UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> **For MMA & BJJ Gym Owners ONLY** (video)

12/7/12 2:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Marcos Avellan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/12 3:07 AM

Visit www.NextRevolutionEvent.com for more info...

This is for SCHOOL OWNERS. If you aren't a school owner, don't take this the wrong way, but I really don't care to hear your opinion on how Lloyd's style of marketing is wack or how Lloyd is a sell out or how I am his puppet, etc. I do care about everyone's opinion (because I care about people) but when it comes to this one matter... I really don't care about your opinion if you aren't a school owner (just with this matter).

Why? Because you have no freaking clue what it is to own your own gym. Most people think owning a gym isn't even a real job! I've heard people say comments like, "I wish I could own a gym like you, instead I have to work a real job and run in the rat race..." and they don't say it as an insult... they genuinely think us school owners live some sort of cake walk fantasy life... that we just show up two or three hours a day to teach our classes, train, and then go home and collect a check.

They don't realize the 60 to 80 hour weeks we put in, obsessing about our gyms ALL day, the sacrifices we make with our families to keep our gyms afloat, the stressed out nights wondering how we are going to pay our gym and home bills, the thoughts of closing our gyms and wondering what we would do if the gym did close down...  and for a lot of us, these sort of feelings and emotions go on for YEARS. It is like waterboarding - you feel like your drowning but you sort of aren't... you are just barely surviving.

That is how I was before I met Master Lloyd Irvin. What has happened since? Freedom. Anything I can imagine, I am able to do. I started out with an 1800 sq ft gym that was just a set of mats, one heavy bag, and some pads... now I have an 12,000 sq ft facility, four full size training rooms, a private lesson room, a full size cage, a full size boxing ring, a full size weight room, two locker rooms with showers, tractor tires outside along with box jumps, hurdles, etc., a 24 hour gym, a website with updated videos every month of our monthly curriculum for our students, and about a thousand students between my two gyms in Miami and Davie.

The coolest thing is that now I am able to do it all... I have a lot of law enforcement and military that train at my gym, with incredible stories about how our style of self defense has saved their lives. I have a few of these testimonials on video, including a cop who disarmed a knife attack. These are my friends that I have helped save their lives with my teaching that I did with my own hands - it is an amazing feeling.

Then on the flip side, I recently made a calendar for my fitness program with about 24 women who have had life altering before & after pics. The calendar was to celebrate their success. However, we have MANY more men and women with these kind of fitness goals.

How about fighting and competition? At the time I am telling you this, since 2001, we have had a fight record of 201-76-3 (72% win rate), have had four grapplers compete in the ADCC (with David Avellan competing four consecutive times and having placed 3rd under 88kg in 2009), have produced a FILA grappling world champion in Jason Soares in 2011, and have had fighters fight on TV for Bellator, Strikeforce, EliteXC, Bodogfight, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), and other shows. We have also had five former and current students appear on five different seasons of "The Ultimate Fighter" on TV!  On top of that, I was able to send our instructors and fighters training around the world - kickboxing in Thailand, boxing in Cuba, and grappling in Brazil!

I have to mention my favorite project, which is my fighter house... I have two homes were I house ten martial artists that get to train full time - no bills to pay. They train twice a day... and as a result, they are absolute monsters...

Why do I bring up all these things?  Is it to brag?

No. I don't need to brag. I'm plenty happy and secure with my accomplishments.

I bring it up because I slow stepped big time on taking the right steps to developing a successful gym... and the main reason was because "I didn't want to be a sell out..."  I was under the impression that the only way you could create a successful gym was to water down your style and "sell out". I'm sharing my story with others that have the same concern to show that isn't the case.

My gym is more hardcore, produces higher quality martial artists, and helps MORE people than ever before.

WHY......... MASTER LLOYD IRVIN. The man showed me the path and gave me the FREEDOM to make my dreams possible.

I got two videos for you to watch... my testimonial, which tells my story, shows my original gym, gives a tour of my gym today, and shows my first house versus where I live today: http://www.youtube.com/embed/tDsy_23M5MI

The second video is a video commercial of my gym today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlFOXuJS0M

Guys, this isn't a joke - this is real life. I was broke as hell ($20k in debt), super depressed, living out of my mom's house, and had no back-up plan (never finished college). I went from having that situation, opening my gym as a 21 year old white belt with ZERO business experience or money, from having a hole-in-the-wall gym... to now having a super facility, dream team staff (I have 30 staff members), and an incredible team of students that are my family. Now if I think of something, like, "It would be cool to have monkey bars go across the entire gym in all the training rooms..." boom... one week later it is done... (just happened). With my personal life, I went from living in my parents home and driving my mom's car to work... to owning multiple properties, zero debt, and owning my dream home.

Why don't you take the plunge and start learning the blueprint that I learned from to do this.  99% of us aren't competing against each other, we are spread out all across the country.  Come to Master Lloyd's event on January 3rd in Orlando, FL and get a peek at what we are doing.  If you are a struggling gym owner - then this one event will forever change the lives of you, your family, and your students.

And to the haters and non-gym owners, I don't expect you to understand. I genuinely don't take offense because you haven't been in my shoes and don't understand what it is like.

When you come to the event, please introduce yourself to me. And if you were at a previous Lloyd Irvin event or have gotten any of Master Lloyd's materials (emails, webinars, etc.) and enjoyed it, please post on here and give a chance for other gym owners to realize the opportunity that is being presented. In the meantime, below I will post about 50 testimonials from our August event.

Ok, hope my message can save at least ONE school owner from suffering another year of desperation  Get the tools guys. The January Orlando event.  I'm going to be there with a bunch of my staff. Visit www.NextRevolutionEvent.com for more info.

12/7/12 2:56 AM
Prepare2Die

Edited: 12/07/12 3:15 AM
You need to listen to this guy people. I didn't believe the hype till I saw it first hand. Marcos and Lloyd throw a quality event. Phone Post
Marcos Avellan

My gym commercial.

Marcos Avellan

If you REALLY want to know what people think about the event... here are FIFTY THREE TESTIMONIALS from our August Event...

For anybody reading this that is seriously considering attending a Lloyd Irvin event, I recommend listening to these fifty three people.  We had a camera crew hitting EVERYBODY up... we obviously missed a chunk of people but if you really wanted to know what people that went to the event thought, this is a good sized portion of the people that went to our August event.

BJJ Black Belt and Ultimate Fighter Veteran Brian McLaughlin

BJJ Black Belt and UFC Veteran Alberto Crane

BJJ Black Belt and World Champion UFC Coach Adam Singer

BJJ Black Belt and UFC Fighter "Crazy" Tim Credeur

BJJ Black Belt World Champion Rafael Lovato, Jr.

BJJ Black Belt and UFC Fighter Rory Singer

Renzo Gracie Black Belt Shawn Williams

BJJ Black Belt Paulo Guillobel

BJJ Black Belt Steve Whittier

BJJ Black Belt Travis Tooke

BJJ Black Belt Sean Flannery (Star of the Movie "Boondock Saints"

BJJ Black Belt Pedro Soriano

I'm posting more in the next post, I hit the max characters

12/7/12 2:57 AM
Marcos Avellan

UFC BJJ Black Belt and World Champion Coach Greg Nelson

BJJ Black Belt Johnny Ramirez

Melissa Peligrino - wife of BJJ Black Belt and UFC Fighter Kurt Pelligrino

My apologies for the rest, but there are too many testimonials, I'm just going to cut and paste without putting their names and titles, you can click on them to see everything. These are all accomplished martial artists, coaches, and gym owners. Later I'll put their names and titles in, right now I'm in a rush to get ready for Jason's fight:

More coming next post...

12/7/12 2:58 AM
Marcos Avellan

12/7/12 2:59 AM
Marcos Avellan

12/7/12 3:01 AM
Marcos Avellan

These are all from the SAME event...

12/7/12 3:01 AM
Marcos Avellan

Thanks guys and I hope to meet many of you at the event next month, please visit the website at www.NextRevolutionEvent.com

12/7/12 1:01 PM
DavidAvellan

Hate Wrestlers? Use the Kimura Trap, Click Here To Watch!

TTT, this is the real deal ladies and gentlemen.

12/8/12 11:04 PM
Prepare2Die

TTT.
12/15/12 7:46 PM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
12/15/12 9:11 PM
Joe Lauzon
695 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twitter, Director of Awesome

already booked. I am in. 

12/15/12 9:29 PM
Bryan72
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See you in January, Master Marcos Phone Post
12/16/12 2:28 PM
devilishstoner
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks.
12/16/12 11:34 PM
Shotta
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
12/18/12 1:25 PM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are all these people actually millionaires? I used to train with #28, whom btw is an excellent black belt. But seriously, millionaires from teaching bjj/mma??? The dude isn't some big name coach or anything...I just can't see it being possible. But if it is, that's fucking awesome! That would be my dream life.
12/18/12 3:34 PM
Marcos Avellan

**What is Black Belt Psychology?**, Click Here To Watch!

Hey cheesesteak, those are testimonials from people that attended the MMA Millionaires event - not necessarily millionaires themselves.  Right now the confirmed gyms we have that are make over $1 million gross with their schools are Lloyd Irvin (obviously), Nakapan Phungephorn, Brad Daddis, and myself.  This year I predict, based on the numbers, that we will have four more guys join the ranks of "million dollar gym".

12/19/12 2:59 AM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcos that's great, but those guys in the million dollar club are all fairly big names, including yourself...Do you think it is possible for all the random bjj black belts without the BIG name?

Sorry bro, i'm not trying to cause problems, just genuinely curious.
12/20/12 7:14 PM
Marcos Avellan

**What is Black Belt Psychology?**, Click Here To Watch!

Of course!  I'm flattered that you consider me a big name, but nobody that comes into the gym knows of me until they see my website and other marketing materials.  Unless you are on TV, nobody knows you.

The people on the forums make up a tiny percentage of the people that will actually show up to your gym.

Go ask your cousin if he knows who Marcelo Garcia is... and that is the most popular sport grappler in the world.

The systems work and this year I'm confident one of the guys that is about to make the million dollar club isn't even a black belt - he is a non-competition brown belt with zero MMA fight experience.

12/20/12 10:15 PM
cheesesteak

I've been following bjj and sub-grappling tournies since the mid 90's and You, Nak and Lloyd are kind of legendary to American grappling in my eyes. But I see your point, out of this little mma and bjj forum bubble recognition would be scarce. Very good point. Well anyhow, I hope this program works out well for all involved and you all prosper!
12/22/12 11:59 AM
Ray Elbe
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Lauzon -

already booked. I am in. 

I'm flying from Asia just for the event.

Last one I attended was a game changer Phone Post
12/23/12 3:22 PM
rosario00

Not a gym owner and don't care to be one but Marcos wrote a nice little promotional piece, I'll check it out when I get a chance Phone Post
12/24/12 1:36 AM
ausgepicht

TiTTy! Phone Post
12/24/12 5:35 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed for the Sean Patrick Flannery and Greg Nelson vids Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.