UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana wants BJ to retire

12/9/12 2:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MachidasStraightLeft
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Per MMA Junkie.  Go to 155 BJ.

12/9/12 2:33 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to see him retire. I can't watch that again Phone Post
12/9/12 2:36 AM
daba
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, they said he had the passed Tito Ortiz for most time in the Octagon and it was something like 5 hours plus. I think BJ could still beat a number of guys in the UFC, he's obviously past his prime and I would argue has been past his prime for years. He's not at the level of a contender anymore and you'd have to think a guy like him doesn't want to keep fighting unless he's in the mix as one of the top fighters.
12/9/12 2:45 AM
The Overseer
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want him too but at the same time, I really don't want him to retire. Phone Post
12/9/12 2:51 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

1 fight at 155 to see if it was really the size difference. Jeremy Stephens.

12/9/12 2:58 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash -

1 fight at 155 to see if it was really the size difference. Jeremy Stephens.

What is he fighting for at this point if he's against Jeremy Stevens? Not worth it. He doesn't need to prove anything. Phone Post
12/9/12 2:59 AM
da Vinci 81
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's got nothing left to prove. He definitely shouldn't fight again at 170 and even at 155 I don't think he'd make a run at the title anymore.
12/9/12 3:03 AM
Mihow
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never understood 'nothing left to prove' I'm sure about 100$ sounds great. If he still loves it go for it

what I don't want to see is another unrealistic matchup. Not saying he shouldn't have taken this fight but fighting someone in the top 20 @ 155 sounds right if he still wants to bang Phone Post
12/9/12 3:18 AM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want him to retire. His last two fights were brutal to watch as a fan. He was frozen on both. It was sad :( Phone Post
12/9/12 3:26 AM
DoubleBACO

LOL, There is nothing at 155 he has done to say he should retire. Losing close matches against Edgar, oh no now you aren't even UFC worthy in 155 and should retire....wtf

BJ is a badass and should continue to fight
12/9/12 5:17 AM
dirtstyle
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One last fight at 155lbs vs Aldo, one more matchup we want to see then retire Phone Post
12/9/12 5:18 AM
warez
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's too small with too few of tools to fight WW. His glory days against Matt Hughes are over with the current evolution of the sport, with fighters today having more offensive weapons compared with the previous generation of wrestlers who couldn't strike and couldn't take BJ down, he was able to stalemate a lot of big wrestlers in the day. His time has passed. Even at 155, he would just be a gatekeeper. Bendo or little Diaz would just pound on him. I've been a BJ fan his entire career, but it's time to realize he'll never wear the belt again.
12/9/12 7:36 AM
Jonesbonedpage

dirtstyle - One last fight at 155lbs vs Aldo, one more matchup we want to see then retire Phone Post
Come on man bj will get destroyed by Aldo ! We've seen him get badly beaten in his last two fights give him jim miller or someone he actually can compete with ! Or let the man retire I don't want I see him get beat like that again Phone Post
12/9/12 7:59 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

He should retire or atleast fight guys on his level, certainly nobody in the top 10 as that is disrespectful to BJ to basically give a guaranteed win to a contender who can be one of many to throw a BJ win on his resume
12/9/12 8:13 AM
bemsqua
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My only problem is Dana is the one who has allowed all of these fights to happen. I get that BJ is a warrior and will fight anyone, but I think its Dana's job to protect a fighter from himself. All of these beatdowns have come at 170. BJ had no chance last night. Rory looked like he was in another weight class compared to BJ. The same thing happened with Diaz. BJ should not be fighting in the 170 class....period. Dana's always talking how he loves these guys....he should have told BJ he has to stay at 155. That didn't happen because of the two losses to Edgar and BJ's name and willingness to fight anyone means money for the UFC. If he were at 155, BJ would be competitive with anyone. Dana shouldn't be telling him to retire....Dana should only have him fight in the weight division where he belongs.
12/9/12 8:43 AM
mr nemo

It's time I'm sad to say,always sad when a great fighter reaches that point.
12/9/12 8:47 AM
Lazer MMA

At least he always had the balls to fight anyone? WTF can say that these days?
12/9/12 8:49 AM
Blazing Knees

He's 1-4-1 in hiz last 6 and his face was mush in all of those except one and in two divisions. The reason he's at 170 is becausee he can't beat Benson or Edgar. It's time to retire

12/9/12 8:51 AM
Megatherium
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana was crazy to book the MacDonald fight.

Time to do what is right and necessary.
12/9/12 8:56 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

155 or retirement.

I'm sorry but BJ should never, ever fight at 170 again. He is just too small... Phone Post
12/9/12 9:10 AM
Chomas
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's got to be 155 or he's done he's too small for 170 that was tough to watch. And if he thinks he can just jab for 3 rounds and that is fine he needs to retire. Phone Post
12/9/12 9:24 AM
The_Spider
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -  155 or retirement.

I'm sorry but BJ should never, ever fight at 170 again. He is just too small... Phone Post

This. The size difference between him and Rory was huge, like 2 weight classes apart.
12/9/12 9:24 AM
The_Spider
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -  155 or retirement.

This. The size difference between him and Rory was huge, like 2 weight classes apart.
12/9/12 11:19 PM
Enemies

He doesn't need to retire. He needs to go back to 155.

I mean, Rory went town on Nate. Nate goes to 155, wins a few, gets a title shot. Now that Rory has done the same to BJ, I have no doubt that if he went down to 155 he'd get himself another title shot.

Rory, gatekeeper to the 155 pound upper echelon? ;)
12/9/12 11:21 PM
Silverball
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bemsqua - My only problem is Dana is the one who has allowed all of these fights to happen. I get that BJ is a warrior and will fight anyone, but I think its Dana's job to protect a fighter from himself. All of these beatdowns have come at 170. BJ had no chance last night. Rory looked like he was in another weight class compared to BJ. The same thing happened with Diaz. BJ should not be fighting in the 170 class....period. Dana's always talking how he loves these guys....he should have told BJ he has to stay at 155. That didn't happen because of the two losses to Edgar and BJ's name and willingness to fight anyone means money for the UFC. If he were at 155, BJ would be competitive with anyone. Dana shouldn't be telling him to retire....Dana should only have him fight in the weight division where he belongs.

Well said.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.