UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> the utter disrespect Rory showed BJ...

12/9/12 12:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe Rory should have shown BJ respect by licking BJ's blood off his gloves or kissing him at the end of the fight?

The butthurt in this place tonight is EPIC.

Hypocrites.

12/9/12 12:18 AM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht -

Maybe Rory should have shown BJ respect by licking BJ's blood off his gloves or kissing him at the end of the fight?

Hypocrites.

nothing hypocritical about it. I never said BJ was a saint... but he's a LEGEND that has earned his stripes and paid his dues. not saying what he does is ok, but he doesn't do it DURING the fight, he does it AFTER the fight. there's a difference to me. that's why I don't like the Diaz boys. leave that shit for after the fight. but during? thefuckouuttahere with that bullshit. Phone Post
12/9/12 12:18 AM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory would smother Diaz, 30-27 decision.
12/9/12 12:20 AM
McBottery

UGCTT_Capnsavem -
McBottery -

Oh shut the fuck up.

Because BJ constantly accusing Rory of being a roider was 'respectful'?  Rory has never failed a drug test, yet BJ was going on and on with his false accusations.  When Rory had to pull out of the fight BJ came out and said it was because he cycled improperly.  Now THATS disrespectful.  Not what Rory did.

so what Rory did by pulling the foot shuffling and the Spider arms dangling shot wasn't disrespectful?

Penn has earned the right, although I disagree with his words, to say what he wants.

my point was Rory was disrespectful during the fight. PERIOD. Phone Post
And Rorys disrespect was nothing compared to the disrespect shown towards him by BJ.

And no one ever earns the right to be disrespectful. That isn't a right, it's a choice, and if you do it you should expect it back. Phone Post
12/9/12 12:22 AM
ausgepicht

UGCTT_Capnsavem - 
ausgepicht -

Hypocrites.

nothing hypocritical about it. I never said BJ was a saint... but he's a LEGEND that has earned his stripes and paid his dues. not saying what he does is ok, but he doesn't do it DURING the fight, he does it AFTER the fight. there's a difference to me. that's why I don't like the Diaz boys. leave that shit for after the fight. but during? thefuckouuttahere with that bullshit. Phone Post

The only bullshit is by pig headed butthurt BJ fans like you. BJ was disrespectful in the past and the karma police made an arrest. Making up stories about only being disrespectful if it's during the fight is the bullshit. You're butthurt. We get it. BJ got eaten up like fresh poutine. DEAL with it.

12/9/12 12:27 AM
omlet de fromage

I'd prefer Condit to beat the shit out of him. Especially since Rory called him out.
12/9/12 12:40 AM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL.. you guys don't get it.

I never said Rory didn't dominate and I'm not saying Penn is not guilty of shit talking.

you miss the point. Rory is still wet behind the ears here. he just got a marquee win, but he didn't do it with class. that foot shuffling, he doesn't do it, this thread isn't made. the arms down and chin out to an obviously hurt opponent, this conversation doesn't even take place.

he showed a lack of class during the fight, and he's walking the Diaz line.

that's fine that you guys support him, but let me be clear: I respect his talent and skills, but I do NOT respect him as a man representing the the future of the sport of MMA with that kind of bullshit. Phone Post
12/9/12 12:45 AM
Ryan Black
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

145er -
UGCTT_Capnsavem - 
Ryan Black - I hope he gets the fight he asked for. Condit is not the same fighter he beat on decisively for two rounds in their first go around- I think that fight would be totally different today.

Although he bested BJ in every way, every round tonight- he did disrespect him quite mercilessly. It was hard to watch. I wish BJ wouldn't have come out of retirement, at least not to fight this... hybrid, MMA-hipster...

I am not a fan of the disrespect; that was just unnecessary. He was winning the fight in every way... no need to bust out the 'GSP-Sparring' impression mid-round. His personality is very off-putting.

The idea that this fight was regarded as a "changing of the guard" bothers me a little bit. Rory, to me, doesn't represent the "new breed" of fighter- he represents himself. From the look on his face, to the words that he says, to the way that he fights. It's all unique to himself... nothing wrong with that; I'm just not a big fan.

I will say, the Rory Mac bandwagon is firing on all cylinders now... I'd love to see a rematch with Condit or a match with Hendro next for him. Phone Post
very well said. Phone Post

I would vote up ryan black if I had my vote up left for today. very well put
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Phone Post
12/9/12 12:51 AM
ausgepicht

Edited: 12/09/12 12:54 AM
UGCTT_Capnsavem -  LOL.. you guys don't get it.

I never said Rory didn't dominate and I'm not saying Penn is not guilty of shit talking.

you miss the point. Rory is still wet behind the ears here. he just got a marquee win, but he didn't do it with class. that foot shuffling, he doesn't do it, this thread isn't made. the arms down and chin out to an obviously hurt opponent, this conversation doesn't even take place.

that's fine that you guys support him, but let me be clear: I respect his talent and skills, but I do NOT respect him as a man representing the the future of the sport of MMA with that kind of bullshit. Phone Post

You don't get a free pass because you have more experience or done more. Disrespect is disrespect whether it's from an untouchable or the Queen of England. Stop being such a blind fanboy. What Rory did wasn't a big deal. Neither was what BJ did by licking his gloves or kissing Hughes. Rory did the Ali shuffle. Big fucking deal. First world fans get upset over petty little shit. Disrespectful is spitting on cornermen, or talking about people's family, not shuffling your feet in the middle of a fight. Rory even said in the post fight interview he always looked up to BJ. Just stop.

12/9/12 12:58 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ earning the right to disrespect your opponent.  hilarious.

12/9/12 1:21 AM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Capnsavem -
McBottery -

Oh shut the fuck up.

Because BJ constantly accusing Rory of being a roider was 'respectful'?  Rory has never failed a drug test, yet BJ was going on and on with his false accusations.  When Rory had to pull out of the fight BJ came out and said it was because he cycled improperly.  Now THATS disrespectful.  Not what Rory did.

so what Rory did by pulling the foot shuffling and the Spider arms dangling shot wasn't disrespectful?

Penn has earned the right, although I disagree with his words, to say what he wants.

I agree. I hate that shit. Phone Post
12/9/12 1:40 AM
Formulate Infinity

If he didnt outweigh BJ by 20lbs...maybe it wouldnt have bothered me as much.

If he was able to put away the much smaller/older man after the goofy show-boating....maybe it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

If you aren't able to finish the guy then stop acting like a jackass and throw more punches instead of doing some silly looking shit that doesnt end the fight.
12/9/12 1:43 AM
Samsonite1084
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dookieshoes -
UGCTT_Capnsavem -  bothered me. Please let Nick Diaz beat him the fuck up... and I didn't even like Diaz.

I don't like this kid. no respect. just beat the guy with class.

I guess kids don't respect the guys that paved the way for them these days. Phone Post

Rory would beat the shit outta Nick Diaz.
Cool, let him give another Diaz brother the Chris Benoit treatment.....suplex wise Phone Post
12/9/12 1:43 AM
UGCTT_Charlie's_Tiger_Blood
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dookieshoes -
UGCTT_Capnsavem -  bothered me. Please let Nick Diaz beat him the fuck up... and I didn't even like Diaz.

I don't like this kid. no respect. just beat the guy with class.

I guess kids don't respect the guys that paved the way for them these days. Phone Post

Rory would beat the shit outta Nick Diaz.
Wow. Strongly disagree, you must be canadian. Phone Post
12/9/12 1:44 AM
UGCTT_Charlie's_Tiger_Blood
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^And I like rory. Phone Post
12/9/12 1:55 AM
majikman
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Formulate Infinity - If he didnt outweigh BJ by 20lbs...maybe it wouldnt have bothered me as much.

If he was able to put away the much smaller/older man after the goofy show-boating....maybe it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

If you aren't able to finish the guy then stop acting like a jackass and throw more punches instead of doing some silly looking shit that doesnt end the fight.

You do realize BJ CHOSE to find at 170 right?? He CHOSE to fight the bigger guy. lol at whining that the bigger man was picking on him
12/9/12 1:58 AM
Vitor29

UGCTT_Capnsavem -
McBottery -

Oh shut the fuck up.

So because BJ has been around for a long time he can be as disrespectful as he wished but Rory, after being disrespected, must not disrespect bj in any way? Is this really your "logic"? Just another butt hurt Penn fan. It's also hilarious to see all the BJ fans wanting this fighter or that fighter to come white knight for BJ. Christ, what a pathetic lot. Phone Post
12/9/12 2:02 AM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory is a fine broth of a Canadian lad. Folks hold him to a higher standard, and rightfully so!
12/9/12 2:09 AM
tbi0904
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - 
UGCTT_Capnsavem -  LOL.. you guys don't get it.

You don't get a free pass because you have more experience or done more. Disrespect is disrespect whether it's from an untouchable or the Queen of England. Stop being such a blind fanboy. What Rory did wasn't a big deal. Neither was what BJ did by licking his gloves or kissing Hughes. Rory did the Ali shuffle. Big fucking deal. First world fans get upset over petty little shit. Disrespectful is spitting on cornermen, or talking about people's family, not shuffling your feet in the middle of a fight. Rory even said in the post fight interview he always looked up to BJ. Just stop.

Great post. The idea that because being a "legend" in the sport gives you carte blanche before, during and after a fight to act as disrespectfully as you want is laughable.
12/9/12 2:09 AM
absoluteidiot
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel like when BJ lost twice to a guy he would at his best crush (Edgar) that it was it for him... He did good vs Finch but last couple of fights have been so hard to watch. Albeit against guys way bigger in a time where it counts so much. Then Shogun vs the much bigger guy.. But then we saw Bendo demolish a bigger Nate... So MMA is still valid but its rare.. Phone Post
12/9/12 2:12 AM
demcat
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was bummed by his behavior too cause I like home. But in sorry nick Diaz ain't beating him. Phone Post
12/9/12 2:18 AM
Forrest Spliffn

Bj looked like a flabby kid beside rory tonite.
Nate was also outclassed by superior athleticism.

People will say " body shape and genetics" but bj was not in the shape someone who does what he does for a living has to be in. He just needs to carry more muscle and less fat while at the same time having better cardio. That's at 55 too.

Henderson on the other hand could have fought 20 rounds tonight. That man must run a ton of miles. On a scale of slow crawl to full sprint it appeared this fight against Nate registered as a leisurely stroll for Ben. The few times Nate would gain any kind of position Ben had the cardio and speed to blast out of a scramble. That shit is hard to do when you get tired and he clearly was never tired.

Benson and Rory showcased the power of conditioning, smart planning and technique tonight. Strength and cardio is a martial art of its own that like bjj or mt must be a priority in this day and age. Phone Post
12/9/12 2:43 AM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thing is....when he started showboating, his output went down. He didnt turn it up, his output declined. That's weak showboating. Esp considering he was fighting a guy he looked like 30lbs heavier than.
12/9/12 2:54 AM
Bucephalus

Rory has no respect and will get none from me. He is MMA's new heel. Yeah.. he has skills. But he has the personality of a fucking door knob. I see Condit beating him again and I see Hendricks putting his lights out.
12/9/12 2:55 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.