UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> Pro wrestlers who couldn't handle their push

12/9/12 5:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RUSRedDevil
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who are some pro wrestlers who couldn't handle their push? My three who come to mind

Alex Wright/Berlyn- soo much of a push had the hot valet went nowhere.

Glacier- spent all that money on production and vignettes and nothing

Tensai- put him over super Cena and still couldn't main event Phone Post
12/9/12 6:17 AM
cawsie77
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Billy Gunn Phone Post
12/9/12 6:22 AM
nipperusa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is debatable, but goldust had a lot of money spent on him and it wasn't really successful long term Phone Post
12/9/12 9:00 AM
dangerboy12
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luger and Sid Justice IMO.

They were given huge, face of the company pushes on more than one occasion, and screwed them all up.
12/9/12 10:00 AM
roninthebox
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nipperusa - This is debatable, but goldust had a lot of money spent on him and it wasn't really successful long term Phone Post
Look at what gimmick he had not the greatest to work with for the grandson of a plumber Phone Post
12/9/12 10:22 AM
Blott Scevins
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kofi. Phone Post
12/9/12 10:30 AM
instantkarma
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Ultimate Warrior couldn't handle the world title push. Phone Post
12/9/12 10:48 AM
roninthebox
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

instantkarma - The Ultimate Warrior couldn't handle the world title push. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
12/9/12 11:33 AM
Philanderer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luger. He was supposed to go over Yokozuna, but screwed it up shooting his mouth off and giving away the ending at a bar.
12/9/12 11:45 AM
cawsie77
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

roninthebox -
nipperusa - This is debatable, but goldust had a lot of money spent on him and it wasn't really successful long term Phone Post
Look at what gimmick he had not the greatest to work with for the grandson of a plumber Phone Post
Wasn't the gimmick purposely set up as a dig to Dusty? Phone Post
12/9/12 11:49 AM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obviously this is just my opnions and they don't mean too much...

Alex Wright/Berlyn was getting over but if I remember correctly WCW scrapped it because he wore a trench coat and it was around the columbine time.

I think they screwed Goldust up when they tried to turn him face. The gimick lost it all there and they have never recaptured that twistedness

The Ultimate Warrior is a good example because he was suppose to replace Hogan as the next big thing and although he was over already he was not the face of the company they had hoped for.

Some others that come to mind
Tommy Rich
Bart Gunn
BoB Holly (way too many chances to get over)
Matt Morgan (see above)
Layla (much better as a heel)

Some of these are due to company mistakes by changing what was working and some are too much stock in the wrestler to begin with.
12/9/12 11:49 AM
Stryfe
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 11:49 AM
Double post, my apologies
12/9/12 12:16 PM
Winky is Wright
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John Morrison
Nathan Jones
Vladamir Kozlov
R-Truth
Jeff Jarrett

Will add more later Phone Post
12/9/12 1:01 PM
Wee Bey Jr
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shelton Benjamin?

All the talent in the ring, but had trouble connecting with the audience on the mic. Phone Post
12/9/12 3:56 PM
nipperusa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cawsie77 -
roninthebox -
Wasn't the gimmick purposely set up as a dig to Dusty? Phone Post
I think thats just a myth, i really don't think all that money would be invested into such an elaborate dig Phone Post
12/9/12 4:14 PM
ArtMinaj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of that really wasn't all their fault.  Glacier was just a horrible idea to begin with and pretty laughable. 

12/9/12 4:42 PM
torquemada
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nathan Jones was my first thought. Phone Post
12/9/12 5:23 PM
RoyMunson
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Philanderer - Luger. He was supposed to go over Yokozuna, but screwed it up shooting his mouth off and giving away the ending at a bar.

THis^ Luger had his own frickin tour bus "The LEX EXPRESS"

12/9/12 5:31 PM
mattloveslamp
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very surprised nobody has mentioned Bobby Lashley yet so I'm adding him. Phone Post
12/9/12 6:16 PM
grizz632
540 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RoyMunson - 
Philanderer - Luger. He was supposed to go over Yokozuna, but screwed it up shooting his mouth off and giving away the ending at a bar.

THis^ Luger had his own frickin tour bus "The LEX EXPRESS"

He's still my hero...
12/9/12 6:23 PM
RoyMunson

Thanks Grizzz ROFL!!!!!!! VU

12/9/12 10:52 PM
SuperMannyFraker
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good thread idea!

What happened to Shane Douglas in his early 90s run in WWF? They seemed to have tried to push him, but he disappeared.
12/9/12 10:54 PM
fryabusa
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SuperMannyFraker - Good thread idea!

What happened to Shane Douglas in his early 90s run in WWF? They seemed to have tried to push him, but he disappeared.

His dad got real sick and Shane asked Vince if he could be let out of his contract to go home.

12/9/12 10:57 PM
legbender
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Great Khali yet. He killed the undertaker mid ring in his debut.

Last time I saw him, he was tapping out to DR in 2 minutes.
12/10/12 7:42 PM
Nuckin Futs
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone mentioned Tommy Rich. It's true that he didn't maintain his level of popularity for a extended period of time, but for a few years in the early 80's he was one of the most over guys in the business.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.