UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why cameras pulled back at UFC on FOX 5

12/9/12 11:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jman
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm my feed in Taiwan (shown on Stars HD television) had no editing. So I saw the stuff with no zoom outs...but the audio sucked balls. I could barely hear Goldie and Rogan over the crowd noise. There is a SAP button to switch between Chinese and English, maybe that's why (default is CHinese).
12/9/12 11:26 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he flips the finger, the cameras can't linger:)

Cindy

12/10/12 12:47 AM
Letibleu
1661 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what if he broke his finger in the first round and it perma stuck out for the rest of the fight?
12/10/12 1:53 AM
CindyO

Hessian - FOX delivered when the Phantom Cam caught close ups of shots landing cleanly at 20,000 frames per second.

More like 1400 fps but hey why write something with actual facts behind it.

In an effort to show off their latest technology, Fox is planning to use the "Phantom Cam" this Saturday night at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz. The camera, which shoots 5,000 frames per second, was used during the World Series earlier this year.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/boxingmma/phantom-cam-will-be-used-ufc-fox-5

12/10/12 2:51 AM
s98ronin

The US is a strange place...
12/10/12 2:52 AM
Nakedwelshman
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva vs Fedor - I just don't understand what's going on between the ears of the suites that run these giant corporate companies. Don't they know that showing that finger would have created tons of buzz?

Imagine the mainstream fans
"Did you watch UFC on Fox last night?"
"No, I don't watch MMA."
"I don't either but I tuned in and this dude who was getting his ass whooped kept flipping the other dude off?"
"Seriously?"
"Yeah it was nuts."

Damn corporate suites!
Yeah I hate those suites too, especially the ones which get your new suit all creased ;) Phone Post
12/10/12 10:47 AM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
Hessian - FOX delivered when the Phantom Cam caught close ups of shots landing cleanly at 20,000 frames per second.

In an effort to show off their latest technology, Fox is planning to use the "Phantom Cam" this Saturday night at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz. The camera, which shoots 5,000 frames per second, was used during the World Series earlier this year.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/boxingmma/phantom-cam-will-be-used-ufc-fox-5

So I am incorrect according to where and what kind of TV I am using.

Still how does UG News come up with 20 000 fps Cindy?
12/10/12 11:07 AM
Kirik
1730 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

You make a lot of obnoxious posts, which is you I guess.

However, if you are going to be rude, at least be correct. The alternative is, well, you.

UFCONFOX ‏@UFCONFOX
The FOX PHANTOM CAM that we unveiled w/ @MLBONFOX during the World Series will make it's MMA debut at UFC ON FOX 5.

Fox used the Vision Research Phantom v642 throughout coverage of the National League Championship Series between the Giants and the Cardinals. The v642 captures images at 3,000 frames per second (fps), 100 times faster than a normal video camera, that shoots at around 30 fps.

For the World Series, Fox took it to the next level, with a super souped-up high-speed camera - the Phantom v1610 that can capture images at 20,000 fps.

12/10/12 11:09 AM
Lazer MMA

Giving a guy wiping the floor with your ass the finger. Does that even things out a bit?
12/10/12 12:32 PM
ausgepicht

s98ronin - The US is a strange place...

Conservative and fundamentalist Christians are behind things like the nipple slip and middle finger being the devil. It's SAD. They believe people, especially children will be corrupted by this devilry. Little Johnny will shoot up the town from the water tower if he sees a nipple. Atheists see nudity as beautiful and natural, theists see it as temptation and evil and usually quote Adam and Eve being covered up as why nudity is evil. SAD that these people...AS USUAL...know what is best for everyone else.

/rant

12/10/12 1:58 PM
Vril

12/10/12 2:09 PM
AndersonGOAT > Bisping
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay - 

Didn't pan away in the UK, lol.

Sure didn't lol, one of the funniest things i've ssen in an mma fight, it was better than the Cerrone one.

12/10/12 3:57 PM
Jason Reinhardt
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/10/12 3:59 PM
I will have to admit, i regret giving Joe Lauzon the middle finger as i'm caught in his (BJ's choke) where he trapped my other defending arm under his leg, giving me one hand to defend. It was too late, so instead i was so frustrated, and simply just out-classed, so i gave him the bird. Not too many even saw it, but the picture of me giving Lauzon the finger made it into a magazine. It shows it very clearly. I would actually like to have the pic if anyone can find it. I use to have the magazine it was in, but i misplaced it. My point is,I'm not like that in real life at all, and niether are the diaz brothers. cooler than hell. i would like to have that crazy pic though. :)
12/10/12 4:06 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva vs Fedor - I just don't understand what's going on between the ears of the suites that run these giant corporate companies. Don't they know that showing that finger would have created tons of buzz?

Imagine the mainstream fans
"Did you watch UFC on Fox last night?"
"No, I don't watch MMA."
"I don't either but I tuned in and this dude who was getting his ass whooped kept flipping the other dude off?"
"Seriously?"
"Yeah it was nuts."

Damn corporate suites!

I know right? These damn corporate suites!!!

12/10/12 5:09 PM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 

You make a lot of obnoxious posts, which is you I guess.

However, if you are going to be rude, at least be correct. The alternative is, well, you.

UFCONFOX ‏@UFCONFOX
The FOX PHANTOM CAM that we unveiled w/ @MLBONFOX during the World Series will make it's MMA debut at UFC ON FOX 5.

Fox used the Vision Research Phantom v642 throughout coverage of the National League Championship Series between the Giants and the Cardinals. The v642 captures images at 3,000 frames per second (fps), 100 times faster than a normal video camera, that shoots at around 30 fps.

For the World Series, Fox took it to the next level, with a super souped-up high-speed camera - the Phantom v1610 that can capture images at 20,000 fps.

So I heard 1400 fps, this article says 3000 and Cindy pointed out 5000.

I get what you are saying though Kirik and I will refrain from posting.
12/10/12 5:17 PM
chaplinshouse
731 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^sigh.  20K son! not 3K!!  you racka disiprin

12/10/12 5:18 PM
UGSlapshot

I just think its mild retardation to cut away from someone giving the finger in a fight but violent ko's and brutal beatdowns don't create a moral issue, Im missing the logic.

IMO just show it, its just a finger and cutting away from a fight is annoying as all hell. Phone Post
12/10/12 5:21 PM
Loser Born Natural
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher - 

Who assumed that it was an error? It was obvious censorship.

We saw it imediately...

The shot didn't pull back for us, it went to dead screen.

Pretty lame.

12/10/12 5:40 PM
Daht
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It shoots a lotta frames per second! Case closed

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.