UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> One thing that Rory McDonald proves about the UG

12/9/12 3:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
whoabro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor29 -
SonnendbySilva -
OneGloveJimmerson - When Anderson dance/lowers hands = Awesome display of supremacy

When Diaz does it = rebel, who don't give no damn

When Rory does it = dick with no personality.

Who are these young dominant up and comers supposed to emulate if not for the heros of old or our modern greats?

This is more of just an instance of people hero worshiping and not knowing how to react when they're emotional investment gets capsized by a fresh face.

It wasn't long ago that BJ was the new kid flying out of the gate, smashing guys and licking the blood off his gloves. Rory is just the next new psychopath that we'll all come to respect in time
I can only put it down to age/experience. If Rory had been at the top of the mma game for the last 10 years or whatever then people might let him off with it but cos he's young it's seen as cocky and arrogant. And not only that, he only started fuckin about when he had penn hurt and it just came off a bit disrespectful IMO Phone Post
There was nothing disrespectful about BJ calling Rory a cheat and a roider before the fight though. No way bj brought that "disrespect" upon himself. Phone Post
Boom Phone Post
12/9/12 3:49 PM
OSUkinkledmyBEAVERhole

THP - 
OSUkinkledmyBEAVERhole - I love Rory, I hate Jones.

The hate is completely different IMO. People hate Jones because he is a fucking hypocrite, giant ego douchebag. People hate Rory because he is a clean cut Canadian who was simply having a little fun in the fight (could've also been his gameplan to make BJ come at him aggresively).

People who bash Rory are idiots.

Nope. It has nothing to do with him being a clean cut Canadian. He's a showboater, a weirdo, and no amount of designer clothing can hide his not having a personality.

I didn't want to pull the race card, but clean cut Canadian was code for Clean cut White dude. Diaz is allowed to showboat because he is Mexican, Rashad because he is black, Anderson because he is Brazilian. But when some dude who looks like an accountant does it, it is silly and out of character, he is not supposed to conduct himself in that way.

We are programmed to think this way. You see it in commercials/TV all the time, the silly white guy who dances, everybody laughs at him, when the black guy dances he is cool.
12/9/12 4:05 PM
Avenged MOFO

OSUkinkledmyBEAVERhole - I love Rory, I hate Jones.

The hate is completely different IMO. People hate Jones because he is a fucking hypocrite, giant ego douchebag. People hate Rory because he is a clean cut Canadian who was simply having a little fun in the fight (could've also been his gameplan to make BJ come at him aggresively).

You are right! Phone Post
12/9/12 4:31 PM
SonnendbySilva
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoabro -
Vitor29 -
SonnendbySilva -
OneGloveJimmerson - When Anderson dance/lowers hands = Awesome display of supremacy

Who are these young dominant up and comers supposed to emulate if not for the heros of old or our modern greats?

This is more of just an instance of people hero worshiping and not knowing how to react when they're emotional investment gets capsized by a fresh face.

It wasn't long ago that BJ was the new kid flying out of the gate, smashing guys and licking the blood off his gloves. Rory is just the next new psychopath that we'll all come to respect in time
I can only put it down to age/experience. If Rory had been at the top of the mma game for the last 10 years or whatever then people might let him off with it but cos he's young it's seen as cocky and arrogant. And not only that, he only started fuckin about when he had penn hurt and it just came off a bit disrespectful IMO Phone Post
There was nothing disrespectful about BJ calling Rory a cheat and a roider before the fight though. No way bj brought that "disrespect" upon himself. Phone Post
Boom Phone Post
I'm pretty sure it was a bit of back and forth fight hype. Phone Post
12/9/12 5:03 PM
ChaosOverkill
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

beaulaugh - 

Spot on Phone Post

this

12/9/12 5:16 PM
fitch n prey
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory has personality Phone Post
12/9/12 6:22 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THP - 
OSUkinkledmyBEAVERhole - I love Rory, I hate Jones.

Nope. It has nothing to do with him being a clean cut Canadian. He's a showboater, a weirdo, and no amount of designer clothing can hide his not having a personality.

Don't be hatin.

12/9/12 11:46 PM
StretchPlum

To assess whether the dislike directed toward McDonald dispels any notion of racism in the dislike directed toward Jones, you'd have to at least know whether you're talking about the exact same UGer's.
12/10/12 12:54 AM
stevia's sex slave
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Phone Post
12/10/12 12:59 AM
orcus

Is he cocky and arrogant, or does he have no personality?

12/10/12 12:59 AM
OSUkinkledmyBEAVERhole

"Hello stormfront type of moran."

Hey shithead. When did I say anything negative about any race? Oh, I didn't. Fuck off.
12/10/12 1:05 AM
Johnny Ringo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good post. Phone Post
12/10/12 1:17 AM
diggity

ranier wolfcastle -

i dont dislike rory or bones

Yep, me too. Rory's showboating needs some work tho. Looked a bit spaz. Great fighter tho.... Gave me a stiffy. No homo but I would hit that... But not in a gay way. I'd fuck it hard and then just shuffle my feet and not even call.
Seriously tho, both great fighters who put on a great show, i actually don't understand the whiny hate for either of them. Phone Post
12/10/12 1:21 AM
OSUkinkledmyBEAVERhole

What I do know is that you are assuming a lot, when you really don't know anything.
12/10/12 1:27 AM
OSUkinkledmyBEAVERhole

Edited: 12/10/12 1:28 AM
First I am not White, I am more critical of Whites on this forum than I am of actually defending them (look at my post history).

Here I am defending a certain stereotype people have of Whites that isn't actually fair (mostly because it isn't fair to Rory who I am a fan of). I have a feeling this conversation (and my points) is going over your head so I won't waste anymore time. Have fun acting like you figured it all out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.