UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Where does this new power of JMM come from ?

12/9/12 1:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DefenseSoapFan1
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 1:25 AM

Both the knock down and the knock out were full power shots right on the chin that Manny didn't see coming.  And on the final punch he jumped right into it.

12/9/12 1:30 AM
williepep
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DefenseSoapFan1 - 

Both the knock down and the knock out were full power shots right on the chin that Manny didn't see coming.  And on the final punch he jumped right into it.

Not denying this.
12/9/12 1:37 AM
PoundforPound
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 1:38 AM
Marquez offered to take any tests that Team Pacquiao wanted. Just as long as Manny took them too.

Needless to say there was no testing. So if JMM got away with roiding then Manny has no one to blame but himself.
12/9/12 1:42 AM
Gregg Roach
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PoundforPound - Marquez offered to take any tests that Team Pacquiao wanted. Just as long as Manny took them too.

Needless to say there was no testing. So if JMM got away with roiding then Manny has no one to blame but himself.

I'm sad Pac lost, but LOL if this is true.

12/9/12 1:56 AM
Vote me down
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did it on purpose to bait mayweather out to fight him thinking he's vulnerable that's the only way they will fight manny is a genius

12/9/12 1:57 AM
Gregg Roach
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ObamaCare - I think manny heard the 10second warning and decided to coast til the round ended.

See, I thought the opposite- the prev. rounds they were really going at it til the bell.  I think Pac got knocked out for NOT COASTING til the end (of a round he won), which is why he leaped face-first into an overhand right at the last second.

12/9/12 1:59 AM
lockon
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 1:59 AM
-
12/9/12 2:01 AM
lockon
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

Sucks because Pac looked great tonight otherwise, and I doubt I'm alone in thinking he was closing in on stopping JMM.

You're definitely alone in thinking that.

Also, Marquez has always had power. You might not have noticed it if you've only watched his fights with Marquez, but he absolutely can punch.
12/9/12 2:06 AM
FCFBlazer

Hmmm Phone Post
12/9/12 2:07 AM
El_Varaco
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lockon -
orcus - 

Sucks because Pac looked great tonight otherwise, and I doubt I'm alone in thinking he was closing in on stopping JMM.

Also, Marquez has always had power. You might not have noticed it if you've only watched his fights with Marquez, but he absolutely can punch.
Bullshit manny led all cards before the ko

Compubox also had him in the lead

He just got caught Phone Post
FCFBlazer

And LOL at those that thought PAC would beat Floyd! Phone Post
daba

he's definitely on the juice but that was a picture perfect ounter
12/9/12 2:21 AM
lockon

El_Varaco - 
lockon -
orcus - 

Bullshit manny led all cards before the ko

Compubox also had him in the lead

He just got caught Phone Post

Compubox? OH NO!

I didn't say he wasn't in the lead, I implied I don't believe Manny was on his way to stopping Marquez, as JMM's been knocked down in SEVERAL fights only to rally later. If you've watched the back and forth, toe-to-toe exchanges in their previous fights you'd realize it's not so far fetched to believe Marquez was OK.
12/9/12 2:22 AM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marquez obviously on the gear but fuck if I care.

He looked like a pocket sized version of overeem.

I want the circus of testing to be done away with. Let professionals put whatever they can inti their body to aide them in their performances. They are pros with a small window of oppurtunity to make money from their body before it breaks down. Especially in combat sports.

Plus it leads to more exciting fights for the fans.

This hang up about ped use is silly. Phone Post
12/9/12 4:10 AM
Gregg Roach

PhallicObjekt -  Marquez obviously on the gear but fuck if I care.

I want the circus of testing to be done away with. Let professionals put whatever they can inti their body to aide them in their performances. They are pros with a small window of oppurtunity to make money from their body before it breaks down. Especially in combat sports.

If fighters (and other athletes) were allowed to just use whatever they wanted, you'd have full-on mutants in the ring.  It'd be Capcom vs. Marvel in there.  Then again, it would be exciting to see Beast vs. Blanka . . .

12/9/12 4:15 AM
Wasa-B
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

He had JMM holding on pretty hard in round 3 or 4 but....JMM, warrior that he is, never backed or even held on and kept on firing...that was an incredible exchange. Both guys did not hold back and really went for it.
12/9/12 5:21 AM
lockon

Wasa-B - 
orcus - 

He had JMM holding on pretty hard in round 3 or 4 but....JMM, warrior that he is, never backed or even held on and kept on firing...that was an incredible exchange. Both guys did not hold back and really went for it.

The first two rounds might've gone to Pacquiao, but weren't incredibly lopsided or dominant by any means. IIRC Marquez actually knocked MANNY down in the 3rd round, so I doubt he was exactly "holding on" there. Obviously Manny returned the favor, but all three cards had Pacquiao up by a whole 1 point before the knock out. Once again a very even fight up until JMM's convincing finish.

Appreciate your recognizing JMM's willingness to stand and trade with Pacquiao, despite detractors saying it would be his obvious downfall to even attempt that.
12/9/12 5:27 AM
alewaboy52
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its pretty impressive considering hes taken the best shots cotto and margarito had to offer and theyre much bigger stonger punchers
12/9/12 5:29 AM
TenOfSwords
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe it's Cowher Power - which the Eagles could use right now!

12/9/12 6:20 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
419 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That punch would've ko'd a small grizzly bear. Pacquiao ran right into it Phone Post
12/9/12 7:01 AM
yabadaba
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 7:03 AM

4 years ago:

JMM Now:

Pacquiao Now:

12/9/12 4:28 PM
williepep
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for the other threads and articles on the topic.
12/9/12 9:04 PM
aarick161

yabadaba - 

4 years ago:

JMM Now:

Pacquiao Now:

These pics don't tell you anything. They are all weigh-in pics where the fighters are super-dehydrated. Posting post rehydration pics would by much more meaningful.
12/9/12 9:09 PM
tres_equis_666
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gregg Roach -
PhallicObjekt -  Marquez obviously on the gear but fuck if I care.

If fighters (and other athletes) were allowed to just use whatever they wanted, you'd have full-on mutants in the ring.  It'd be Capcom vs. Marvel in there.  Then again, it would be exciting to see Beast vs. Blanka . . .

I would enjoy this only if they would do Wolverine-style infinite air combos. Phone Post
12/9/12 9:09 PM
lockon

^ They had Manny and Marquez's weight ON the night of the fight, and IIRC Manny is the one who rehydrated up to 151 while Marquez got up to 147.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.