UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Feesh

12/7/12 8:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mr Sizzzz
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm trying to add Fish to my diet and didn't eat it at all growing up. Anyone have any easy recipes they can share?
12/13/12 8:27 PM
thesonsofmontana
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was in the same boat and started out making fish dishes that were encrusted with my favorite things like pistachios and coconut. That way it would change the texture and give a flavor profile that was closer to what I was used to. Oh, and I started out eating 'mild' fish that weren't heavy on the stink. Good luck. Phone Post
12/13/12 10:55 PM
Mr Sizzzz
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks sounds like a good idea Phone Post
12/14/12 1:03 PM
dizz
611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marinate some salmon in a little bit of soy sauce and orange juice, then grill

12/14/12 11:14 PM
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make a pico de gallo (diced tomato, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, s&p, splash extra virgin olive oil). Put that on top of any type of fish and bake in oven. if you prefer spicy add finely chopped chilli peppers of your choice to you pico de gallo.

It goes well with any type of fish be it mild (tilapia) or more fishy (salmon). Enjoy. Phone Post
12/15/12 11:10 AM
Ham and Egger
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need this badly as well. I just never ate much fish at home growing up so its not something im used to working with. For now I use a premixed seafood seasoning which is ok but getting old.
12/15/12 1:28 PM
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Being born to portuguese parents I was brought up eating fish at least 4 times per week. I believe that the way to prepare fish really depends on the fish you select. Bold fish like salmon and trout can hold up to bold flavours whereas mild and more delicate fish like tilapia can easily be overpowered by bold flavours.

Consider squeezing a lemon wedge over cooked tilapia that has been lightly dusted with fresh cracked pepper and fresh chopped cilantro or parsely.

Or bake salmon topped with minced garlic and chopped onion, fresh dill, a splash of balsamic vinegar, and some white wine.

If you like asian flavours try making a glaze with soy, sriracha, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and some honey or maple syrup. Add the above ingerdients into a sauce pan a heat until syrupy. Brush on to salmon while grilling.

Just a couple ideas. Let me know if you like or want more ideas. I got tons. Phone Post
12/15/12 10:23 PM
Mr Sizzzz

All great ideas. The apartment im living in only has a toaster oven so any baked fish recipes would be great. Phone Post
1/1/13 9:56 PM
grandchampion
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

raw fish is the best...

Ahi (yellow fin tuna)

Ono (wahoo)

MahiMahi (dorado or dolphin fish)

Hebi (Pacific Spearfish)

Au (Marlin)

slice and serve...
1/2/13 1:31 PM
Badmonkey
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fry a piece of salmon in a pan of coconut oil.

First make small cuts into the non-skin side of the filet and put a little olive oil and salt into each, then lay the skin side down into the pan... when the color change of the cooked fish makes it half way up the filet flip it over to cook on the skinless side for 1 minute.

YUM!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.