UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Rousey would fight a guy to get into UFC

12/7/12 1:57 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC president Dana White admits his stance on women’s MMA hadn’t changed much over the last few years until the arrival of Ronda Rousey in Strikeforce.

The way Rousey destroyed the competition and then launched a verbal attack on anyone standing in her way appealed to White, and he knew he had a legitimate star on his hands.

Rousey has since signed and eight-fight contract with the UFC.

“The reason we have women’s MMA now is because of her," said White on Thursday. "If you’re thinking it’s because she’s attractive, and this and that, and that’s all great, but you hear the way this girl talks? She is a Diaz brother inside."

“None of them have what this one has, she’s nasty, she’s mean. She would actually fight a guy if that was the case, if that was what it takes to get into the UFC, she’d do it.”

“One thing we all know, anything can happen in there. I don’t predict who is going to win and lose anymore."

“This could last for years; this could last a year."

Read entire article...

Ronda Rousey’s defends her women's Bantamweight World Championship at UFC 157 vs. Liz Carmouche on Feb. 23 in Anaheim.

12/7/12 1:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SamboSlim187
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Make it happen. Phone Post
12/7/12 2:19 PM
SOO72

Goderson Silva - Cyborg?

Who else?
12/7/12 2:29 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sure when Ronda's not on top anymore they will cancel the women's division.
12/7/12 2:30 PM
stonepony

I was generally with Matt Hughes on WMMA, until RR. She's just too fascinating.
12/7/12 2:34 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
884 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

instead Blap just got too fool around with her, right Blap?

12/7/12 2:41 PM
iamarealamerican
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

id like to see that actually, it would be entertaining
12/7/12 2:44 PM
aolo

iamarealamerican - id like to see that actually, it would be entertaining

What? watching someone getting killed in the octagon?
12/7/12 2:45 PM
El Gappo
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But she's got a title fight against Faber already?
12/7/12 2:47 PM
iamarealamerican
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aolo - 
iamarealamerican - id like to see that actually, it would be entertaining

What? watching someone getting killed in the octagon?

can you imagine if she somehow pulled off the armbar while being pummelled, that would crush every guys ego watching and it would make me lol
12/7/12 2:52 PM
yellow wrkahlc
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Urijah would most likely knock her head off, but still somehow manage to not win the belt. Phone Post
12/7/12 2:55 PM
XFactah416
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can tell Dana loves the Diaz brothers and Ronda is Dana's dream: Diaz Chael Sonnen rolled into one. Mean, nasty, entertaining and also very articulate. Phone Post
12/7/12 3:20 PM
HandyDarsh
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists - Pretty sure when Ronda's not on top anymore they will cancel the women's division.
Hence claimin everyone turned down the fight with her when most likely they hand picked her opponent.
After ronda armbars her next opponent, Dana will say he hasn't talked to cyborg about the fight yet. Phone Post
12/7/12 3:21 PM
HandyDarsh
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc - Urijah would most likely knock her head off, but still somehow manage to not win the belt. Phone Post
He would break a rib warming up and lose a decision. Phone Post
12/7/12 3:21 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cody McKenzie vs Ronda
12/7/12 3:36 PM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually I think it's reversed: Dana would fight a guy to get Rousey into the UFC.
12/7/12 3:37 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ RR beating a male ufc fighter....
Well, Cody McKenzie....nah....well? Phone Post
12/7/12 3:38 PM
mijo

The UFC is notorious for giving people second chances. Cyborg should be no different.
12/7/12 3:39 PM
Bloodstorm

Diaz was already inside her Phone Post
12/7/12 3:41 PM
Carmack
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well she did fuck a guy to get WMMA into the UFC..
12/7/12 3:46 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 12/07/12 3:56 PM
ManWithTheIronFists - Pretty sure when Ronda's not on top anymore they will cancel the women's division.

yeah, it doesnt sound nor look good.  after years of developing female mma on showtime the best fight they can put on for it's debut in the UFC comes with a -1500 line on Ronda..

and look at all these drama queens like cyborg, mcmann and tate whining.

We watch and are into MMA to get away from all the nagging.

12/7/12 3:57 PM
JOESONDO
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh - Actually I think it's reversed: Dana would fight a guy to get Rousey into the UFC.

Dana would fight the UFC to get into Rousey?
12/7/12 4:25 PM
buckshot44
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's interesting, I'm curious to see how this whole womans division in the UFC unfolds. Personally, I still don't think there's a deep enough talent pool to keep it going. But I hope I'm proven wrong.
12/7/12 4:49 PM
Double12

Anyone who really believes that a female has any sort of chance against a male professional fighter is suffering from an unhealthy and female dominated delusional upbringing. In fact, a non combat male professional athlete from any physically demanding sport would murder Rousey in the cage.

The reality is that as important as technique is, it is not enough when the pure strength and testosterone fueled aggression differential is what it is between a man and a woman.

There would be no armbars, no triangles, just bloody savage donky kong hammerfist murder.
12/7/12 4:58 PM
ufc98newb
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this shit is starting to annoy me. I shall stream ufc 157 in protest. unless I hear that hendo or machida are getting a cut of ppv.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.