UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rory, I'm not impressed

12/8/12 9:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ansari
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lockon - Rare Ansari sighting on a BJ thread.

I thought this was a Rory thread.

12/9/12 4:45 PM
lookoutawhale
802 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ should not be fighting at these larger weights. Other than that one Matt Hughes win years ago he has not looked good at Welterweight. BJ did not rule the welterweight division in his hey dey. He won one fight, then left the UFC. Rory looks like a better fighter now at his age than BJ did but that also has to do with the fact that fighers have better training camps than they did back in the day and that fact that mma has evolved.

BJ could have been a much better fighter, if he had the work ethic and would leave Hawaii. His camp is poor. His counditioning has always been poor. It was BJ that called out Rory and not the other way around. You cant fault Rory for beating a guy that wants to fight in the wrong division. BJ wanted to go toe to toe and got beat up bad by GSP, DIaz and now Rory. He needs to go back  to LW if he wants to continue fighting.

12/9/12 5:10 PM
Dazednconfused
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta love the body shots Rory was throwing. Beautiful hooks to the body Phone Post
12/9/12 5:18 PM
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted up OP.

12/9/12 6:15 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale - 

BJ should not be fighting at these larger weights. Other than that one Matt Hughes win years ago he has not looked good at Welterweight. BJ did not rule the welterweight division in his hey dey. He won one fight, then left the UFC. Rory looks like a better fighter now at his age than BJ did but that also has to do with the fact that fighers have better training camps than they did back in the day and that fact that mma has evolved.

BJ could have been a much better fighter, if he had the work ethic and would leave Hawaii. His camp is poor. His counditioning has always been poor. It was BJ that called out Rory and not the other way around. You cant fault Rory for beating a guy that wants to fight in the wrong division. BJ wanted to go toe to toe and got beat up bad by GSP, DIaz and now Rory. He needs to go back  to LW if he wants to continue fighting.

SHouldnt be fighting at WW anymore but he drew the #2 WW not too long ago.
12/9/12 6:36 PM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B is well known for complaining about style, ethics and matters of pure entertainment. I don't think I've ever seen a thread of his offering technical analysis.
12/9/12 6:39 PM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay, I can recall *maybe* a couple thousand threads after thinking about it really hard. But I don't think your heart was into them Wasa. Deep down those threads were about fashion and manners.
12/9/12 9:01 PM
ranier wolfcastle
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

imo rory beat bj more than all bjs previous opponents combined

12/9/12 10:05 PM
MadmanGadman
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sorry, but if you are not impressed with Rory then i don't think you understand what happened last night.

I can't say if b.j. gassed or not, but my guess would have been that Rory did a really good job o attacking the body. B.J. I a beast and lesser men and men who didn't show up in shape would have been on the ground.

And I understand you didn't like his show boating, but I feel it's just because you don't like him.

Rory did an amazing job of pulling off his game plan... And those people who say he should have finished B.J. must not understand how hard B.J. is to finish. Off the top of my head I can only think of GSP and Matt Hughes being the only two to finish B.J. Phone Post
12/9/12 10:20 PM
mijo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP24 -  If the Rory that fought Penn shows up to fight Condit, Carlos is in trouble. Phone Post

Rory fought a great fight against Carlos, and just got worn out. Carlos is stronger, and is a better technical striker than BJ now. Its going to be a good fight. Just like the last one.
12/9/12 10:22 PM
Koga
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even in his prime, BJ would have been destroyed by the Rory he fought on the weekend. Can't fault Rory for this mismatch, he just fought the guy the UFC put in front of him.

Also can't fault him for show boating a bit in the fight either, BJ did nothing in the fight to earn his respect, had trash talked him beforehand and a message needed to be sent to the UFC that Rory deserves to fight the best in the division, not novelty matches against has beens.
12/9/12 10:37 PM
DamnSevern
1189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 10:58 PM
Wasa-B - Showed some great diverse skills but he was fighting a guy he looked like he was 2 divisions larger than. The showboating turned me off, he should have been able to finish if he was gonna do that.

When Anderson showboats, you know he can seal the deal at anytime.

While Rory continues his rise in the WW div, lets put this in perspective. BJ is still - everyone forgets - a LIGHTWEIGHT. A 155lber. Not sure what this means for Rory and the rest of the top WWs. I do look fwd to the rematch with Condit.

you're one of my favorite posters here so I'm a bit surprised by this thread.  I'm not sure which part I find more surprising, not being impressed with rory or the part about Anderson

Are we really comparing 20 seconds of Rory to the hour of Anderson's dancing vs Maia and Leites?

Rory dished out a ton of damage, but bj is damn near impossible to finish.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.