UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Undercard fighters take OTN bonuses

12/9/12 7:42 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The free TV main event card at UFC on FOX 5 was phenomenal - easily worthy of a PPV. And in a testament to the excellence of the entire card, all the $65,000 performance bonuses were awarded to the undercard!

Fight of the Night:
Scott Jorgensen and John Albert ($65,000/each)

Submission of the Night:
Scott Jorgensen ($65,000)

Knockout of the Night:
Yves Edwards ($65,000)

12/9/12 9:27 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MdGeist
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of the worst OTN picks of all time.

Of course you have to give SOTN to Jorgensen as he had the only sub. win on the whole card but FOTN too? I know it might seem special that Albert tapped at 4:59 of the 1st round but I don't see how the tap earns a FOTN award for a 1 round fight that was somewhat exciting with the sub. attempts and scrambles but nothing amazing.

Bendo/Diaz, Cruickshank/Martinez, Shogun/Gus, even Penn/Rory are all more worthy of FOTN than Jorgensen/Albert.

And Cruickshank really should have gotten KOTN. Not only was it a legitimate KO while Edwards/Stephens was more of a TKO, but a brutal well-timed head kick should weigh more than clipping some guy with a flash knockdown and finishing with strikes on the ground.  

12/9/12 9:28 AM
aritwo

Edited: 12/09/12 9:29 AM
i'm partial toward Yves getting the KO of the night for Marquezing Jeremy Stephens
12/9/12 9:31 AM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think FOTN was a good call its my fight of the night and yves had the 4th best KO tonight imo JMM>cruickshank>brown>yves cruickshank deserved the KOTN Phone Post
12/9/12 9:33 AM
OmgItsTheWams
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Goderson Silva - WHAT THE FUCK?

Daron Cruickshank should have got FOTN and KOTN.

How martinez never threatened him it was a good watch because of cruickshank jorgensen and Albert had so many back and forth moments that's why it got FOTN Phone Post
12/9/12 9:43 AM
6ULDV8

That's good, because the main card kind of sucked.

12/9/12 10:02 AM
BshMstr
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

really? i thought it was great.... some of the fights were more lopsided than i expected, but still very entertaining.
12/9/12 10:52 AM
raf_269
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats to Jorgensen. Gettin' paid. Nice.

12/9/12 11:03 AM
Enemies

Life changing. $130K for JOrgensen. Hope he's smart with it.
12/9/12 11:13 AM
brianlg

figured shogun/gus would be FOTN

2xbonuses for Scotty, not mad about it. Good to see the undercard fighters making extra money
12/9/12 11:28 AM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MdGeist - 

Of course you have to give SOTN to Jorgensen as he had the only sub. win on the whole card but FOTN too? I know it might seem special that Albert tapped at 4:59 of the 1st round but I don't see how the tap earns a FOTN award for a 1 round fight that was somewhat exciting with the sub. attempts and scrambles but nothing amazing.

Bendo/Diaz, Cruickshank/Martinez, Shogun/Gus, even Penn/Rory are all more worthy of FOTN than Jorgensen/Albert.

And Cruickshank really should have gotten KOTN. Not only was it a legitimate KO while Edwards/Stephens was more of a TKO, but a brutal well-timed head kick should weigh more than clipping some guy with a flash knockdown and finishing with strikes on the ground.  

Lol, are you for serious right now?  They definitely made the right call.  The fact that you're even mentioning Penn/Rory, Bendo/Diaz, or Cruickshank/Martinez is absurd.  I mean, MAYBE Shogun/Gus had a little more back and forth but it is called "Fight of the Night", not "most dominant one-sided victory of the night".  Jorgensen Albert was really the only back and forth match (albeit for one round) so an easy FOTN honors IMO.

I do agree with you that Kruickshank should've got KOTN but to be fair he had Martinez so rocked at that point it was just a matter of landing the next shot, Yves (IMO) showed more skill with his KO finish over Stephens.

12/9/12 12:14 PM
MdGeist

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler - 
MdGeist - 

Lol, are you for serious right now?  They definitely made the right call.  The fact that you're even mentioning Penn/Rory, Bendo/Diaz, or Cruickshank/Martinez is absurd.  I mean, MAYBE Shogun/Gus had a little more back and forth but it is called "Fight of the Night", not "most dominant one-sided victory of the night".  Jorgensen Albert was really the only back and forth match (albeit for one round) so an easy FOTN honors IMO.

I do agree with you that Kruickshank should've got KOTN but to be fair he had Martinez so rocked at that point it was just a matter of landing the next shot, Yves (IMO) showed more skill with his KO finish over Stephens.

Hey, they gave GSP/Condit FOTN which was about the most one-sided, GnP beat down session as you could imagine, aside from the one knockdown scored by Condit. GSP also has FOTN awards against Fitch and Koscheck which some of the judges scoring those fights 50-44 and 50-43, so one-sided domination FOTN awards aren't out of the ordinary.

I think Cruickshank/Martinez or Bendo/Diaz should have gotten FOTN last night. Maybe not Penn/Rory because that pace of the 3rd round really slowed, but I think its important to weigh the fact that one fighter takes an enormous amount of punishment yet doesn't mentaly give up and still continues to try to engage.

12/9/12 12:28 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Totaly in agreement on YVES EDWARDS getting KO of the night.

Cruikshanks was great also but .........YVES was against JEREMY STEPHENS a much more proven and high profile opponent who has fought some monsters and never been KO'ed.

Got to give Jorgensen credit for going for it and getting the sub but other better fights for FOTN. Dana must want to really reward Jorgensen for some reason, really likes him.
12/9/12 12:49 PM
BaraoKix

6ULDV8 - 

BJ or Shogun fan?
12/9/12 12:51 PM
6ULDV8

Sadly BJ, Shogun and Diaz fan.  Not a great night for me.

It hurt to watch.

12/9/12 1:05 PM
sparkuri

Cruickshank was FOTN & KOOTN, easily.

Politics.

I hope they make it right behind closed doors Phone Post
12/9/12 2:23 PM
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was a happy girl until the prelims started.  It says a lot about how a card turned out when all the bonuses go to the prelim guys.

I love Scotty, but I agree that the Shank/Martinez was FON.

But  I agree with Yves getting  the KON.  Every time Jeremy, throws a punch, you can feel the power.  I love both guys but congrats to Yves, the smoothest cat in el mundo.

12/9/12 7:26 PM
razrtyrone

MdGeist - 
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler - 
MdGeist - 

Hey, they gave GSP/Condit FOTN which was about the most one-sided, GnP beat down session as you could imagine, aside from the one knockdown scored by Condit. GSP also has FOTN awards against Fitch and Koscheck which some of the judges scoring those fights 50-44 and 50-43, so one-sided domination FOTN awards aren't out of the ordinary.

I think Cruickshank/Martinez or Bendo/Diaz should have gotten FOTN last night. Maybe not Penn/Rory because that pace of the 3rd round really slowed, but I think its important to weigh the fact that one fighter takes an enormous amount of punishment yet doesn't mentaly give up and still continues to try to engage.

GSP/Koscheck FOTN was voted by fans and it was a one time thing.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.