UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Interesting Article about Marquez & PED's

12/16/12 4:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Elhoffo
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Or how about this one??

By Chris Williams: For curious fans wanting to know about whether the November fight between Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao will have Olympic style testing for performance enhancing drugs (PEDS), the answer is no. According to Ricardo Lois at examiner.com, there won’t be any extra testing for Peds by the Nevada Athletic Commission.

Marquez said this about the testing: “I don’t know if he uses them [speaking about Peds] or not. If he did use them, he should feel bad for each victory he had an unfair advantage in…I am not asking for any additional drug tests.”

It’s good that Marquez doesn’t want to rock the boat by attempting to ask for extra testing because he might end up flushing the fight down the toilet if he pushes hard for this. Floyd Mayweather Jr. tried to get extra testing and he saw his negotiations with Pacquiao quickly fall apart with Pacquiao and his promoter Bob Arum moving on to fight one of the Top Rank stable fighters Joshua Clottey instead. That was the last and best chance for a fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather. It would be sad if Marquez were to push for a drug testing for the November Pacquiao fight and end up out in the cold without a fight. This bout is looking to be equivalent of a gold retirement watch for Marquez because he’s simply too old and too light for him to compete at welterweight at this late stage in his career.
12/16/12 1:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bknumber1
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee -
bknumber1 -  Who knows who is on what but the comment about roids not being a potential cause of the KO is off base. PEDs won't help your timing or boxing IQ but they sure as hell will give you more power for a longer time.

JMM always was a slick counter puncher catching Manny clean in every one of their fights. He went from never phasing him with those same shots to a cold KO. With everything else it's enough to raise an eyebrow. Still doesn't change the fact Pac shouldn't have been fighting him in the first place as it is stylistically a bad matchup and he already won three times (draw was a scoring error by one judge in the first dammit!). Phone Post

do PED's give you a better chin too? I hear a couple allude that it does that as well.
Not sure but I doubt it. Although I am of the mind that anyone can be KO'd with the right punch. I remember reading something about stronger neck muscles helping so maybe. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.