UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Dark Knight Trilogy on Bluray

12/7/12 1:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JudOWNED
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/12 1:54 PM

So, I picked this up this week at Walmart. Under $30 with tax included! Comes with the 3 movies on Bluray, 2 special features disks and a 64 page art booklet, as well as digital copies through flixter. Very good deal! I had the previous 2 movies, but only on DVD. So, I am pretty stoked. So far I have rewatched Rises, and am working my way through the special features.

Rises holds up pretty well on the second watch. Biggest and most glaring plot hole for me, really is how Bane kept the cops alive and well fed. The fact that they try and explain it in the movie ("The police will remain alive, that they might learn true justice" or whatever) only made it all the more glaring, imo. As if even Nolan realized it didn't make any sense and so decided they better at least say something about it.

Otherwise, I still love the movie. Love the action. Love Bane. Lave Hathaway as Catwoman. One thing that also stood out to me the second time is how many similarities there are to Dark Knight Returns. Seemed a lot more reminiscent of that graphic novel than I remember from seeing it in the theater.

The trilogy stands alone pretty well as is. But I am excited to see what they might do with it in the future, either continued, or as part of JLA.
12/7/12 2:35 PM
Stickgrappler
1424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool! may add that to my letter to Santa!

12/7/12 2:41 PM
GrendelX
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought this version also. My only pet peeve was that bruce got his back fixed in a prison cell with some rope? I dont think so.
12/7/12 4:27 PM
Big Pun
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Rises holds up pretty well on the second watch. Biggest and most glaring plot hole for me, really is how Bane kept the cops alive and well fed. The fact that they try and explain it in the movie ("The police will remain alive, that they might learn true justice" or whatever) only made it all the more glaring, imo. As if even Nolan realized it didn't make any sense and so decided they better at least say something about it."

It shows them hoisting down food supplies to the cops
12/7/12 5:13 PM
JudOWNED
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, but I mean it is a glaring plot hole that he kept them alive. I'm not saying they didn't explain it, or show how they did it. I'm saying it made no sense that Bane would do that, and they only shoe-horned it into the plot so that they could have a relatively healthy army of cops to use later in the film.
12/8/12 2:34 PM
JudOWNED

GrendelX - 

I bought this version also. My only pet peeve was that bruce got his back fixed in a prison cell with some rope? I dont think so.

Not just rope! He also had his bulging disc... uh... punched back into place by, uh... some guy with no medical training. Uh, I guess. Yeah.
12/10/12 1:11 PM
jujitsujamo
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets not forget the knee brace thing. Phone Post
12/10/12 2:48 PM
BigWilliam
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The guy punching his spine had homeopathic skills yo. And there was a doctor supervising.

Bane's plan to keep Gotham alive only to blow it didn't make a ton of sense overall. Why not just quietly set the bomb and ignite it when you are clear of the city?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.