UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pettis: I should've got the shot

12/8/12 10:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GayGuardMooseSaucy
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@Showtimepettis: Should have Gave me the shot @danawhite @ufc Phone Post
12/8/12 10:35 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he talking about when wec merged? Phone Post
12/8/12 10:42 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorEmilioEstevez - Is he talking about when wec merged? Phone Post
That was from tonight. Think he's saying he would've done more than Nate Phone Post
12/8/12 10:44 PM
shaqitup
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not true, he probably would have done better as he won before.

However bendo is on another level than last time they fought
12/8/12 10:47 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's next in line if he defeats Cowboy, I don't know why he's got something to say.

12/8/12 10:48 PM
daddy N0
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After Diaz put the beating on Cowboy, i was excited. But i'm still excited about Henderson vs Pettis 2 Phone Post
12/8/12 10:50 PM
B_Goetz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he was granted a title shot, but was told he had to wait until after the Edgar fight (and maybe someone else was in front of him), so he chose to take the fight with Guida.
12/8/12 10:58 PM
daddy N0
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With so many fighters waiting to take their guarantee title fights and backing up the division i glad pettis took that fight with clay. Some people thought pettis won that fight being more aggressive on his back in that fight. Phone Post
12/8/12 11:00 PM
RamsAllDay

Pettis will beat Henderson again.. Phone Post
12/8/12 11:13 PM
Megatherium
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RamsAllDay -  Pettis will beat Henderson again.. Phone Post

12/8/12 11:18 PM
daddy N0

Dr Doom -
daddy N0 -  With so many fighters waiting to take their guarantee title fights and backing up the division i glad pettis took that fight with clay. Some people thought pettis won that fight being more aggressive on his back in that fight. Phone Post

Pettis didn't land enough to earn a decision in my opinion but Guida hardly proved he was the superior fighter.

Similar fight to Phil Davis/Lil Nog.

In these fights the loser in many ways looked far more impressive than the winner.
Yea i just remember Bas on inside MMA saying he thought Pettis won by going for submissions and being more aggressive. But he did lose but he did take a fight when he could've waited Phone Post
12/8/12 11:21 PM
wanderpage siljackson
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RamsAllDay - Pettis will beat Henderson again.. Phone Post
Agreed...Pettis stand up is on another level. He's terribly difficult to sub, active off his back and very aggressive...it all comes down to his takedown defense imo Phone Post
12/8/12 11:25 PM
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/08/12 11:26 PM
Edgar getting a totally undeserved rematch really screwed Pettis over (even though Edgar arguably won said rematch, I didn't think the first fight was rematch worthy at all, thought Bendo clearly won and most feel the same).

I favor Bendo over Pettis this time, though I think Pettis is stylistically his toughest challenge at 155 other than Frankie and perhaps Maynard.

Hopefully Pettis beats Cerrone, because I don't know how you give Cowboy a third shot, especially when Bendo completely dismantled him in minutes last time and Bendo has only improved since then. But if Cerrone wins, who else could get the shot...? Gil I guess maybe, he's the only guy I can think of.
HolyAvengerP5 - this is the same guy that lost to clay guida IN the ufc?

So did Nate. And Maynard came damn close to losing to Guida as well.

Also I don't really think either Clay or Pettis deserved a win in that fight. It was a draw in all honestly, and a not a good performance by either guy.
12/8/12 11:32 PM
Mr Sponge

Pettis will KO benson Phone Post
12/8/12 11:38 PM
in_different
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettiest via a war. And this coming from a huge fan of both. I pick Bendo over every other LW
12/9/12 12:08 AM
daddy N0

Pettis vs Diaz? i bet Nate Diaz will take this as a disrespect and will talk his way into a match Phone Post
12/9/12 12:51 AM
grafzep
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just can't see pettis beating Hendo again at this point
12/9/12 1:32 AM
NINJAe973

daddy N0 - With so many fighters waiting to take their guarantee title fights and backing up the division i glad pettis took that fight with clay. Some people thought pettis won that fight being more aggressive on his back in that fight. Phone Post
If ever there was a fight where the guy on bottom position was winning the fight it was that fight imo.. pettis put on a guard clinic.. i really thought i might see a guy finally win a fight off his back but no, lay n pray prevails Phone Post
12/10/12 12:10 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hasn't Pettis only won one UFC fight in its most stacked division? Why would he get a shot? Phone Post
12/10/12 12:17 PM
JTRipper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorEmilioEstevez - Hasn't Pettis only won one UFC fight in its most stacked division? Why would he get a shot? Phone Post
Isn't he on a two fight win streak now with Stephens and Lauzon? Phone Post
12/10/12 12:23 PM
Roryfappedonmyface
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think cowboy will beat pettis. After that how do you not give him a shot? Those fights with Ben were a long time ago. They have both improved and I think it would look a lot more like their first fight than their second. Phone Post
12/10/12 12:28 PM
TuLegit

Right because getting outwrestled by guida shows great hope for the bendo fight. Phone Post
12/10/12 12:33 PM
BaraoKix

The twitter universe is alive and well, whatever gets posted there always gets posted here too...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.