UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rory Mcdonald = No charisma

12/9/12 11:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
eazy24
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talk about a guy with no charisma whatsoever. I know the importand stuff is the actual fighting but this guy acts like a bully in the octagon, taunting a guy half his size in there. He gives the worst post fight monotone interview ive ever heard, and he shows no respect to his opponents.

God forbid one day he is actally champion. He is everything I dont like about a fighter. He cuts a huge amount of weight to fight guys alot smaller than him. Taunts those smaller opponents like a douche bully. He fights more for points than to finish. Then in the post fight interview instead of acknowledging the legend he just beat he immediately starts talking about a fight with carlos condit.

No wonder he gets boo'd. He doesnt get boo' d in a good way either like Josh koschek or Chael Sonnen. With Kos and Chael and even Tito, the fans love to hate them. With Rory Mcdonal the fans just hate him.
12/9/12 11:26 AM
6ULDV8
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesn't seem comfortable with being in the spotlight just yet, but he's young.  He could grow into it.

12/9/12 11:28 AM
NorthFromHere
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Sounds like you don't like the guy?
12/9/12 11:28 AM
Entreri

Most fans are a fickle bunch of whining bitches.

All that matters is the belt and earning $$$.
12/9/12 11:29 AM
Zaph
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's too bad he's planning to be a top guy in the WWE.

Oh wait...

12/9/12 11:31 AM
eazy24

Entreri - Most fans are a fickle bunch of whining bitches.

If thats all that matters he definitely needs more charisma. The more charismatic he is the more ppv buys he would sell.
12/9/12 11:32 AM
Entreri

eazy24 - 

If thats all that matters he definitely needs more charisma. The more charismatic he is the more ppv buys he would sell.

With that kind of hate, the haters will tune in to see him lose.
12/9/12 11:32 AM
eazy24

Cityboy - OP is an idiot!

VTFD

So you think Mcdonald does have charisma?.... lol what a moron.

12/9/12 11:34 AM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can respect most everything you said about him op.

He's what one would call "socially awkward". Personally I don't care about his lack of a charming personality, he's a pretty exciting fighter. I don't really care for the guys who bully other guys either, but this is fighting.

12/9/12 11:34 AM
Stuckey

If he was going to be a professional wrestler, then there might be a problem.
12/9/12 11:35 AM
ophusker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has no personality and it's fine but he needs to go with that, stop the dancing and the showboating and the smack talk etc. it just doesn't work for him doing that crap it comes off as weird because he has no style and charisma to him. He should just go out there like fedor and wallop people like a cold blooded sob.
12/9/12 11:35 AM
eazy24

Entreri - 
eazy24 - 

Well not really. Its more the guys you love to hate that you tune in to see lose, like Kos or Chael or even Lesnar. I dont know about you but I wouldnt buy a Ufc ppv right now with Mcdonald heading it.
12/9/12 11:36 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the terminator lack of emotion will be his gimmick

12/9/12 11:36 AM
Sprawl'n'Stall
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"He fights more for points than to finish"

Before BJ he finished his opponents for 12 of his 13 wins so...
12/9/12 11:37 AM
eazy24

TheAssMurderer - 

He's what one would call "socially awkward". Personally I don't care about his lack of a charming personality, he's a pretty exciting fighter. I don't really care for the guys who bully other guys either, but this is fighting.

He is a very good fighter. No denying that
12/9/12 11:38 AM
Winston Wolf
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

op is sore loser
12/9/12 11:38 AM
Entreri

eazy24 - 
Entreri - 
eazy24 - 

Well not really. Its more the guys you love to hate that you tune in to see lose, like Kos or Chael or even Lesnar. I dont know about you but I wouldnt buy a Ufc ppv right now with Mcdonald heading it.

I would buy a PPV with Rory heading it. He is a young and an exciting fighter.

GSP did state that Rory is better than him at that age.

You are crying about Rory cutting weight, lol...which is terrific. This is how dominate Rory is that a lot of people are already whining. Jones like.
12/9/12 11:39 AM
eazy24

ophusker - He has no personality and it's fine but he needs to go with that, stop the dancing and the showboating and the smack talk etc. it just doesn't work for him doing that crap it comes off as weird because he has no style and charisma to him. He should just go out there like fedor and wallop people like a cold blooded sob.

Exactly, its like he is trying to be something he is not and it makes him even more awkward
12/9/12 11:40 AM
eazy24

Cityboy - I agree he has no charisma but i voted you down because everything you wrote afterward was that of an absolute hater. Ab out 95% of your post

I wasnt hating, I was just calling it like I see it.
12/9/12 11:40 AM
Leck Brosnar

Nick Diaz does the same to Penn and headbutts him in the weighins "Fuck yeah 209 bitch slap goat", LOL.

BJ called Rory out and Rory beat him up and said he has always looked up to Penn and respect him.
12/9/12 11:41 AM
caposa
1833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't need charisma to be a successful fighter. Phone Post
12/9/12 11:43 AM
eazy24

Look Im not saying anything bad about the fighter. He is obviously very good. But When you are fighting a guy half your size why start shuffling your feet and dancing around?

On top of that he is not even good at showboating lol just makes him look awkward.

Just saying its no surprise why many dont like him. Its just an observation

12/9/12 11:44 AM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eazy24 - 
TheAssMurderer - 

He is a very good fighter. No denying that

Yeah, he's really good. Last night I was like, damn, this dude is solid. Can't wait for him to fight Fitch - I dunno if he can keep Fitch off of him. If he beats Fitch, only realistic fight for him is GSP.

Rory's not going to win any fans by taunting BJ in the cage or the flashy footwork - What's funny though, I love to see Diaz talking shit. Maybe because I know for sure that Nick's a little nuts lol. It really just depends on the guy. Some of these guys are just socially awkward, like Jon Jones. Nothing that comes out of their mouth sounds good on camera and they'll never win any fans. MMA needs heels and these guys are there to provide !

12/9/12 11:47 AM
eazy24

Entreri - 
eazy24 - 
Entreri - 
eazy24 - 

I would buy a PPV with Rory heading it. He is a young and an exciting fighter.

GSP did state that Rory is better than him at that age.

You are crying about Rory cutting weight, lol...which is terrific. This is how dominate Rory is that a lot of people are already whining. Jones like.

Im not whining at all. I'm just saying i dont thinks he has any charisma or class. He has alot to learn from Gsp. Im not really complaining so much about him cutting all that weight. Its just that he was so much biggre than penn, why start showboating? Congrats Rory you beat up a guy half your size lol. It would be more acceptable if he did it against a guy his own size.
12/9/12 11:48 AM
Standup29
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eazy24 -
Cityboy - I agree he has no charisma but i voted you down because everything you wrote afterward was that of an absolute hater. Ab out 95% of your post

I wasnt hating, I was just calling it like I see it.
And you stayed it in a very hater'ish manner.

I'm not calling you a hater but what you said was very hater'ish Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.