UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Classy move by Nate

12/8/12 11:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Old Feller
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People haven't been paying attention.  The Diaz brothers are actually very complimentary of anyone who engages them and not outpoints them.  Nick will say Jeremy Jackson kicked his ass in their first fight.  Nate didn't bag on Hermes Franca.  What was interesting in this fight was that Henderson did engage.  Took it right to Nate standing and on the ground.  Didn't get a takedown and then hang out in safe positions.  Didn't score points on the feet and then flee.  He beat Nate in every aspect.  Diaz respected it. 

12/8/12 11:37 PM
Old Feller
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stretch Armbar - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x - ... Classy move? You mean after throwing the middle finger 4 times? Phone Post
THIS. Nate Diaz is the bitch he got treated like tonight. Phone Post

voted down.  Not because of your opinion, but how you stated it.  The standard of the board is not to say anything you wouldn't say to someone's face.  This was the definition of fighter bashing.

12/8/12 11:39 PM
FJJ828
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marzz - Do people really not understand the middle finger thing? What is the main strength of the Diaz bros? Boxing. They give the finger and posture during the fight in order to provoke their opponent. They're challenging their masculinity in front of millions. Because they know they aren't as athletic as some others, not as good at wrestling as others. So they hope that their antics will provoke their opponents to just stand in place and box with them, or maybe go for an aggressive takedown that leads to a sub. Bottom line, they hope the opponent gives up on technique and strategy and plays into their game. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Don't you think it's funny that they immediately show respect to their opponents afterwards and say nothing bad about them? Did they suddenly have a change of heart? No. Their opponents well know it's just strategy. If anything, the disrespect during the fight is pointless because they're TOO respectful afterwards. Opponents know it's an act. But there's also something else..

Fighters with a certain background often have a similar outlook on fights. If they grew up in poverty, struggling, and around violence, they don't look at fighting as if it's simply a contest. When you grew up around street or domestic violence, you equate fighting to possibly ruining someone's life. In that way, it's very hard for some guys to get up for a fight when they have nothing against their opponent. They have to find reasons to hate them. Because, otherwise, they just don't feel motivated to hurt someone who hasn't wronged them. So, for example, they may look at their opponent as someone who is trying to take away their paycheck and thus send their families back to poverty.

Ricardo Mayorga talked about this before. If he doesn't personally dislike his opponent, he has no motivation to punch him. People who take the actions of guys like that as legitimate disrespect are misguided.

The middle finger thing is amateur and unprofessional and has no place in the big league and network TV.

People making excuses for it sound like they are in middle school rationalizing drunk driving when they don't drive yet.

12/8/12 11:43 PM
mixedmartialmike

Marzz - Do people really not understand the middle finger thing? What is the main strength of the Diaz bros? Boxing. They give the finger and posture during the fight in order to provoke their opponent. They're challenging their masculinity in front of millions. Because they know they aren't as athletic as some others, not as good at wrestling as others. So they hope that their antics will provoke their opponents to just stand in place and box with them, or maybe go for an aggressive takedown that leads to a sub. Bottom line, they hope the opponent gives up on technique and strategy and plays into their game. It's really not that difficult to understand.

Don't you think it's funny that they immediately show respect to their opponents afterwards and say nothing bad about them? Did they suddenly have a change of heart? No. Their opponents well know it's just strategy. If anything, the disrespect during the fight is pointless because they're TOO respectful afterwards. Opponents know it's an act. But there's also something else..

Fighters with a certain background often have a similar outlook on fights. If they grew up in poverty, struggling, and around violence, they don't look at fighting as if it's simply a contest. When you grew up around street or domestic violence, you equate fighting to possibly ruining someone's life. In that way, it's very hard for some guys to get up for a fight when they have nothing against their opponent. They have to find reasons to hate them. Because, otherwise, they just don't feel motivated to hurt someone who hasn't wronged them. So, for example, they may look at their opponent as someone who is trying to take away their paycheck and thus send their families back to poverty.

Ricardo Mayorga talked about this before. If he doesn't personally dislike his opponent, he has no motivation to punch him. People who take the actions of guys like that as legitimate disrespect are misguided.
Finally someone with a brain and some rationale. Phone Post
12/8/12 11:52 PM
DezzNutzz
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old Feller -

People haven't been paying attention.  The Diaz brothers are actually very complimentary of anyone who engages them and not outpoints them.  Nick will say Jeremy Jackson kicked his ass in their first fight.  Nate didn't bag on Hermes Franca.  What was interesting in this fight was that Henderson did engage.  Took it right to Nate standing and on the ground.  Didn't get a takedown and then hang out in safe positions.  Didn't score points on the feet and then flee.  He beat Nate in every aspect.  Diaz respected it. 

This..... Phone Post
12/9/12 12:12 AM
fasthandssam
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stretch Armbar - 
Old Feller -
Stretch Armbar - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x - ... Classy move? You mean after throwing the middle finger 4 times? Phone Post

voted down.  Not because of your opinion, but how you stated it.  The standard of the board is not to say anything you wouldn't say to someone's face.  This was the definition of fighter bashing.

I would have no problem saying that to his face. ZERO problem. I'm 53 and I have been studying martial arts since 1977. After watching Nate fight tonight I see no reason to fear the repercussions. Phone Post

Yea well I've been a fighter all my life. And I've always thought you were a gentleman and my friend, so I'm kind of confused that you would say that.
12/9/12 12:17 AM
HandyDarsh
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreightTrain -
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x -  ... Classy move? You mean after throwing the middle finger 4 times? Phone Post

And talking sh*t before and during the fight.
Lol omg did he really upset you guys that much? Phone Post
12/9/12 12:20 AM
BlueNamer
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sfish4862 - I think Nate acted with respect and class AFTER the final bell rung. LOL at the dipshits who cannot tell the difference between Nate and a completely disrespectful douche Rory.

this.
big diaz fan here - diaz got outclasses but never stopped fighting. you guys act like they should be hugging like pat barry and crocop every fight... that's how diaz fights, deal with it. bendo fought great tonight, and the ufc should be happy with the stars they continued to build tonight.

fuckin haters...
12/9/12 12:27 AM
Marzz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FJJ828 - 
Marzz - Do people really not understand the middle finger thing? What is the main strength of the Diaz bros? Boxing. They give the finger and posture during the fight in order to provoke their opponent. They're challenging their masculinity in front of millions. Because they know they aren't as athletic as some others, not as good at wrestling as others. So they hope that their antics will provoke their opponents to just stand in place and box with them, or maybe go for an aggressive takedown that leads to a sub. Bottom line, they hope the opponent gives up on technique and strategy and plays into their game. It's really not that difficult to understand.

The middle finger thing is amateur and unprofessional and has no place in the big league and network TV.

People making excuses for it sound like they are in middle school rationalizing drunk driving when they don't drive yet.

I didn't realize that's how I sounded. As far as the middle finger specifically, I understand why people wouldn't like it. But as far as the theatrics that seem like disrespect overall, there is a reason for it and a legitimate one. Nobody liked when Rashad grabbed his balls and blew a kiss to Forrest. But what happened a minute later? Rashad knew that Forrest's length and kicks would be a problem. So he provokes him into a dog fight. It's also worked against Rashad. Against Thiago Silva, Silva knew he couldn't stop the takedowns because of his back issues. So he's taunt and challenge Rashad to a brawl. What happened? Rashad took the bait and almost got ko'd. The point is that it's not a matter of being disrespectful or a "punk". It's a viable tactic that often works.
12/9/12 7:54 AM
sitchpack

Stretch Armbar -
Old Feller -
Stretch Armbar - 

I would have no problem saying that to his face. ZERO problem. I'm 53 and I have been studying martial arts since 1977. After watching Nate fight tonight I see no reason to fear the repercussions. Phone Post
Oh thats a cool story bro, so you're like some kind of martial arts legend are.you bro? Do you trane UFC as well bro? I bet you do bro.

In the spirit of your chest puffing post, im 15ft tall bro, ive been studying martial arts since Kano.bro, I am 325 years old bro, and I have sick skills bro.

LOL Phone Post
12/9/12 7:58 AM
Ludelow

between rounds commercials, censoring fingers.
fuck fox
12/9/12 8:51 AM
mr nemo

It was desperation during the fight,part of the game,trying to get Benson to do something stupid, afterwards he could have just left or whatever but he congradulated Benson and raised his hand. When you've just been beat and lost a chance to be the champion that's a pretty upright thing to do, when you can imagine how upset Nate must have been. Still not a fan but I was surprised and impressed that he did that.
12/9/12 11:19 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stretch Armbar - 
Old Feller -
Stretch Armbar - 

you're so classy and respectful, a true Martial Artist.

and not at all delusional about the consequences of calling Nate Diaz a bitch to his face, or your fighting abilities.  

12/9/12 11:26 AM
Stuckey

Sorry, but the Diaz brothers don't get a pass just because they are the Diaz brothers. If you are OK with any other fighter flipping the bird during a fight then fine, at least you are consistent.
But the idea that Nate and Nick are allowed to play by different rules just because they are from Stockton, and they smoke pot, and they make funny faces at their opponents is just stupid and hypocritical.
12/9/12 11:41 AM
spartancs
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stretch Armbar - 
Old Feller -
Stretch Armbar - 

At 53 you should have learned by now not to write checks that you can't cash.  You better hope that vintage '77 Dim Mak technique actually works.  Come on man, 53?  Nate's in his 20's and yeah he acks like a kid in his 20's sometime.  I can understand kids like Nate being disrespectful at times but after 35 years of old school martial arts, what's your excuse?

12/9/12 11:45 AM
ranier wolfcastle
988 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its like the time tank went up to vitor to congratulate him.

a guy whos never shown any respect was humbled and finally gave some

12/9/12 12:26 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JakodaRay -
Stuckey - Sorry, but the Diaz brothers don't get a pass just because they are the Diaz brothers. If you are OK with any other fighter flipping the bird during a fight then fine, at least you are consistent.
But the idea that Nate and Nick are allowed to play by different rules just because they are from Stockton, and they smoke pot, and they make funny faces at their opponents is just stupid and hypocritical.

[Rory taunts BJ]
"OMG I hate this fucking kid I hope he dies!!!!1 How can he taunt a legend like that? Fucking dick!"

[Diaz taunts BJ]
"OMG Diaz is the best evar! DON'T BE SCARED HOMIE! 209 represent!"
This. I don't even remember Rory taunting near as much Phone Post
12/9/12 12:45 PM
TuLegit

I hope theres a rematch regardless of belts. Nate needs revenge on that. Phone Post
12/9/12 1:19 PM
Jaybrone
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TuLegit - I hope theres a rematch regardless of belts. Nate needs revenge on that. Phone Post
Why would their be a rematch? Unless Nate clearly can find ways to beat someone who uses kicks or wrestles. Phone Post
12/9/12 1:34 PM
Demolition Man
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't think of a time that Nate didn't show respect after a fight, most you sound like sheltered, whining pussies. It's a fight and he's trying to taunt his opponent into making a mistake, you see it in basically every sport but when all is said and done Nate always shows respect for his opponents.
12/9/12 2:18 PM
LayzieTheSavage
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer
RifatSahin -
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x -  ... Classy move? You mean after throwing the middle finger 4 times? Phone Post

* giving the guy some napkins for his tears *

So kicking each others head of is no problem but putting on a finger is??
Lol this. Phone Post
12/10/12 11:45 AM
sitchpack

Some of the people taking offense to the whole middle finger issue is pathetic. If it wasnt a middle finger it would be something else you potbellied faggots would try to claim was a crime against.humanity.

Bendo won, he deserved it. He was the better fighter in this match up and I hope they fight again in the future because it was a great fight.

To the disgusting retards who choose to take offense, because it suits your bias stance against the Diaz brothers: you are the worst kind of person, someone who is failing or unhappy with life and is threatened by people who you deem to be inferior but have done better than life than you. Phone Post
12/10/12 11:56 AM
Stuckey

sitchpack -  Some of the people taking offense to the whole middle finger issue is pathetic. If it wasnt a middle finger it would be something else you potbellied faggots would try to claim was a crime against.humanity.

Bendo won, he deserved it. He was the better fighter in this match up and I hope they fight again in the future because it was a great fight.

To the disgusting retards who choose to take offense, because it suits your bias stance against the Diaz brothers: you are the worst kind of person, someone who is failing or unhappy with life and is threatened by people who you deem to be inferior but have done better than life than you. Phone Post

Or more realistically, some of us just think it's a classless thing to do during a fight. And I don't care who the fighter is, Nate Diaz or anyone else.
I'm not offended by it, I just think it's childish and makes Diaz looks rather foolish.
12/10/12 12:22 PM
billyball2
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Or more realistically, some of us just think it's a classless thing to do during a fight. And I don't care who the fighter is, Nate Diaz or anyone else.
I'm not offended by it, I just think it's childish and makes Diaz looks rather foolish."

This.

In the northeast it's hard to go a few days without seeing someone flip the bird, so it doesn't offend me, but I absolutely think it's classless.

Yes, Diaz is in his 20's, but he's not a 3rd grader.

He's a champion-level fighter, so elevating himself a little would only benefit his career.
12/10/12 12:24 PM
E55 Pilot

LOL @ getting your feelings hurt because Nate flipped the bird DURING A FIGHT! LOL.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.