UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lauzon, Miller pass out of competition test

12/7/12 3:07 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Lightweights Jim Miller and Joe Lauzon were subject to out-of-competition drug testing in advance of UFC 155, the Nevada State Athletic Commission recently informed MMAjunkie.co.

Both fighters passed tests for steroids and diuretics, NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer said.

Miller and Lauzon meet on the main card of the pay-per-view event, which takes place Dec. 29 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Read entire article...

12/7/12 3:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CaptainWoody
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not shocking in the least bit
12/7/12 3:12 PM
Harmon Whistler
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do they test for recreational drugs?

12/7/12 3:14 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprising. Especially Joe the guy doesn't smoke weed and isn't exactly Overeem'd up. Any news of this fight being bumped up to co-main?
12/7/12 3:16 PM
Kirik
1678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Harmon Whistler - 

If they test Joe they might find a Skittle he took before camp started or something, but that is about it. Guy is so clean you could manufacture computer chips in him.

Miller probably the same, he is just not from around here, so I wouldn't know one way or the other.

12/7/12 3:18 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only thing Joe would test positive for is video games Phone Post
12/7/12 3:20 PM
CaptainWoody
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MexiCain AmeriCain -  Only thing Joe would test positive for is video games Phone Post

And BJ Penn's nuts

J/K Joe, always been one of my favorites (BJ too)
12/7/12 3:21 PM
Harmon Whistler
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
Harmon Whistler - 

If they test Joe they might find a Skittle he took before camp started or something, but that is about it. Guy is so clean you could manufacture computer chips in him.

Miller probably the same, he is just not from around here, so I wouldn't know one way or the other.

I wasn't insinuating anything, just wondering because the report singles out steroids and diuretics, but omits recreational drugs.

12/7/12 5:07 PM
Brian Littlefield
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Testing two of the cleanest, classiest guys of the entire sport randomly seems like a good idea. Said no one ever.

12/7/12 5:21 PM
MattyECB
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL wish the blog title was pass out-of-competition testing...

Feel like an idiot, thought it was saying he passed out during the competition testing lol
12/7/12 5:46 PM
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyECB - LOL wish the blog title was pass out-of-competition testing...

Feel like an idiot, thought it was saying he passed out during the competition testing lol

you're not the only one. That said, whoop dee fuckin doo NSAC. Testing two of the few fighters that NO ONE EVER assumed would have EVER used anything considered a PED is....well I'm not against it but announcing it like its some big shocker is silly. Did they test anyone else or just the two most squeaky clean fighters on the UFC roster?
12/7/12 6:16 PM
Attila
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Both fighters passed tests for steroids and diuretics"

Whatever, what about weed? We can't have professional fighters smoking the devil's herb.
12/7/12 6:19 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Kings21 - 

you're not the only one. That said, whoop dee fuckin doo NSAC. Testing two of the few fighters that NO ONE EVER assumed would have EVER used anything considered a PED is....well I'm not against it but announcing it like its some big shocker is silly. Did they test anyone else or just the two most squeaky clean fighters on the UFC roster?

Random testing is... random. If they were only testing guys who look like body builders, that won't be very random now would it?
12/7/12 6:20 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Harmon Whistler - 

Don't know for a fact but I imagine NSAC tests for all the banned substances, whether it's after the fight or before.
12/7/12 6:22 PM
UGCTT croy_00
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HolyAvengerP5 - 
CaptainWoody - Not shocking in the least bit

but but but 98% of pro fighters are on peds

Joe will be getting high. High on life after he taps Miller with a Peruvian necktie at 2:14 of round 2 after the most exciting first round in MMA history.
12/7/12 7:08 PM
Joe Lauzon
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Twitter, Director of Awesome
I think the test would have caught recreational stuff too. Luckily, ice cream is still allowed. Phone Post
12/7/12 8:04 PM
Kings21

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - 
Kings21 - 

Random testing is... random. If they were only testing guys who look like body builders, that won't be very random now would it?

My point is they should be random testing everyone or at least more than two guys, not just picking a couple guys here and there.
12/7/12 8:48 PM
Toby Lerone
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - 
Kings21 - 

My point is they should be random testing everyone or at least more than two guys, not just picking a couple guys here and there.

Picking a couple of guys here and there is sort of the definition of random.

12/8/12 1:57 AM
Kings21

Toby Lerone - 
Kings21 - 
Kings21 - 

part of it being random is the timing. you can choose more than two guys out of 20 and still keep it random. only choosing two gives the other 18 a really good chance of not being chosen to test.

12/8/12 2:00 AM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CaptainWoody -
MexiCain AmeriCain -  Only thing Joe would test positive for is video games Phone Post

And BJ Penn's nuts

J/K Joe, always been one of my favorites (BJ too)
I will make sure to wash out my system with haterade if I ever enter competition. I didn't know they tested for that... Phone Post
12/8/12 2:21 AM
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Lauzon -  I think the test would have caught recreational stuff too. Luckily, ice cream is still allowed. Phone Post

Be careful with Ben an Jerry's Chunky Monkey bro. I heard it will make you test positive for heroin. Kinda like poppy seed muffins.
12/8/12 2:25 AM
SmackyBear
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - 
Toby Lerone - 
Kings21 - 
Kings21 - 

part of it being random is the timing. you can choose more than two guys out of 20 and still keep it random. only choosing two gives the other 18 a really good chance of not being chosen to test.

Ideally, they would. But from what I remember hearing in interviews, the NSAC's budget sucks.

Their entire annual budget is something like $700,000. Their out of competition testing budget is a sliver of that. They actually didn't do any one year, since the legislature didn't budget it.

WADA gets $100k to test for one of Mayweather's fights. VADA charges $5k-10k for each participant in an eight week program. The NSAC just can't afford to test very many people. It sucks, but I don't know any other state that do any random out of competition tests at all. So at least it's something.
12/8/12 5:26 AM
TheBeebs
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced -
Kings21 - 

Please take your logic elsewhere kind sir. Phone Post
12/8/12 6:11 AM
The_Spider
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same here.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.