UnderGround Forums >> Why cameras pulled back at UFC on FOX 5

12/9/12 5:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vril
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/9/12 5:55 PM
NEWSFLASH
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was more annoyed at whoever was swearing on the sidelines, causing Rogan's commentary to get constantly muted. Several fights. Can't remember who it was now, but one of the fighters got their Buffer intro muted due to their cornerman yelling shit right behind him
12/9/12 6:04 PM
Ingo Weigold
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANUTS.COM, By Fans, For Fans!
Gay Phone Post
12/9/12 6:19 PM
chaplinshouse
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jps1012 - 
chaplinshouse -

also love the non stop sound mutes.  mma, faggotized. careful what u wish for

What was that about? Curses? Phone Post

yup.  mommy, bad word

12/9/12 6:35 PM
ufcman187

I was cracking up when the sound went off for about 30 seconds when Penn's corner was screaming cuss words while Bruce Buffer was announcing him. If you can read lips, you can see why it went silent lol. I figure they will be some fines to make it more pg
12/9/12 6:41 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seemed pretty obvious what was going on when me and my friends were watching it Phone Post
12/9/12 6:54 PM
stonepony

Nate should be glad they didn't show it. Made himself look like a fool. Although, the Diaz brothers don't just do this for no reason. It's not because they're street tards. It's a tactical move IMO, mental games. They win fights when their opponents plant their feet to trade with them. Same reason Nate knocked Cerrone's hat off, to draw him away from his gameplan and plant his feed and trade. It worked against Cerrone (Cerrone never would have been battered like that otherwise). Someone like Benson, or Georges, are too professional to fall for it though.
12/9/12 6:56 PM
stonepony

UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 

I was watching on Sportsnet in Canada.  I was on Fox originally and noticed a tape delay right away so switched over.  Thankfully in Canada a little finger doesn't offend our sensibilities.

You know there's a difference between network television and pay-tv right?
12/9/12 8:12 PM
Letibleu
1714 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TESTICLES!!!!
12/9/12 8:21 PM
blacksamurai

Heel Hooker - Pretty sure Dana will put the kybosh of fighters doing that anymore. Which to me is fine, can't do it MLB NFL or NHL either.
You can't punch kick and joint lock either derp.... Phone Post
12/9/12 8:24 PM
blacksamurai

JuicedBeast - He should be fined. That wouldn't fly in any other sporting events. Phone Post
Punches don't fly either Phone Post
12/9/12 8:26 PM
blacksamurai

tulistooth - A Diaz brother once again landed the most taunts and mean mugs in a televised match of things tuff guys like to do to look hard.
Don't 75% of the fighters in combat sports mean mug each other at the stare down? derp a derp Phone Post
12/9/12 8:27 PM
PrestigeWorldwide
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yet fox doesn't blur rob Ryan's mouth when he's screaming "fuck you" and "fuck yeah" on the sidelines during a cowboys game?!? Phone Post
12/9/12 8:28 PM
blacksamurai

Leck Brosnar - No one else is doing it than Nate, so how about NOT do it, especially when you're getting dominated?
How about just be yourself and keep it real... Phone Post
12/9/12 9:11 PM
WikiTheWalrus
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was a stock photo of an empty octogon and arena, not a pullback of the camera.
12/9/12 9:20 PM
Vril

Live TV is at least 10 seconds delayed.

12/9/12 9:27 PM
Hessian
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FOX delivered when the Phantom Cam caught close ups of shots landing cleanly at 20,000 frames per second.

More like 1400 fps but hey why write something with actual facts behind it.
12/9/12 9:30 PM
ChaosOverkill
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For a network that calls anyone with a social justice agenda an America hating terrorist they certainly are pussies when it comes to vulgarity in a fight

12/9/12 9:33 PM
ironbear
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

look its just plain stupid to be getting your ass handed to you and flipping off your opponent!! How about gettting to work on keeping Benson from landing friggin 200 shots.
12/9/12 9:40 PM
jps1012
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chaplinshouse -
jps1012 - 
chaplinshouse -

also love the non stop sound mutes.  mma, faggotized. careful what u wish for

What was that about? Curses? Phone Post

yup.  mommy, bad word

That's lame. Happens all the time in sports Phone Post
12/9/12 9:56 PM
Attila
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's ok to see two people beat each other senseless, but sticking up the middle finger? Now that's absolutely too much.
12/9/12 9:56 PM
MdGeist

Edited: 12/09/12 9:59 PM

You have to admit that the HD quality of UFC on Fox 5 was the best we've ever seen at a UFC event. It may have been just me, but the quality appeared to be superior to UFC 154.

I've got UFC events saved on my DVR from a year ago and you can tell that the quality of the HD cameras has improved significantly since then but this past event set the bar for the clarity and resolution of the HD video quality.

That Fox money is being put to good use in their production value.

I don't give two shits if the producers want to cut out some stuff here and there, everything ran really smooth for this event.

12/9/12 10:15 PM
chaplinshouse
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/12 10:15 PM

^i'm pretty sure you're keying in on the super slow mo fox cams they showed very few times.  aside from that it was regular ole' HD and if anything the production value was far less given the cutaways and audio drop outs

12/9/12 10:44 PM
ausgepicht

Dwight K Schrute - That was pissing me off. No need to censor something in the FIGHT business.

But....but, THINK OF THE CHILDREN. They will see that middle finger and these little angels will become corrupt!!!

12/9/12 11:02 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my tv is so large and hih def, i could still see the middle fingers in the pulled back shot

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.