UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Classy move by Nate

12/10/12 1:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SignsOfChaos
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith1234 -

Interested to see his post fight comments.

I watched the post fight presser and Bendo was asked about Nate's salute.

He actually defended Nate and said its just a thing Nate does to fire himself up in the fight and to try to get into your head to make a mistake. He said Nate is not disrespectful and is a good guy.

Go to 11:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8YQ8Z4Yo4I Phone Post
12/10/12 2:32 PM
munsturrman28
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Altofsky - 
mixedmartialmike - 
Altofsky - 
mixedmartialmike - 
FJJ828 -
mixedmartialmike - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x - ... Classy move? You mean after throwing the middle finger 4 times? Phone Post
It's called mental warfare don't be dumb Phone Post

It's called being unprofessional and a punk.

What's he supposed to do? Tell him he's doing a good job as he's fighting him?

Give me a break Phone Post

See Kei Yamamiya vs. Eugene Jackson

Better knockdown dragout fight than Nate's ever been in and FULL of mutual respect.

See also Barry vs. Filipovic

The list goes on and on.

There is a time to stop and congratulate your opponent.. and its not right in the middle of the fight..

The Diaz bros do what they do to try and cause mental mistakes by their opponents.

He showed plenty of respect once the fight was over.

There's a distinct difference between mental games and acting like a street-bred punk.

No worries, though. He made a fool out of himself on national tv. But can you imagine how his mother must feel? Ooofah. As a parent, I'd be ashamed if my kids acted like that. So you embarassed yourself on national tv by acting like a miscreant and then you got your ass kicked to boot? Good, I hope you learned a lesson. Now go clean your room.

EXACTLY how I felt when I watched it. They do that shit to try and anger their opponents. It has worked for quite awhile but if they were actually any good, they would be able to take care of business WHILE looking professional.

But their talent requires that they act like common street trash to give them the edge.
12/10/12 2:59 PM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love threads like this where certain Diaz Bros. lovers come running out to call anyone who thinks flipping an opponent is childish "fags", "losers", etc. and further stating we need tissues, are wimps or are losing sleep over it.

I'm not outraged at his actions, I'm not throwing a tantrum demanding he be banned/fined, I'm staunchly hetero and I didn't break down and cry when he did it. I merely think it shows a lack of sportsmanship and was rather childish.

Nate's a great talent, I don't hate him, but wish he'd conduct himself a little better. Same with Nick. End of story.
12/10/12 3:06 PM
nomad1974
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id take the bird over dudes high fiving after every exchange 10x outta 10.

Diaz can pull of the "i dont give a fuck" gimmick because he really doesnt.

Rory is just coming across like HHH's old high society gimmick. Which would be OK, if he was actually going for that.
12/10/12 3:27 PM
Belcherz_Twister
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate wasn't acting different than he does, every single day
12/10/12 3:55 PM
brixx139

UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x - ... Classy move? You mean after throwing the middle finger 4 times? Phone Post
Get over it. Phone Post
12/10/12 4:01 PM
mixedmartialmike

donniejessup -
mixedmartialmike - 
It's called mental warfare don't be dumb Phone Post

lol @ that being mental warfare. Same with Nick in the Condit fight, keep plodding forward and hope your opponent decides to stand toe to toe with you. Taunt and repeat.

I love both Diaz brothers but the strategy/mental warfare element was a huge problem in each of their last fights.
I never said it worked haha Phone Post
12/10/12 6:24 PM
sitchpack

Edited: 12/10/12 6:27 PM
billyball2 - "Or more realistically, some of us just think it's a classless thing to do during a fight. And I don't care who the fighter is, Nate Diaz or anyone else.
I'm not offended by it, I just think it's childish and makes Diaz looks rather foolish."

This.

In the northeast it's hard to go a few days without seeing someone flip the bird, so it doesn't offend me, but I absolutely think it's classless.

Yes, Diaz is in his 20's, but he's not a 3rd grader.

He's a champion-level fighter, so elevating himself a little would only benefit his career.

*facepalm* its a fucking show, a piece of entertainment for people to enjoy, not a charity fundraiser for slackjawed faggots like yourself to sit there and cast judgement so that you feel important. Anyone even commenting on 'class' that the fighters should have are living in a fucking dream world. 

Grow up, this is real life and if you think everyone needs to act the same just to keep some sort of misplaced sense of balance, then you need to go outside and actually interact with real people. You claim not to take offense yet you judge his actions based on an insecurity of yourself. If it doesnt offend you then just get over it, if you cant get over it then you are clearly offended or have an ulterior motive to hate.

Rich Clementi wasnt exactly a class act, humping the air and grimacing after subbing Melvin Guillard, but then again I dont really expect you to hold yourself to any single standard of 'class', as the standards with some of you clearly change to conveniently shape your argument.

Admit it, you are hating plain and simple, if it doesnt bother you then why post? Answer: you do not like the Diaz brothers for some biased or superiority based reasoning based on how you judge their media persona, and you are letting it affect your opinions on MMA fighters and fights.

I wouldnt personally flip the bird in an MMA fight, but then again I dont give a fuck what professional fighters do, as long as they shake hands after the fight and fight hard. That clearly isnt enough for some of you despicable, judgemental sad-cases. .

12/10/12 6:27 PM
sitchpack

ranier wolfcastle - 

its like the time tank went up to vitor to congratulate him.

a guy whos never shown any respect was humbled and finally gave some

Has Nate ever disrespected any of his opponents after the fight until Benson? If so id love to see specific examples of post fight disrespect in the cage that you are referring to by using that comparison.

12/10/12 6:35 PM
Stuckey

sitchpack - 
billyball2 - "Or more realistically, some of us just think it's a classless thing to do during a fight. And I don't care who the fighter is, Nate Diaz or anyone else.
I'm not offended by it, I just think it's childish and makes Diaz looks rather foolish."

This.

In the northeast it's hard to go a few days without seeing someone flip the bird, so it doesn't offend me, but I absolutely think it's classless.

He's a champion-level fighter, so elevating himself a little would only benefit his career.

*facepalm* its a fucking show, a piece of entertainment for people to enjoy, not a charity fundraiser for slackjawed faggots like yourself to sit there and cast judgement so that you feel important. Anyone even commenting on 'class' that the fighters should have are living in a fucking dream world. 

Grow up, this is real life and if you think everyone needs to act the same just to keep some sort of misplaced sense of balance, then you need to go outside and actually interact with real people. You claim not to take offense yet you judge his actions based on an insecurity of yourself. If it doesnt offend you then just get over it, if you cant get over it then you are clearly offended or have an ulterior motive to hate.

Rich Clementi wasnt exactly a class act, humping the air and grimacing after subbing Melvin Guillard, but then again I dont really expect you to hold yourself to any single standard of 'class', as the standards with some of you clearly change to conveniently shape your argument.

Admit it, you are hating plain and simple, if it doesnt bother you then why post? Answer: you do not like the Diaz brothers for some biased or superiority based reasoning based on how you judge their media persona, and you are letting it affect your opinions on MMA fighters and fights.

I wouldnt personally flip the bird in an MMA fight, but then again I dont give a fuck what professional fighters do, as long as they shake hands after the fight and fight hard. That clearly isnt enough for some of you despicable, judgemental sad-cases. .

Yikes, calm down. As I said before - Diaz flipping the bird did not offend me. It just made me think less of him because I don't think someone at his level should act that way.

I have a few fighters in the UFC that I would call my favourites, but if any of them flipped the bird in the middle of a fight, then my opinion of them would go down. This isn't just about Nate Diaz. I thought Rich Clementi showed very little class after his win over Guillard too by the way.

You seem to be saying that if a guy flips the bird in a fight we are not allowed to comment on it? That makes no sense.

Ultimately Diaz can do whatever he wants in the octagon. I just think he looks like a child by doing something so juvenile.
That said, I commend him for showing class when the fight was over.

But this is not about hating him. It's about expressing an opinion about something he did. It's no different than when I expressed an opinion after Clementi's fight with Guillard.

You are taking this way to personally.
12/10/12 6:45 PM
sitchpack

Edited: 12/10/12 6:45 PM
Stuckey - 
sitchpack - 

This.

Yikes, calm down. As I said before - Diaz flipping the bird did not offend me. It just made me think less of him because I don't think someone at his level should act that way.

I have a few fighters in the UFC that I would call my favourites, but if any of them flipped the bird in the middle of a fight, then my opinion of them would go down. This isn't just about Nate Diaz. I thought Rich Clementi showed very little class after his win over Guillard too by the way.

You seem to be saying that if a guy flips the bird in a fight we are not allowed to comment on it? That makes no sense.

Ultimately Diaz can do whatever he wants in the octagon. I just think he looks like a child by doing something so juvenile.

But this is not about hating him. It's about expressing an opinion about something he did. It's no different than when I expressed an opinion after Clementi's fight with Guillard.

By taking it personally, do you mean actually calling you up on the shit reasoning you have provided for your opinion? Just so it doesnt seem like you are hating? So what, Diaz flips the bird mid fight and you stop and proccess it, then stand up and shout 'this famous young gentleman is acting like a child by putting up his middle finger, what an abhorrent thing to do despite the fact that his opponent doesnt even care, TO THE INTERNET WITH THIS!'

You are legit changing the world bro, whenever I see someone flipping the bird im going to scream at them and tell them to think of the children, and cry and then run home, because thats acceptable by your reasoning, right?

12/10/12 7:07 PM
Stuckey

sitchpack - 
Stuckey - 
sitchpack - 

This.

By taking it personally, do you mean actually calling you up on the shit reasoning you have provided for your opinion? Just so it doesnt seem like you are hating? So what, Diaz flips the bird mid fight and you stop and proccess it, then stand up and shout 'this famous young gentleman is acting like a child by putting up his middle finger, what an abhorrent thing to do despite the fact that his opponent doesnt even care, TO THE INTERNET WITH THIS!'

You are legit changing the world bro, whenever I see someone flipping the bird im going to scream at them and tell them to think of the children, and cry and then run home, because thats acceptable by your reasoning, right?

Lol! Bro, I was going to continue this discussion but I'm going to leave it at this because I feel bad getting you so wound up.

I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree.

12/10/12 7:32 PM
sitchpack

Stuckey - 
sitchpack - 
Stuckey - 
sitchpack - 

This.

Lol! Bro, I was going to continue this discussion but I'm going to leave it at this because I feel bad getting you so wound up.

I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I dont mind bro im just really bored at work, cheers for the brodown though :)

12/11/12 9:41 AM
Altofsky
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's what it boils down to:

An ignorant street thug got his ass trounced and flat out embarassed on national tv while trying to act like a hardass.

EVERYONE WINS.

Normal people win because they got to watch a disrespectful little shit get torn apart.

Stockton trash wins because they learn what acting like a cocky little shit-bag gets you... your ass beaten.

Win, win situation!

12/11/12 9:53 AM
Virginio
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stretch Armbar -
THIS. Nate Diaz is the bitch he got treated like tonight. Phone Post
Fighter bashing? Phone Post
12/11/12 10:01 AM
Koreanflash

RifatSahin - 
UGCTT_FryedTakayamaOwnedMySN 3x -  ... Classy move? You mean after throwing the middle finger 4 times? Phone Post

* giving the guy some napkins for his tears *

So kicking each others head of is no problem but putting on a finger is??

It's gamesmanship. That's what the Diaz brothers do. Before and during the fight, they hate their opponents. It's the only way they know how to fight. I have no problem with it because once you get through the middle fingers and thuggery both guys put on a hell of a fight. They bring it each and every time. I can respect that.
12/11/12 10:34 AM
Altofsky
681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Good job of proving the man's point. You just illustrated it for him perfectly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.