UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Was 2012 craziest year ever for injuries?

12/7/12 12:12 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

It is a given that everyone fights hurt. But sometimes hurt edges into injury, and the fighter is pulled.

The line between the two can be a fine one; the decision is made by a network of Las Vegas MDs.

"The doctor will tell us: This guy's OK to fight," said White. "Yes, he has this whatever-it-is, but it can't stop him from fighting."

"They've seen everything. You go, you talk to your doctor, you know what it is. Then you fly to Las Vegas and see our doctors, and our doctors check you out. It's not fake injuries. You think somebody's going to blow an ACL so they don't have to fight somebody?"

It happens a lot.

Some people bame now year-old the UFC accident insurance policy. Others point to fear of being cut for a less than the best performance.

UFC President Dana White blames the spate of injuries in 2011-2012 on bad feakin' luck.

Saturday's UFC on FOX 5 card saw all the main card big names maintain, but UFC 155 scheduled for Dec 29 is another matter. Gray Maynard, Chris Weidman, and Forrest Griffin have been forced off the card due to injuries, and we are not in the final week.

White, though, believes it's just sheer bad luck. On Thursday he expressed relief that none of the main draws of UFC on FOX 5, which takes place Saturday at Seattle's KeyArena, had scratched due to an injury.

"I'm hoping on this Dec. 29 fight, that's the end of this s---," said White. "We've got some voodoo spell on us or something."

"I hope it's over on Jan. 1. That was just something we'll be talking about years from now, how 2012 was the craziest year ever."

Read entire article...

12/7/12 12:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheCrow13
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worst year of MMA since i started watching. Injuries plagued the sport. Cant wait for 2013, bellator on spike, TUF moving nights.
12/7/12 1:32 PM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/12 1:33 PM
I heard Fedor went to an old Gypsy Witch and had a spell put on White and the UFC for killing Pride.
12/7/12 1:45 PM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheCrow13 - Worst year of MMA since i started watching. Injuries plagued the sport. Cant wait for 2013, bellator on spike, TUF moving nights.

Worst year of MMA for me too since I have been watching live. I have a bad feeling this injury problem will continue. UFC needs to stack cards more.
12/7/12 2:07 PM
Malagant
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm thinking another year or two of these injuries before people learn how to train right. Not over doing it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.