UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> the utter disrespect Rory showed BJ...

12/9/12 8:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Darth Ryase
1363 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RustyTrombone - He's 23 dude. Everyone does stupid shit when they're young. Hopefully he'll cut it out but if I was as talented as Rory I'd probably be cocky too Phone Post
It's not like this is typical behavior for Rory. This is what happens when you throw around steroid accusations and talk down on a fighter on a personal level. He's never behaved like this before and I doubt he'll do it again. Phone Post
12/9/12 8:11 AM
random_muppett
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sensei Millia 209TT -

This is some ridiculous shit, It wasn't even that bad really. Sure, I was mad he was clowning with him, but that's because I was pissed BJ was getting handled. Foot shuffling disrespectful? Even if so,there's nothing wrong with taunting an opponent in a fist fight, it's mind-games, it's emotion, especially the way they were going at it pre-fight. Did he give him his respect after the fight? Yes.

And this is coming from someone who is absolutely NOT a Rory fan

While I agree what bothered me about it was it only started after BJ was effectively done.

Silva does it from the get go....And it's a tactic, with Rory it felt like he was just taking the piss out a legend for no good reason. Phone Post
12/9/12 8:44 AM
mr nemo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FreakDaddy - 
Chris Power - lol he was fighting fucking BJ Penn - you're complaining that he didn't treat the guy who calls everyone a cheater and licks the blood of fallen opponents with enough respect?

Correct and VTFU......

Bingo.
12/9/12 9:04 AM
JamesTheWelshDR
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Karma is a bitch Phone Post
12/9/12 9:06 AM
FredruM

Dookieshoes - 
UGCTT_Capnsavem -  bothered me. Please let Nick Diaz beat him the fuck up... and I didn't even like Diaz.

I don't like this kid. no respect. just beat the guy with class.

I guess kids don't respect the guys that paved the way for them these days. Phone Post

Rory would beat the shit outta Nick Diaz.

True, Rory would absolutely destroy Nick.
12/9/12 9:13 AM
Vitor29

random_muppett - 
Sensei Millia 209TT -

This is some ridiculous shit, It wasn't even that bad really. Sure, I was mad he was clowning with him, but that's because I was pissed BJ was getting handled. Foot shuffling disrespectful? Even if so,there's nothing wrong with taunting an opponent in a fist fight, it's mind-games, it's emotion, especially the way they were going at it pre-fight. Did he give him his respect after the fight? Yes.

And this is coming from someone who is absolutely NOT a Rory fan

While I agree what bothered me about it was it only started after BJ was effectively done.

Silva does it from the get go....And it's a tactic, with Rory it felt like he was just taking the piss out a legend for no good reason. Phone Post

Yeah BJ only called him a cheater and a roider. No good reason at all.....
12/9/12 9:16 AM
bearockbrobama
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funwithbakedgoods - whaa. Dude BJ talked a lot of shit pre-fight.
Bj sold the fight. Or no one would've cared. Phone Post
12/9/12 9:19 AM
MisterFixit
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say the disrespect came from both sides.

BJ didn't respect Rory enough to show up in shape and Rory clowned him for it.

Even Steven.
12/9/12 9:25 AM
HandyDarsh
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -  Many of the people here hating on rory are Diaz fans. Phone Post

mostly because Rorys fans hate on diaz

12/9/12 9:31 AM
Vitor29

bearockbrobama - 
funwithbakedgoods - whaa. Dude BJ talked a lot of shit pre-fight.
Bj sold the fight. Or no one would've cared. Phone Post

And Rory made it entertaining.
12/9/12 9:36 AM
Chaz Johnson

Rory is on the sauce his back is a constellation looks very similar to something I've seen many times. Phone Post
12/9/12 9:37 AM
6ULDV8
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That fight wasn't especially impressive for Rory though.  The clowning when it went still had to go to a decision was kind of retarded.

Don't know what to think of the kid yet, but certainly wasn't blown away by his performance.

12/9/12 10:10 AM
Smith1234
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forrest Spliffn -  Bj looked like a flabby kid beside rory tonite.
Nate was also outclassed by superior athleticism.

People will say " body shape and genetics" but bj was not in the shape someone who does what he does for a living has to be in. He just needs to carry more muscle and less fat while at the same time having better cardio. That's at 55 too.

Henderson on the other hand could have fought 20 rounds tonight. That man must run a ton of miles. On a scale of slow crawl to full sprint it appeared this fight against Nate registered as a leisurely stroll for Ben. The few times Nate would gain any kind of position Ben had the cardio and speed to blast out of a scramble. That shit is hard to do when you get tired and he clearly was never tired.

Benson and Rory showcased the power of conditioning, smart planning and technique tonight. Strength and cardio is a martial art of its own that like bjj or mt must be a priority in this day and age. Phone Post

I generally agree. BJ is so far off where he should be in terms of preparation. This may be taking it to far, but BJ is disrespecting the whole sport by not putting his best foot forward.

I love BJ. But let's face facts. Half assing it and not living up to your potential is the exact opposite of greatness. 

If GSP lost to Condit after long layoff and serious injury, based on how some of you interpret BJ (and Shogun for that matter) then his stock would go up more then manning up in rehab and winning. And you would denigrate Condit for beating GSP when not at his best.

Let me sum up this way: BJ chooses to fight at 170. BJ chooses to have non elite cardio. BJ chooses to have bad or no gameplan. His fans should be disappointed, not making excuses.

12/9/12 10:17 AM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/9/12 10:23 AM
bhealthy

OP if you are looking for a show of respect, watch how nice Marquart acts after he KTFO of rory.
12/9/12 10:24 AM
sside maurice
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not concerned about disrespect. I just wish he had pushed harder for the finish instead of dancing and clinching.

He dominated the first round and gassed BJ out. With 10 minutes left to finish him, sustained pressure would have done it. He tried to finish briefly when he had him hurt with the body shots but then backed off. To see him work so little in the clinch that the ref needed to break them was disappointing.

He didn't deserve to get booed like that, though.
12/9/12 10:29 AM
ausgepicht

lol@the excuse factory. BJ was in shape, Rory PUNISHED his body. As a coping mechanism for denial BJ nuthuggers resort to "He wasn't motivated/in shape." That's up there with the Easter Bunny and Santa. Phone Post
12/9/12 10:35 AM
sleepybear70
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Darth Ryase - 
RustyTrombone - He's 23 dude. Everyone does stupid shit when they're young. Hopefully he'll cut it out but if I was as talented as Rory I'd probably be cocky too Phone Post
It's not like this is typical behavior for Rory. This is what happens when you throw around steroid accusations and talk down on a fighter on a personal level. He's never behaved like this before and I doubt he'll do it again. Phone Post

this....and the fact that BJ has a hate for his team which Rory seems (and should be) very loyal to
12/9/12 10:46 AM
Osbot

The worst part about Rory show boating, was that he looked like an uncoordinated dork. It goes to show how much of an impact rote mechanized repetition has. He looks slick when he throws left hooks to the body and switch kicks. He looks like he could fall over trying to tie his shoelaces when he does something as seemingly simple as the Ali shuffle!

Anyways.

BJ got shit slammed in this fight. It wasn't competitive and people saying BJ wasn't in shape are just engaging full rationalization. BJ looked bad, because Rory looked way better.

BJ's problem is his mind. Stop trying to prove to the world what a badass you are by fighting guys you realistically have no shot to beat based on size.

BJ's career is literally the personification of "The Shot" in Tin Cup.

Eventually BJ, if you keep calling out guys way bigger than you, you might actually win one. However, even if you do finally win one, you're going to be remembered for being the only guy with the nick name "Prodigy" that has a near .500 record.
12/9/12 11:40 AM
Godmode
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory looked great, but there's a big list of fighters who possess the tools to beat him... Let's not forget about:

Diaz
Maia
Fitch
Hendricks
Koscheck
Shields
Thiago Alves
Erick Silva
Condit
Marquardt
Woodley
12/9/12 1:46 PM
Colboyo
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When Penn was gassed, beaten up, and discouraged the excessive showboating became unnecacary
12/9/12 1:54 PM
Jaybrone
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Formulate Infinity - If he didnt outweigh BJ by 20lbs...maybe it wouldnt have bothered me as much.

If he was able to put away the much smaller/older man after the goofy show-boating....maybe it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

If you aren't able to finish the guy then stop acting like a jackass and throw more punches instead of doing some silly looking shit that doesnt end the fight.
The only problem I had with Rory and how he acted was this. He had penn in terrible shape several times and should have ended it. Phone Post
12/9/12 4:33 PM
Enemies

The things he learned after fighting a Diaz brother, eh...
12/9/12 5:07 PM
bruised
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 5:07 PM

Oh, wah.  But as others have said, after he made it personal with Tri-Star, said that GSP (Rory's mentor), said that Rory was on Roids and oh yeah, licks blood off his gloves after each win, you really think that begs respect?

Guess what, BJ isn't crying, so move on.

12/9/12 5:15 PM
Jambo888
595 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're gonna dish it, you better be able to take it... But yeah, I prefer fighters to keep it classy and professional in general 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.