UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> rorion gracie

12/8/12 12:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/08/12 9:10 AM

vid     CLICK THE CC when the vid starts ,

12/8/12 2:28 AM
FatBuddha
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome, but any subtitles for the portugese?
12/8/12 7:32 AM
Jasonbaldy
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/08/12 2:13 PM
I know Rorion has been criticized in the past but that guy is amazing. We all credit Royce with bringing us jiu-jitsu without Rorion, none of it would have happened. Rorion is a legend and I sure hope to meet him some day.
12/8/12 9:01 AM
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatBuddha - awesome, but any subtitles for the portugese?

click the CC  when the vid starts

12/8/12 1:56 PM
demandango
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
12/8/12 2:14 PM
EazyG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rorion deserves much credit for getting the UFC going and the BJJ growth around the world that came from it. He must have great business and marketing skills to come to the US and eventually be able to start the UFC.

I assume his BJJ is top notch and is a very good teacher - just look how good his kids are.

How was Rorion as a BJJ competitor and/or MMA fighter? I have heard very little in these areas.
12/8/12 3:18 PM
GrapplerX
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can look up Rorion challenge matches on YouTube

One thing about Rorion, when he used to teach at the old school back in the day, his teaching skill are incredible, so detailed and precise, you never forgot what he would teach. Phone Post
12/8/12 6:58 PM
sword69

I trained at the Gracie Academy from 1994-2000. Though Royce taught the bulk of classes at the Int/Adv level, some of my most memorable moments are Rorion popping in to watch and give tips here and there. He would notice you having a problem executing a certain technique and instantly tell you how to make it work better. Giving you details that the other instructors would leave out or simply would do a little different. The guy is never in a bad mood. Always has time to shake your hand and ask how the training is going. I think he deserves all the credit in the world for his vision and accomplishments.
12/8/12 7:36 PM
EazyG

Makes me wish Rorion was on better terms with the other Gracies and more in the main stream of BJJ. Seems like after accomplishing so much he has marginalized himself a bit.

Seems like a very interesting guy with a somewhat polarizing personality and approach to business?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.