UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Alexander's chin

12/9/12 10:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mmamonstar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shogun landed solid shots and he walked thru them. now does shogun still have the power or is his chin that good Phone Post
12/9/12 10:33 AM
Bad Monkey
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rock head, IMO.

It may be premature, but I want to see this guy in there with Jones.

12/9/12 10:36 AM
mmamonstar

I don't know if his wrestling would be good enough for jones. I like how he would be all over him and in his face but I think Jon would take him down and gnp him
12/9/12 10:38 AM
DWTF
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was just waiting for one of shoguns power punches to take the legs out from Alexander but he stayed up like a champ.

This is one of those fights where shogun was doing everything right, but Gustoffson is that tough that it didn't matter.

I like Phil Davis, and its a shame they train together, but maybe its time for a rematch?
12/9/12 11:21 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gustaffson has a chin of granite!

I wouldn't expect anything less from a modern day Viking! Phone Post
12/9/12 12:00 PM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did not expect him to have a chin like that.
12/9/12 12:03 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He held up great against Shogun who definitely still has power. I don't quite remember but the only time I've seen Alex wobbled was when he was fighting Jared in his debut and he subsequently rallied and knocked him out anyway.
12/9/12 12:05 PM
hubris
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it was harder to hit him flush since he was so tall
12/9/12 12:11 PM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hubris - it was harder to hit him flush since he was so tall

^ This

I think Gus deflected a lot of those shots with his shoulder, and the ones that did land clean were at the absolute limit of shogun's punching range. 

12/9/12 12:14 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Thiago Silva also landed at least two heavy shots to Gustafsson's jaw. The Viking didn't even blink.
12/9/12 12:16 PM
jujubre
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was also impressed by his chin. Shogun was throwing homerun in his face and he was not even fazed. Phone Post
12/9/12 12:17 PM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude's legit.
12/9/12 12:22 PM
TommyRSU
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From a boxing and power perspective, you're going to lose power trying to hit taller opponents, especially with straight punches. Throwing overhand rights is a little different (think Roy Nelson vs Struve), but it still affects the end result.

That being said, shogun tagged him with some pretty good shots and I thought the same thing, he walked right through them.

Tommy Phone Post
12/9/12 12:34 PM
mmamonstar

who else should he fight to get the title shot, I'd like to see him against a strong wrestler like Rashad just to see how he would do Phone Post
12/9/12 12:37 PM
hubris
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they should give him the title shot instead of Chael. Hopefully Chael gets injured or something so Gustaffson can step in
12/9/12 12:41 PM
allforroy
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -
hubris - it was harder to hit him flush since he was so tall

^ This

I think Gus deflected a lot of those shots with his shoulder, and the ones that did land clean were at the absolute limit of shogun's punching range. 

And he's moving away from his opponent constantly. Whether with good head movement or his strike, create distance tactics. Phone Post
12/9/12 1:58 PM
hook_13
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wiggum - Did not expect him to have a chin like that.
^^^^^^ this
I kept thinking the same thing every time rua would land a clean hard one and gustof didn't even flinch. Phone Post
12/9/12 2:00 PM
Silva vs Fedor
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 2:03 PM
Yup. Eating shots like that from Shogun is no joke. I think Shogun most definitely still has the power those overhands he was slinging looked ruthless.I thought if Shogun showed up in prime form last night he would win. Rua looked great and I was wrong.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.