UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Need some windows 7 help

12/9/12 12:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chael Sonnen Money
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't get my Samsung laptop, running on windows 7, to shut down properly. Any help? Phone Post
12/9/12 1:17 AM
HEMAN
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You got to be more specific. When you select start to shutdown what occurs? Additionally, this topic needs to be dump to the IT ground.
12/9/12 1:32 AM
Chael Sonnen Money
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, I click shutdown, and from there, it goes through the regular shutdown process, but it gets stuck at the windows login looking page with a spinning wheel and the words "shutting down" Phone Post
12/9/12 2:01 AM
HEMAN
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Suggest you look in Event viewer (type eventvwr in search) go to the windows log>application tab and look for critical errors. They have red in the left hand column. Look for errors that contain app hang, app crash, etc.
12/9/12 2:25 AM
Chael Sonnen Money

Thanka Phone Post
12/9/12 1:54 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

Alright, I found a new problem. I can only open programs for the first 5 minutes I'm on my laptop, than nothing. And if I'm on the Internet (I use chrome) than it pretty much stops working. Phone Post
12/9/12 3:12 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

Chael Sonnen Money - Alright, I found a new problem. I can only open programs for the first 5 minutes I'm on my laptop, than nothing. And if I'm on the Internet (I use chrome) than it pretty much stops working. Phone Post
And when this happens, the rest of the computer slows down, coup be iTunes, or utorrent, or mcafee, but it slows down like crazy. Phone Post
12/9/12 3:49 PM
BigWilliam
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When was the last time you had it thoroughly checked for viruses and malware? I would dump mcafee and get either Avast or Kaspersky for viruses and get malwarebytes for spyware/malware. Get a good scan done because it sounds like you have a nasty infection there.
12/9/12 3:54 PM
BigWilliam
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm, skip avast, AVG is the one I meant.
12/9/12 4:07 PM
Zenoplata
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tony Stark could help you I bet.

12/9/12 7:50 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

Zenoplata -

Tony Stark could help you I bet.

He was my first choice, but I couldnt get a hold of him so.I came here Phone Post
12/9/12 10:21 PM
HEMAN

Are you seeding anything?

How long did you have this Samsung?

How much RAM?

You may want to start deleting unused application programs. It maybe running taking up RAM. Additionally, select START and type CHECK FOR UPDATEs. You may want to see if Windows 7 need to update certain files.
12/10/12 10:40 AM
BigWilliam

That is a good question, if you are not running at LEAST 4 gig on that machine you just do not have the horsepower. I always recommend 8 gig on a windows 7 machine. Memory is cheap and that much will give you plenty of room to spare.
12/10/12 11:12 AM
Stickgrappler
1960 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael Sonnen Money -  Can't get my Samsung laptop, running on windows 7, to shut down properly. Any help? Phone Post

Can't believe no GGer replied with:

"Wrong Forum Liefeld"

----------

If you posted to the ITGround, you probably could've gotten a quicker reply. But sounds like HEMAN and BigWilliam got your back. Good luck!

12/10/12 11:28 AM
BigWilliam

Honestly the IT ground probably would not have replied at all. I have posted some stuff there and never gotten a single reply. GG is the friendly group!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.