UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Do you think that Diaz vs GSP is a Superfight?

12/7/12 1:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diaz Shoes
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I sure do.
12/7/12 2:08 AM
SickEyeDiaz
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty much, yes. Even though Nick isn't a ttile holder, his reputation speaks for itself along with selling itself.

12/7/12 2:12 AM
orcus

It's a good fight. How is it a superfight? It's two guys in the same org in the same division, and one guy is going to be a huge underdog.

12/7/12 2:18 AM
GeneraI
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

It's a good fight. How is it a superfight? It's two guys in the same org in the same division, and one guy is going to be a huge underdog.

Truth ^

I'm still looking forward when/if this fight happens but definitely not a super fight. How can you class this as a super fight, when a guy is coming off a lost, IMO. Phone Post
12/7/12 2:23 AM
canuck34
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it is a one sided fight that GSP will win easily. However, I am excited for it because I hate Nick and can't want for GSP to make him look like an amateur. Phone Post
12/7/12 3:13 AM
GelderdEnd

It's a super fight if a super fight means you have 1 good fighter in it....but it doesn't, so no, nowhere near Phone Post
12/7/12 3:29 AM
UK Rampage
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Nick came straight from Strikeforce in a champion vs champion fight against GSP then yes. Otherwise, it's just a better then average title fight. Phone Post
12/7/12 4:04 AM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's a Super easy Fight for GSP.
12/7/12 4:14 AM
sgotwalks
925 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's a Super Duper fight. Love both these guys, and contrary to the belief of many, I do believe Geoges comes out quite scathed. I want this fight........very, exciting. Very, very, very exciting!!

12/7/12 5:06 AM
KZTT_W85
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight yes, super fight no. Phone Post
12/7/12 6:09 AM
Osbot

SickEyeDiaz - 

Pretty much, yes. Even though Nick isn't a ttile holder, his reputation speaks for itself along with selling itself.

Dude, seriously.

As game and gives no fuckyish as Diaz is, his reputation as extremely vulnerable to wrestling based fighters has not been dispelled.

Who is he going to fight? The guy with unequivocally the best MMA wrestling in the game.

Superfight? Not at all. I think it is a complete stylistic mismatch in fact. GSP is too cerebral to be goaded into ritualized slap-for-slap display of machismo that Diaz is actually brilliant at getting guys to do.

The fight you want to see and the fight you need to see for Diaz to have a shot to realistically win is not very likely.

In all likelihood the fight will look very much like Condit/Diaz only with GSP being slightly more effective standing, and taking Diaz down at will a couple of times per round before standing back up.

That would be my prediction for the ultimate outcome based primarily on one fact. Diaz has shown that he doesn't have one shot KO power, but he does have one shot submission power.
12/7/12 6:43 AM
BigFightFan
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Superfight? No. Do i want to see it? Hell yes!
However if it didn't happen then id put Diaz and Hendricks in together and Hendricks would kayo him anyway. Diaz pitter patter boxing style is effective but i think Hendricks is a beast and has too much power. His offensive wrestling may give Diaz a problem too. Although we all know Diaz is great off his back. Phone Post
12/7/12 6:57 AM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh look another Diaz fan thinking Diaz-GSP is a super fight. Who would have guessed
12/7/12 7:21 AM
Leck Brosnar

ManWithTheIronFists - it's a Super easy Fight for GSP.

Lol :)
12/7/12 7:22 AM
Huntsman
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Superfight???

It's an undeserving Diaz title shot that will carry a shit ton of hype, and end in a GSP UD!!! Phone Post
12/7/12 7:24 AM
6ULDV8

It's a super duper fantastically excellent exactly the fight I wanted to see fight!

12/7/12 7:38 AM
Smellde Gluve
568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Diaz's fighting style, persona etc and that'll make for a very interesting road leading up to the fight.

That said, this is not a superfight.

And this will be a very easy fight for GSP. Total domination is my guess.

The crying on this board by Nick's fans after the fight will be unbearable.
12/7/12 7:44 AM
SamboSlim187

No. Superfights aren't for belts. It's a title fight. Phone Post
12/7/12 7:47 AM
flip_guard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canuck34 - I think it is a one sided fight that GSP will win easily. However, I am excited for it because I hate Nick and can't want for GSP to make him look like an amateur. Phone Post
This!!!

But not a superfight, yet looking forward yo see it. Phone Post
12/7/12 7:49 AM
Big Pookie
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a super fight, but definitely better than GSP/Hendricks.

GSP and his management know there's far more money to be made with Diaz than Hendricks and not nearly as much risk as a real super fight with Silva.
12/7/12 7:58 AM
Woodford Mike
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. It's a very interesting fight and one I'm looking forward to, but it doesn't qualify as a superfight.

The only true superfight out there is Silva vs Jones imo. Phone Post
12/7/12 9:00 AM
IrishMMAFanatic

Not at all just another WW title fight Phone Post
12/7/12 9:01 AM
BearsDownAzzUp
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great fight? hell yes.

super fight? no.

remember GSP just beat the guy who beat Diaz. like it or not that how it went down.
12/7/12 9:04 AM
Ebe5

Osbot -
SickEyeDiaz - 

Dude, seriously.

As game and gives no fuckyish as Diaz is, his reputation as extremely vulnerable to wrestling based fighters has not been dispelled.

Who is he going to fight? The guy with unequivocally the best MMA wrestling in the game.

Superfight? Not at all. I think it is a complete stylistic mismatch in fact. GSP is too cerebral to be goaded into ritualized slap-for-slap display of machismo that Diaz is actually brilliant at getting guys to do.

The fight you want to see and the fight you need to see for Diaz to have a shot to realistically win is not very likely.

In all likelihood the fight will look very much like Condit/Diaz only with GSP being slightly more effective standing, and taking Diaz down at will a couple of times per round before standing back up.

That would be my prediction for the ultimate outcome based primarily on one fact. Diaz has shown that he doesn't have one shot KO power, but he does have one shot submission power.
Daley.... Nuff said Phone Post
12/7/12 9:14 AM
Green Vermonster
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks - 

I think it's a Super Duper fight. Love both these guys, and contrary to the belief of many, I do believe Geoges comes out quite scathed. I want this fight........very, exciting. Very, very, very exciting!!

Yep! Been waiting to see this fight for a long time

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.