UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha and McMann need to simmer down

12/7/12 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

before they get all uppity and start calling blaf a liar...

they barely get their pinky toe in the door and they start crying like entitled brats...

i have  been a big prioponent of women's mma in the ufc for a long time, but for now, you should feel fortunate just to have the opportunity girls...

Here is what meisha said about fighting ronda again:

Miesha Tate wants nothing more than to become the Strikeforce bantamweight champion once again. And, if she could do it over current champion Ronda Rousey, that would be perfect.

Tate rebounded from her loss to Rousey by submitting Julie Kedzie Saturday night at Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman from San Diego. Despite the win, "Cupcake" does not believe she is ready to step back inside the cage with Rousey.

"I am not happy with my performance," Tate said. "I definitely don't think it was a contention-worthy performance. I'm not going to ask for (a title shot) because I don't feel that I deserve it."

Tate was nearly finished by Kedzie in the early stages of the bout, but battled back. In the third, Tate was able to lock in an armbar, forcing the veteran fighter to tap. The hold was the same one Rousey used to defeat Tate for the title.

Heres what McMann said about fighting ronda:

UFC-Bound Sara McMann Not Ready for Ronda Rousey Yet

By

(Featured Columnist) on November 29, 2012

825 reads

9 Icon_comment

Pictured: McMann (blue leotard)
Jed Jacobsohn/Getty Images

It seems like fate that Ronda Rousey and Sara McMann will eventually fight each other.

However, McMann doesn't want it to be her first fight in the UFC and acknowledges that the match wouldn't be right without the proper build.

Although the multi-time wrestling medalist is only six fights into her MMA career, she's defeated worthy competition like top-ranked Shayna Baszler and experienced Japanese veteran Hitomi Akano.

However, during an interview with AXS TV's Inside MMA (via MMA Mania), McMann recognized that it may be best to first raise her own profile a bit higher:

I think that they planned on having things follow the same route that we were gonna follow with Strikeforce. But, from what I understand, there needs to be a proper build-up to a fight like that. People don't really know me that well. They know her. So, it just doesn't make sense, really, to have it without a strong following for me, too.

Unlike Rousey, McMann never had a chance to fight in Strikeforce. She came into the promotion for the Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir card before the company had its final two 2012 events completely shut down.

Nonetheless, she'll be heading to the UFC once her contract is settled.

From a matchmaking standpoint, Rousey vs. McMann should seem like an attractive prospect, especially if both opponents remain undefeated during their initial UFC runs.

In a nutshell, they're mirror images of each other.

Both women are multi-medalists who have gone unbeaten in MMA with specialized skills in grappling. McMann hit her career highlight with the 2004 Athens Games' silver medal for freestyle wrestling, while Rousey later won the 2008 Bejing Games' bronze medal for the United States in women's judo.

12/7/12 3:19 PM

Kingfanpaul - 

I hate to say it, but I agree with you.  Especially with Miesha, I mean its only been one fight since Ronda demolished her arm and she is already upset about not getting a shot???

u love to say it

12/7/12 3:25 PM
32Hunter

Nag, nag, nag Dana's gonna regret creating this division. Phone Post
12/7/12 3:29 PM

32Hunter -  Nag, nag, nag Dana's gonna regret creating this division. Phone Post

lol

12/7/12 3:31 PM
iamarealamerican
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wanna see miesha tate photoshoots posted on ufc.com or video of behind the scenes on their utube pronto
12/7/12 3:32 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orcus Knows MMA Better Than Goku -
32Hunter -  Nag, nag, nag Dana's gonna regret creating this division. Phone Post

lol

. Phone Post
12/7/12 3:59 PM
MMALOGIC

this is just the beggining of the nagging.  our sport has been corrupted with vaginas.

12/7/12 5:39 PM

Ryann Von Doom -  Moronic thread. They were made out to be cowards and are defending their rep. Had it been a male fighter in the same situation you'd be on your knees gobbling his cock. Phone Post

stop interjecting your fantasies into my thread...

the words "meisha" and "sarah" never came from danas lips...lol@defending their honor

12/8/12 12:39 PM
SilentSamurai8

Kingfanpaul -

I hate to say it, but I agree with you.  Especially with Miesha, I mean its only been one fight since Ronda demolished her arm and she is already upset about not getting a shot???

I don't think it's so much that she is "angry" she didn't get the title shot, but more so that she feels Dana may have put words in her mouth. I think she doesn't want it to come across that SHE turned down the fight. The same seems to be true with Sarah...although she voiced at one time that she would prefer a few more fights before going for the title, Im sure she may act different if DIRECTLY offered a title shot.

We also need to take into account DWs angle. This is a "viable" opponent, yet leaves the door open to Sarah M. Next and Misha again down the line (sell it as a NEW revamp version) or even a super fight with Cris Cyborg if RR goes through everyone.

Again, he needs to promote his product WHILE giving reasoning for his decisions. So I'm not sure I believe both girls "turned down" a DIRECT offer for the fight. THAT in this case seems to be the main problem for them. Phone Post
12/8/12 12:43 PM
SilentSamurai8

MMALOGIC -

this is just the beggining of the nagging.  our sport has been corrupted with vaginas.

But Tito has been around for years. ;)

"Nag, nag, nag. Bitch, birch, bitch. Excuse, MONEY, excuse."
^ direct quote. Phone Post
12/8/12 12:45 PM
pegson123

I swear i saw on inside mma sara mcmann say she didnt want rousey next for watever reason. and miesha has been saying she is not fighting for a year.
12/8/12 2:18 PM
mikerobmma
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HolyAvengerP5 -
Ryann Von Doom -  Moronic thread. They were made out to be cowards and are defending their rep. Had it been a male fighter in the same situation you'd be on your knees gobbling his cock. Phone Post

we all don't have the same reactions that you do. not that there is anything wrong with your lifestyle
Lol, awesome Phone Post
12/10/12 9:33 PM

Well well well Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.