UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Do you think that Diaz vs GSP is a Superfight?

12/7/12 9:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GeneraI - 
orcus -

It's a good fight. How is it a superfight? It's two guys in the same org in the same division, and one guy is going to be a huge underdog.

Truth ^

I'm still looking forward when/if this fight happens but definitely not a super fight. How can you class this as a super fight, when a guy is coming off a lost, IMO. Phone Post

Super beat down. A completely outclassed opponent who will be jabbed, put on his back and bloodied up for 5 full if the Dr does not stop it first.
12/7/12 12:39 PM
GelderdEnd

Ebe5 -
Osbot -
SickEyeDiaz - 

Pretty much, yes. Even though Nick isn't a ttile holder, his reputation speaks for itself along with selling itself.

Dude, seriously.

As game and gives no fuckyish as Diaz is, his reputation as extremely vulnerable to wrestling based fighters has not been dispelled.

Who is he going to fight? The guy with unequivocally the best MMA wrestling in the game.

Superfight? Not at all. I think it is a complete stylistic mismatch in fact. GSP is too cerebral to be goaded into ritualized slap-for-slap display of machismo that Diaz is actually brilliant at getting guys to do.

The fight you want to see and the fight you need to see for Diaz to have a shot to realistically win is not very likely.

In all likelihood the fight will look very much like Condit/Diaz only with GSP being slightly more effective standing, and taking Diaz down at will a couple of times per round before standing back up.

That would be my prediction for the ultimate outcome based primarily on one fact. Diaz has shown that he doesn't have one shot KO power, but he does have one shot submission power.
Daley.... Nuff said Phone Post
One shot?? I think you need to rewatch the fight homie Phone Post
12/7/12 1:08 PM
KingOfFighters

GelderdEnd - It's a super fight if a super fight means you have 1 good fighter in it....but it doesn't, so no, nowhere near Phone Post
Well have some respect gsp.isnt a fighter but hes a good wrestler. So 1 good fighter vs.a.good wrestler.make a super fight? Phone Post
12/7/12 1:10 PM
Osbot

Ebe5 - 
Osbot -
SickEyeDiaz - 

Pretty much, yes. Even though Nick isn't a ttile holder, his reputation speaks for itself along with selling itself.

Dude, seriously.

As game and gives no fuckyish as Diaz is, his reputation as extremely vulnerable to wrestling based fighters has not been dispelled.

Who is he going to fight? The guy with unequivocally the best MMA wrestling in the game.

Superfight? Not at all. I think it is a complete stylistic mismatch in fact. GSP is too cerebral to be goaded into ritualized slap-for-slap display of machismo that Diaz is actually brilliant at getting guys to do.

The fight you want to see and the fight you need to see for Diaz to have a shot to realistically win is not very likely.

In all likelihood the fight will look very much like Condit/Diaz only with GSP being slightly more effective standing, and taking Diaz down at will a couple of times per round before standing back up.

That would be my prediction for the ultimate outcome based primarily on one fact. Diaz has shown that he doesn't have one shot KO power, but he does have one shot submission power.
Daley.... Nuff said Phone Post

I feel like your definition of one shot slightly differs from mine.

I don't know but for some reason I think your definition is wrong.

12/7/12 1:25 PM
stevekt
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to see this fight more than any in the 170 division but Nick is coming off a loss and suspension. Hendricks is the true #1 contender. Phone Post
12/7/12 1:30 PM
TuLegit

Cant really call it one but yeah its as hyped up as one. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.