UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> the utter disrespect Rory showed BJ...

12/9/12 5:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Black Cheez
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 5:41 PM
<blockquote>ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - Not sure how BJ is still on the roster and hasn't been cut yet. I don't care what he did in the dinosaur age of mma</blockquote><br /><br /><br />
"Dinosaur Age of MMA."

I know you meant this as an insult, saying BJ Penn is old. Fair enough. However, you should take into consideration that the Dinosaur Age of the World was a time full of all kinds of predators, predators that ruled the world. Putting your words into perspective, you could say that at the time of BJ's prime, he was definitely one of these predators. That being said, I think it nullifies your insult at BJ.
12/9/12 5:34 PM
caseharts
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/9/12 5:54 PM
Darth Ryase
1265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaz Johnson - Rory is on the sauce his back is a constellation looks very similar to something I've seen many times. Phone Post
Maybe they should put him on a strict testing regiment. Phone Post
12/9/12 5:56 PM
mikethecricket
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What pissed me off about the showboating was that
he wasn't really in danger - he danced around at a safe distance.

Kinda fake showboating IMO.

12/9/12 5:58 PM
caseharts
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikethecricket - 

in the first part of the gif bj was clearly in punching range, just my opinion .

12/9/12 6:03 PM
lookoutawhale
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith1234 - 
Forrest Spliffn -  Bj looked like a flabby kid beside rory tonite.
Nate was also outclassed by superior athleticism.

People will say " body shape and genetics" but bj was not in the shape someone who does what he does for a living has to be in. He just needs to carry more muscle and less fat while at the same time having better cardio. That's at 55 too.

Henderson on the other hand could have fought 20 rounds tonight. That man must run a ton of miles. On a scale of slow crawl to full sprint it appeared this fight against Nate registered as a leisurely stroll for Ben. The few times Nate would gain any kind of position Ben had the cardio and speed to blast out of a scramble. That shit is hard to do when you get tired and he clearly was never tired.

Benson and Rory showcased the power of conditioning, smart planning and technique tonight. Strength and cardio is a martial art of its own that like bjj or mt must be a priority in this day and age. Phone Post

I generally agree. BJ is so far off where he should be in terms of preparation. This may be taking it to far, but BJ is disrespecting the whole sport by not putting his best foot forward.

I love BJ. But let's face facts. Half assing it and not living up to your potential is the exact opposite of greatness. 

If GSP lost to Condit after long layoff and serious injury, based on how some of you interpret BJ (and Shogun for that matter) then his stock would go up more then manning up in rehab and winning. And you would denigrate Condit for beating GSP when not at his best.

Let me sum up this way: BJ chooses to fight at 170. BJ chooses to have non elite cardio. BJ chooses to have bad or no gameplan. His fans should be disappointed, not making excuses.

well said in both quotes.

12/9/12 6:12 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 12/09/12 6:14 PM
Colboyo - When Penn was gassed, beaten up, and discouraged the excessive showboating became unnecacary

I agree. Rory should have shown some respect by licking BJ's blood off his gloves or kissing BJ on the lips at the end of the fight. That would have been "necessary", right?

You have a double standard and hypocrisy based on fanboydom. 

12/9/12 6:14 PM
Foos
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale - 
Smith1234 - 
Forrest Spliffn -  Bj looked like a flabby kid beside rory tonite.
Nate was also outclassed by superior athleticism.

People will say " body shape and genetics" but bj was not in the shape someone who does what he does for a living has to be in. He just needs to carry more muscle and less fat while at the same time having better cardio. That's at 55 too.

Henderson on the other hand could have fought 20 rounds tonight. That man must run a ton of miles. On a scale of slow crawl to full sprint it appeared this fight against Nate registered as a leisurely stroll for Ben. The few times Nate would gain any kind of position Ben had the cardio and speed to blast out of a scramble. That shit is hard to do when you get tired and he clearly was never tired.

Benson and Rory showcased the power of conditioning, smart planning and technique tonight. Strength and cardio is a martial art of its own that like bjj or mt must be a priority in this day and age. Phone Post

I generally agree. BJ is so far off where he should be in terms of preparation. This may be taking it to far, but BJ is disrespecting the whole sport by not putting his best foot forward.

I love BJ. But let's face facts. Half assing it and not living up to your potential is the exact opposite of greatness. 

If GSP lost to Condit after long layoff and serious injury, based on how some of you interpret BJ (and Shogun for that matter) then his stock would go up more then manning up in rehab and winning. And you would denigrate Condit for beating GSP when not at his best.

Let me sum up this way: BJ chooses to fight at 170. BJ chooses to have non elite cardio. BJ chooses to have bad or no gameplan. His fans should be disappointed, not making excuses.

well said in both quotes.

Yup!

BJ vs Rory showed the difference between fighters that train year round and fighters that only train while they have a fight coming up.

Rory's in shape year round, where as BJ balloons up between fights.

The sport has evolved past the point where natural talent alone can win you fights. Hard work is part of the equation now
12/9/12 6:48 PM
ufcman187

With the respect he showed Penn, I think it's just a matter of time till he calls out GSP. It will be JBJ/ Rashad Evans all over again
12/9/12 6:58 PM
persiankid

Hey guys not sure if this has been posted yet or not but I'd like to know your opinions on this fight, despite Rory asking for the Condit rematch...also if a Blue could help me post the image. Thanks! [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/iqkn7n.png[/IMG]
12/9/12 7:10 PM
caseharts

persiankid - Hey guys not sure if this has been posted yet or not but I'd like to know your opinions on this fight, despite Rory asking for the Condit rematch...also if a Blue could help me post the image. Thanks! [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/iqkn7n.png[/IMG]

I love siyar but hes got a few fights before he gets rory level guy

12/9/12 7:22 PM
persiankid

caseharts - 
persiankid - Hey guys not sure if this has been posted yet or not but I'd like to know your opinions on this fight, despite Rory asking for the Condit rematch...also if a Blue could help me post the image. Thanks! [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/iqkn7n.png[/IMG]

Wrestling/Athleticism the issue you think? He's pretty experienced.
12/9/12 7:24 PM
caseharts

persiankid - 
caseharts - 

im not doubting his skill, im doubting the ufc pitting them against each other and his name value in relation/rankings. I know siyar has the tools to beat anyone in the ufc.. im just saying there more money in a condit rory rematch, and they need to build up siyar its been a while since he fought even though it was incrediably epic. 

12/9/12 7:30 PM
stonepony

Hahaha... Crying about civility in the octagon, and then talking about a Diaz brother in the same comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x_2kz5Dlq4Q#t=657s

What a joke...
12/9/12 7:32 PM
persiankid

caseharts - 
persiankid - 
caseharts - 

im not doubting his skill, im doubting the ufc pitting them against each other and his name value in relation/rankings. I know siyar has the tools to beat anyone in the ufc.. im just saying there more money in a condit rory rematch, and they need to build up siyar its been a while since he fought even though it was incrediably epic. 

You're right, I guess wouldn't be the greatest business decision but I'd much rather see it over condit/macdonald 2.
12/9/12 7:34 PM
persiankid

Might be similar to Rory vs. Che actually. Come to think of it Siyar and Che are kind of similar both Euro-type strikers with KO ability, with questionable takedown defense and groundgame
12/9/12 7:35 PM
caseharts

persiankid -
caseharts - 
persiankid - 
caseharts - 

You're right, I guess wouldn't be the greatest business decision but I'd much rather see it over condit/macdonald 2.
Why Condit was beaten most of that fight then caught rory I truly believe rory beats Condit this time.

Siyar needs to fight kos or ellenburger around that level maybe the guy who dough Ebersole last his name escapes me. But ya I can tell you like him he's awesome but he's gotta work his way up like everyone else(except nick Diaz it seems) ? Phone Post
12/9/12 7:35 PM
caseharts

persiankid - Might be similar to Rory vs. Che actually. Come to think of it Siyar and Che are kind of similar both Euro-type strikers with KO ability, with questionable takedown defense and groundgame
I'd put siyar above Che that's just me tho Phone Post
12/9/12 7:53 PM
persiankid

I think they ALL need to fight wrestlers...somehow match up Siyar, Rory, Condit, Diaz vs. Hendricks, Ellenberger, Kos, Fitch. Any combo of those would be exciting for me!
12/9/12 7:54 PM
persiankid

I'd also put Siyar above Che but I'm still not sold on him being a top 5 UFC WW a win over Rory would put him there.
12/9/12 7:56 PM
caseharts

persiankid - I'd also put Siyar above Che but I'm still not sold on him being a top 5 UFC WW a win over Rory would put him there.
Rory is there. Siyars top 15 he needs a top 10 guy like I mentioned before Phone Post
12/9/12 7:58 PM
thatoneguy00

I want to see koscheck give rory a run for his damn money, Im not a koscheck fan but I am sure it would happen. It will definately happen if rory faces condit again
12/9/12 8:04 PM
caseharts

thatoneguy00 - I want to see koscheck give rory a run for his damn money, Im not a koscheck fan but I am sure it would happen. It will definately happen if rory faces condit again

I think rory handles condit if he goes in with the right game plan rory really is something special. I could see kos putting on a wrestling clinic we will have too see tho

12/9/12 8:41 PM
mikethecricket

caseharts - 
mikethecricket - 

in the first part of the gif bj was clearly in punching range, just my opinion .

ha ha fair enough

noticed that gif that just after I posted

I still stand by my comment...he looked lame
12/9/12 10:51 PM
Lester Loveshaft

UGCTT_Capnsavem -  bothered me. Please let Nick Diaz beat him the fuck up... and I didn't even like Diaz.

I don't like this kid. no respect. just beat the guy with class.

I guess kids don't respect the guys that paved the way for them these days. Phone Post

As if BJ hasn't ever disrespected an opponent...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.