UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White expects Silva will still fight GSP & Jones

12/7/12 3:23 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In fact, White said he still believes Silva will face both St-Pierre and UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC).

"The beauty is the greatest fighter in the world weighs 185 pounds, and he falls in between No. 2 and No. 3 best pound-for-pound in the world," White told a small group of reporters following Thursday's pre-UFC on FOX 5 press conference in Seattle. "He could fight either one of them.

"I think he'll fight them both before his career is over."

read entire article...

12/7/12 3:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's the best eva! He's the best eva!
12/7/12 11:11 AM
kevsh
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I think he'll fight them both before his career is over."

I'd love if someone with absolute no life and nothing better to do found every quote Dana's made about GSP vs. Silva. It's long past the point of funny or even mildly amusing, it's borderline pathological the flip-flopping he's done.
12/7/12 11:13 AM
disbeliever
529 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
If he fought Jones and GSP, and won, he would forever be the GOAT imo
12/7/12 11:22 AM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/12 11:22 AM

WTF can argue Disbeliver? A rematch with Hendo at 205 would be nice though. Hendo promised that fight long ago.
12/7/12 12:17 PM
chawkins
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

disbeliever - If he fought Jones and GSP, and won, he would forever be the GOAT imo

Agreed, although I'd say the same thing if he only beat GSP.

I don't think Jones is established enough for Silva to *need* to beat him to prove GOAT-ness. But if he did it would certainly be an extra point in his favor.
12/7/12 12:19 PM
Lazer MMA

chawkins - 
disbeliever - If he fought Jones and GSP, and won, he would forever be the GOAT imo

I don't think Jones is established enough for Silva to *need* to beat him to prove GOAT-ness. But if he did it would certainly be an extra point in his favor.

Disagree, the bigger and not the smaller. A LHW, not a WW. The reverse is 100 percent true and JBJ is as legit as them come.
12/7/12 1:37 PM
XcessiveZ

chawkins -

Jones has beaten bonnar,bader,shogun,rampage,machida,Evans, and Belfort, and he finished 5/6 of them.He is definitely established and is widely considered the #2/3 P4P fighter in MMA. Phone Post
12/7/12 1:37 PM
KingOfFighters

bornop -
Lazer MMA -
chawkins - 

Disagree, the bigger and not the smaller. A LHW, not a WW. The reverse is 100 percent true and JBJ is as legit as them come.
GSP presents more of a challenge to Silva. Jones takes unecessary risks and they will be exploited. A safe fighter is Silva's worst matchup. Phone Post
This, silva would fuck jones up bad, or submit him with.ease, gsp could possibly wrestlefuck andy fot 5 rounds Phone Post
12/7/12 2:09 PM
disbeliever
529 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is #2 on most P4P lists, but some people make reasons GSP should be over Silva. Taking him out removes any doubt as to where each one belongs.

And Jones is billed as "the future" and has murdered the top fighters in the LHW division and is already being discussed (however prematurely) in the top P4P lists. If Silva took out this young "future" star of MMA, AND GSP there would be absolutely no discussion as to Silva being #1

imo anyway
12/7/12 2:16 PM
Gooner H Smith

ManWithTheIronFists - He's the best eva! He's the best eva!

What you did there. I see it.

12/7/12 2:23 PM
6ULDV8
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, legacy fights and we get to see the fights we always wanted to see and everyone makes money.  Awesome.

Great, big, huge motherfucking props to GSP for pushing for the Diaz fight.  I want to see GSP/Diaz more than I want to see any other fight in the world right now, and if this can really happen, I will know I was right for worshipping MMA for so long.

I did it because it's the most best and perfect sport in all of the world and that it makes everything wonderful.

If Nick Diaz/GSP actually happens, I promise a kidney to anyone that needs it if I can spare it.

I am not joking.  As long as it won't kill me and will help save a life, I will give it up.  One kidney from me at your service if this fight goes through.

I promise.  For real.

12/7/12 2:25 PM
Lazer MMA

disbeliever - GSP is #2 on most P4P lists, but some people make reasons GSP should be over Silva. Taking him out removes any doubt as to where each one belongs.

And Jones is billed as "the future" and has murdered the top fighters in the LHW division and is already being discussed (however prematurely) in the top P4P lists. If Silva took out this young "future" star of MMA, AND GSP there would be absolutely no discussion as to Silva being #1

imo anyway

He needs Jones. GSP & no Jones = not much but a beat up smaller WW.
12/7/12 2:27 PM
disbeliever

Lazer MMA - 
disbeliever - GSP is #2 on most P4P lists, but some people make reasons GSP should be over Silva. Taking him out removes any doubt as to where each one belongs.

imo anyway

He needs Jones. GSP & no Jones = not much but a beat up smaller WW.

I disagree with this

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.