time for the date that the UFC wanted, so she said no to the fight. While she doesn't see it as turning it down since she is willing to fight her, just not on that specific date. Phone Post
12/6/12 11:36 PM
Ludelow

i like the pink pictures
12/6/12 11:37 PM
Jack Skellington
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Misha would NEVER turn down that rematch

12/6/12 11:42 PM
cheesesteak
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they definitely want Ronda to smash a can impressively for her first UFC fight...It would be tragic for Dana if Liz cracked honda with a haymaker and knocked her out though...Dana would have a stroke and a heart attack at the same time
12/7/12 1:19 AM
BigEyedFish

beautiful
12/7/12 1:23 AM
the geek
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/7/12 1:28 AM
SickEyeDiaz
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ouch! Meisha better remember who she's fuckin with!

12/7/12 1:29 AM
SickEyeDiaz
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gillyoteen - 

ok here is what I have been able to research so far

Sean Shelby (SF matchmaker & UFC matchmaker for 145 & below) asked her back in October if she would like to fight in February. No opponent was mentioned just the date. She said no because at the time she wanted to take some time off. It was also before they had announced the women were coming over to the UFC so she thought it was a SF fight. The UFC took it as she doesn't want to fight in February period, she says she was never asked directly if she would like to fight for the UFC title, nobody followed through

Goddamn she's hot tho!

12/7/12 1:31 AM
OSUkinkledmyBEAVERhole

No reason for Miesha to rush for another 1st rd. submission loss this quickly...
12/7/12 1:45 AM
HandyDarsh
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gillyoteen - 
SickEyeDiaz - 

fake pic, you would have a lot more blood coming through if you actually tried that in real life

fake knife thats all

12/7/12 1:52 AM
dubate
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, no, no. The picture is real and so is the knife. It is the leg that's fake. Ha. Phone Post
12/7/12 1:54 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahaha when Ronda says it, it's a straight up lie
When Dana says it, he's misinformed

Good, good Miesha... You're playing the game Phone Post
12/7/12 1:57 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ -  Hahaha when Ronda says it, it's a straight up lie
When Dana says it, he's misinformed

Good, good Miesha... You're playing the game Phone Post

lol

I can't wait to see Honda tap dat azz again.

12/7/12 3:13 AM
Eyeamthe001
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gillyoteen -

I believe her

Miesha is tough as nails and was calling for a rematch right after getting her arm broken, she is a true fighter

You are misinformed Phone Post
12/7/12 3:21 AM
CindyO

SickEyeDiaz - 

Thought that was Cyborg trying to  make weight:)

Cindy

12/7/12 3:22 AM
Malagant
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remember this Tate?

Following the event, Tate was asked about a possible rematch with current champion Ronda Rousey, the woman who took the belt from her earlier this year. In a very candid and honest answer, Tate responded by saying based on her fight with Kedzie, she’s not deserving nor ready for a second bout with Rousey just yet.

“At this point, I don’t feel that my performance, I mean everyone is saying it was ‘Fight of the Night’ and everything and that’s great and I’m really happy it was an entertaining bout, but I personally am not happy with my performance. I definitely don’t think it was a contention worthy performance,”

“I’m not going to ask for that at that point because I don’t feel that I deserve it. I think that I need to take a couple fights and I need a better performance than that. I think the fans deserve something better and I know that I can deliver better than that.” Phone Post
12/7/12 3:25 AM
Humboldt
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hong Kong Phooey -

Just got real

My brother. Phone Post
12/7/12 3:30 AM
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO -
SickEyeDiaz - 

Thought that was Cyborg trying to  make weight:)

Cindy

Leg looks too feminine. Phone Post
12/7/12 4:01 AM
mmavixen
1110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know the details, but I made a thread about how "Rousey vs. Tate" would have been a much better fight.  Two pretty girls who can fight...it would have been awesome!

12/7/12 7:21 AM
Heroic Rise
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lookin Reem, Smelling Reem, Being Reem - Just like that ass pic ain't her as as well?

Lying whore Phone Post
Ban Phone Post
12/7/12 7:47 AM
SamboSlim187

Nobody cares except fat kids who can't get laid in real life. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.