UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> the utter disrespect Rory showed BJ...

12/10/12 12:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jaybrone - 
Formulate Infinity - If he didnt outweigh BJ by 20lbs...maybe it wouldnt have bothered me as much.

If he was able to put away the much smaller/older man after the goofy show-boating....maybe it wouldn't have bothered me as much.

If you aren't able to finish the guy then stop acting like a jackass and throw more punches instead of doing some silly looking shit that doesnt end the fight.
The only problem I had with Rory and how he acted was this. He had penn in terrible shape several times and should have ended it. Phone Post

On the other hand though, nobody has ever knocked BJ down. Rorry might have come the closest.

People are only complaining because they love BJ so much (which is understandable). But, people need to have the same standards when it comes to somebody like either Diaz or Bispbing spitting on people.

Even a late hit is much more despicable.
12/10/12 12:52 AM
Lex_o

Rory Mc vs Erik Silva Mw vs MW stop serving people to Rory
12/10/12 1:02 AM
caseharts
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lex_o - Rory Mc vs Erik Silva Mw vs MW stop serving people to Rory

bj called him out

12/10/12 1:59 AM
Lex_o

BJ calling Rory out through an exec that went through Rory's people that then told Rory seems like its going through too many people to not sounds fishy BJ had lil to nothing to gain except $$$
12/10/12 3:39 AM
Capslock17ny
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME popular or "legendary" fighter loses people find some reason to say that his opponent was disrespectful. In 80% of cases, it's a knee-jerk reaction to their favorite fighter getting handled.

I've been a fan for years. I love BJ Penn. Great fighter who I really wish would stick to 155 and make another run. But to be perfectly honest...

BJ Penn is one of the LEAST LIKELY fighters to be respectful to his opponents.

I don't give a flying fuck about his record. I don't care how legendary he is, or that he paved the way for the new breed. The fact remains that he talks a lot of shit before every fight he has. If he happens to actually lose, he almost ALWAYS blames it on the other fighter being a cheater. He literally licks his opponent's blood off of his gloves if he gets a finish.

If I fought that guy and was winning, FUCK HIS FEELINGS. Legend be damned, fuck his feelings. BJ's diehard fans are all butt-hurt about Rory taunting, but say NOTHING about him muttering "I'M GONNA KILL YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!" over and over during the fight introductions.

So let's get this straight. BJ claims Rory is on steroids. They BOTH agree to random VADA testing, and they BOTH pass. Rory pulls out of the fight due to injury, and BJ goes on and on about him "pulling out because he cycled his steroids badly".

Rory heals up, and BJ gets all in his face during the weigh-ins. Then he says he's gonna kill him right before the fight starts. Rory then proceeds to HANDLE BJ for all 3 rounds, and now you wanna bring up RESPECT?!? Get the fuck outta here.

Newsflash. Being one of the greatest fighters ever isn't a free excuse to say and do whatever you want without consequence. He deserves all the credit in the world for his accomplishments, but dude is not Jesus Christ. He's a fighter like anyone else.

BJ Penn talks more shit, does more disrespectful shit, and makes more excuses for losses than almost anyone else in the sport. Last night, he got his ass kicked by a young fighter who he shouldn't have even been in the same weightclass with. That is all.

Rory's 3 taunts were nothing compared to the shit BJ did. People just don't know how to handle their hero getting his head ripped off, so they make a big deal out of everything the other guy does when he loses. It's the main reason why Jones and GSP are hated on, and it's bullshit.

Fighters lose. No one is impervious to defeat, young or old. That's the game. Get used to it or shut your mouth. You motherfuckers shame the sport with your biased bullshit. If Rory really wanted to, he'd have killed him in the 2nd Round and you all would've talked about how disrespectful his last strike on the ground was. It never ends. Be a fan of the SPORT, not just one fighter. BJ lost. Life continues.
12/10/12 5:29 AM
r_o_y

Disrespectful? Wasn't that long ago Penn was licking his opponents blood. Lol! Come on man get real...
12/10/12 8:34 AM
OverKiller
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares, was rooting for BJ, but Rory backed up his words big time and I see no need for being butthurt over some "showboating" it's not like it is against the rules and BJ have his own licking of blood and other stuff he has done over the years, it aint soccer. I give him a thumb up for exitement, BJ shouldn't have competed against him in the first place.

12/10/12 8:37 AM
majikman
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Capslock17ny - Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Every time, and I mean EVERY TIME popular or "legendary" fighter loses people find some reason to say that his opponent was disrespectful. In 80% of cases, it's a knee-jerk reaction to their favorite fighter getting handled.

I've been a fan for years. I love BJ Penn. Great fighter who I really wish would stick to 155 and make another run. But to be perfectly honest...

I don't give a flying fuck about his record. I don't care how legendary he is, or that he paved the way for the new breed. The fact remains that he talks a lot of shit before every fight he has. If he happens to actually lose, he almost ALWAYS blames it on the other fighter being a cheater. He literally licks his opponent's blood off of his gloves if he gets a finish.

If I fought that guy and was winning, FUCK HIS FEELINGS. Legend be damned, fuck his feelings. BJ's diehard fans are all butt-hurt about Rory taunting, but say NOTHING about him muttering "I'M GONNA KILL YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!" over and over during the fight introductions.

So let's get this straight. BJ claims Rory is on steroids. They BOTH agree to random VADA testing, and they BOTH pass. Rory pulls out of the fight due to injury, and BJ goes on and on about him "pulling out because he cycled his steroids badly".

Rory heals up, and BJ gets all in his face during the weigh-ins. Then he says he's gonna kill him right before the fight starts. Rory then proceeds to HANDLE BJ for all 3 rounds, and now you wanna bring up RESPECT?!? Get the fuck outta here.

Newsflash. Being one of the greatest fighters ever isn't a free excuse to say and do whatever you want without consequence. He deserves all the credit in the world for his accomplishments, but dude is not Jesus Christ. He's a fighter like anyone else.

BJ Penn talks more shit, does more disrespectful shit, and makes more excuses for losses than almost anyone else in the sport. Last night, he got his ass kicked by a young fighter who he shouldn't have even been in the same weightclass with. That is all.

Rory's 3 taunts were nothing compared to the shit BJ did. People just don't know how to handle their hero getting his head ripped off, so they make a big deal out of everything the other guy does when he loses. It's the main reason why Jones and GSP are hated on, and it's bullshit.

Fighters lose. No one is impervious to defeat, young or old. That's the game. Get used to it or shut your mouth. You motherfuckers shame the sport with your biased bullshit. If Rory really wanted to, he'd have killed him in the 2nd Round and you all would've talked about how disrespectful his last strike on the ground was. It never ends. Be a fan of the SPORT, not just one fighter. BJ lost. Life continues.
This Phone Post
12/10/12 8:58 AM
Smith1234
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Capslock17ny - Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

. Phone Post
12/10/12 9:15 AM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Look, we are all pretty devastated here at the UG by the shocking behavior we witnessed last weekend by that dastardly Canadian. (Ugh. I cannot even bring myself to mention his name). We should be willing to make an extra special effort to reach out and offer emotional support to our fellow posters as we begin the process of recovery from this traumatic event. I have no doubt that we will get through this together and emerge stronger than ever before.

Let the ugliness of Saturday night be but a distant fading memory. Let the healing begin.
12/10/12 9:45 AM
Siege Weapon

Edited: 12/10/12 9:47 AM
I think the only thing Rory did that was disrespectful was allowing that to go to a decision. He could have easily finished BJ in every round. More than once BJ was crumpled on the fence bent over motionless. Seemed pretty obvious to me that Rory let it go the full 3 rounds just to punish and embarrass BJ, but BJ called Rory out, talked a lot of trash (as usual), and has no business fighting at WW.
12/10/12 12:27 PM
ausgepicht

Capslock17ny - Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

VTFU for that. Was brilliant and spot on. Some psychologist should do a case study on the cargo cult that is BJ fanboydom. They epitomize hypocrisy, zealousness, and denial. I don't know if douchebaggery is a term a psychologist would use, so I'll leave it out.

12/10/12 12:38 PM
r_o_y

Capslock17ny - Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Voted up
12/10/12 12:54 PM
bhealthy

Edited: 12/10/12 12:54 PM
fake-mma niche-sport may be the only one where popular = legendary. even skateboarders know better.
12/10/12 1:20 PM
suess
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bhealthy - fake-mma niche-sport may be the only one where popular = legendary. even skateboarders know better.

better post this in every thread you see so everyone knows how serious you are

12/10/12 4:04 PM
Eliddle
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Megatherium - And don't be Canadian. Folks expect better of you than that. You didn't see Wayne Gretzky or Bobby orr acting cocky like that. Nor even GSP, AND HE"S FRENCH!!??!!

Uh Gretzky was one of the biggest whiners/shit talkers to ever play hockey.
12/10/12 4:26 PM
trishstratus

It just shows he has a lot of growing up to do. Was it immature? Yes. Did he cost himself sponsorship dollars. Definitely. He learned to fight with GSP but didn't learn how to behave.
12/10/12 5:33 PM
Bananatoles
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

getting a win over a great like bj surely hurt his value to the sponsors..... surely....

back to the og

12/10/12 9:50 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bananatoles -

getting a win over a great like bj surely hurt his value to the sponsors..... surely....

back to the og

yeah I'm going back too. fuck this place. I posted my opinion, no trolling, no bashing, and I got frozen for 2 days.

FUCK THE UG. Phone Post
12/10/12 9:55 PM
suess
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you act like a bitch on the OG i'm sure they'll vote you down too.  

12/10/12 10:02 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

suess -

if you act like a bitch on the OG i'm sure they'll vote you down too.  

how did I act like a bitch? by saying I disliked rorys disrespect?

I'm not even a Penn fanboy. I just don't like young punks like him and the Diaz boys.

all of Rorys fagboys got the Canadian pantaloons in a bunch.

sorry guys. Rory is awesome. I love him. especially his Ali impression in front of a done fighter and then didn't finish him. love that. Phone Post
12/10/12 10:11 PM
suess

can you tell me why he owed BJ any respect at all?  BJ's behavior leading up to the fight pretty much earned him everything he got and more, IMO.  

12/10/12 11:09 PM
UGCTT_Capnsavem

suess -

can you tell me why he owed BJ any respect at all?  BJ's behavior leading up to the fight pretty much earned him everything he got and more, IMO.  

I think he owes the sport respect. he could have beat BJ with class and won a ton fans and respect by taking the high road. he chose to be a little self righteous punk and then to follow up with that "love me or hate me, I don't care" shit is dumb. but hey.. he wants to play the heel, so be it. I don't like him as a fighter for that, and can't wait to see him get beat. Phone Post
12/10/12 11:12 PM
suess

i guess that's where we differ.  i like him as a fighter for the way he fights.  his behavior was warranted because of the way BJ treated him prior to the fight starting.  it was harmless, i mean who did he hurt aside from a bunch of feelings on the internet?  

if all it takes for you to dislike an exciting fighter like Rory is a little shuffle, well i don't really think you enjoy MMA for the fighting.  just my humble opinion, of course. 

12/10/12 11:13 PM
Megatherium
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a privilege for men to beat the shit out of each other in their underwear for the entertainment of the masses.

Rory needs to understand.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.