UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bendo won me over

12/9/12 2:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
cheesesteak
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going into this fight i was like meh...Ben Henderson, whatever....I hope Nate takes his head off. By the middle of round 4 I was like Fuck yeahh!!!!!....Henderson is a monster!! just hurry up and take Nate out of his misery..

I was really impressed by his physicality (beep) and how he really knew exactly what he had to do to get in Nates head. It was an incredible performance and I am now a fan.
12/9/12 3:00 PM
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No doubt he is an exciting fighter and has improved more significantly each fight than Rory imo.
12/9/12 3:02 PM
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the guys a machine

12/9/12 3:04 PM
Bananatoles
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love the way he fights...

First thing out of his mouth is jesus done did made did this fight made Jesus won this fight! I love Jesus....

Fuck man I bet your training partners had more to do with it than a dude who lived 2000 years ago. Phone Post
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He also showed smarts vs Diaz, he showed great timing in when to do what.

No one has stifled a Diaz's standup like that.
Jason
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin

I am slowly becoming a fan. I'd like to see him be a little more agressive with finishing guys, but I think that has a lot to do with the strong caliber of opponents he has faced, so I am not too worried yet about his lack of finishing

12/9/12 3:07 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12 -

the guys a machine

The pace for 25 minutes is just unbelievable. There was zero lay n pray. I respect Diaz for keeping going. Phone Post
12/9/12 3:09 PM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - No doubt he is an exciting fighter and has improved more significantly each fight than Rory imo.

He's looked pretty unstoppable in each of his fights other than the Edgar fights. Edgar makes people look bad, not so much improving imo.
12/9/12 3:12 PM
CDarwin
685 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - Going into this fight i was like meh...Ben Henderson, whatever....I hope Nate takes his head off. By the middle of round 4 I was like Fuck yeahh!!!!!....Henderson is a monster!! just hurry up and take Nate out of his misery..

I was really impressed by his physicality (beep) and how he really knew exactly what he had to do to get in Nates head. It was an incredible performance and I am now a fan.

Pretty much my take on it.

He always looked good, but this fight won me over.

12/9/12 3:18 PM
ranier wolfcastle
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think he earned everyones respect with that domination

12/9/12 3:24 PM
le

All things through CHRIST!

*points to the sky*

*fart* Phone Post
12/9/12 3:34 PM
yellow's Overseer
343 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is getting there in my mind. He's not quite there for me. Once he finishes someone in spectacular fashion, I can't really like the guy.
He is exciting though, not a single moment of that fight was boring. Phone Post
12/9/12 3:40 PM
datesaredeceiving
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with the OP, I never really thought anything about Henderson but last night he showed he is a monster and I am a fan of his now. Phone Post
12/9/12 3:42 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bananatoles - Love the way he fights...

First thing out of his mouth is jesus done did made did this fight made Jesus won this fight! I love Jesus....

Fuck man I bet your training partners had more to do with it than a dude who lived 2000 years ago. Phone Post
He does thank his training partners too. I can't recall which fight it was after, perhaps Bocek or Miller, but he pleaded with Dana to bring his teammates into the UFC Phone Post
12/9/12 3:50 PM
whoabro

What is it with you retards and your obsession with finishing? If that fight wasnt exciting enough for you, mma may not be the sport for you. Go watch toughman. Phone Post
12/9/12 3:55 PM
vaginal tear
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd like to see him against Maynard. To bad gray got hurt, it could be an incredible fight. Phone Post
12/9/12 3:59 PM
Bananatoles
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GriffinQ -
Bananatoles - Love the way he fights...

He does thank his training partners too. I can't recall which fight it was after, perhaps Bocek or Miller, but he pleaded with Dana to bring his teammates into the UFC Phone Post
That's good. I like when fighters give props to who actually helped them get ready.

Exciting young dude to watch even if I was rooting for Nate.

Spectacular performance.

I loled when he jabbed Nates thigh then dropped him with a nasty step in right Phone Post
12/9/12 4:00 PM
cheesesteak
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason - 

I am slowly becoming a fan. I'd like to see him be a little more agressive with finishing guys, but I think that has a lot to do with the strong caliber of opponents he has faced, so I am not too worried yet about his lack of finishing

Honestly, I think he was very aggressive last night The fact he couldn't finish Nate is just a a testament (pun intended) to how good Nates defense skills were. Henderson was throwing down with some very mean intentions and great power. Props to Nate for not getting murdered in there.
12/9/12 4:03 PM
Forrest Spliffn

The way he was targeting diaz lead leg with kicks was brutal.
I have never seen anyone target the legs with punches the way he did either.
He literally controlled every single thing that happened in there and hit the after parties looking like he never even had a fight.

1) his cardio is crazy. Maybe the best.
2) his huge legs and strong core kept Diaz from doing anything when they locked up. That low center of gravity had Nate off balance the whole time.
3) he never let Nate establish his range or be comfortable at any point of the fight.

That was actually a brilliant performance from Ben. Phone Post
12/9/12 4:07 PM
DMCN

Loved the fight and his style but that guy has the WORST post-fight talks ever. Been a fan of his fighting since him coming up in WEC, but damn.. People complain Rory lacks charisma on the mic? Phone Post
12/9/12 4:08 PM
JBASS
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter - 
12 -

the guys a machine

The pace for 25 minutes is just unbelievable. There was zero lay n pray. I respect Diaz for keeping going. Phone Post

I agree, everyone talks about the Diaz brother's cardio, but nobody talks about Bendo's. Dude cuts some pretty serious amounts of weight and doesn't really seem to fade - even in 5 round fights.
12/9/12 4:11 PM
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DMCN -  Loved the fight and his style but that guy has the WORST post-fight talks ever. Been a fan of his fighting since him coming up in WEC, but damn.. People complain Rory lacks charisma on the mic? Phone Post

This.  I am not a fan of anyone trying to drive any sort of religion down someones throat during an interview.  Unless you are specifically asked about your religion, don't bring it up please.  I would love one fighter to just step up for the atheists and thank science or Stephen Hawking or something like that after their fight.

12/9/12 4:17 PM
allforroy
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar -
Wasa-B - No doubt he is an exciting fighter and has improved more significantly each fight than Rory imo.

He's looked pretty unstoppable in each of his fights other than the Edgar fights. Edgar makes people look bad, not so much improving imo.
Disagree. He's putting it all together better and that's improving. Phone Post
12/9/12 4:25 PM
Hikikomori

Cardio for days. Aggressive as he'll. Benson is great. His post fight interview belongs to him. He's earned that time. Either mute him or don't. Phone Post
12/9/12 4:29 PM
grafzep
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its really to cool to watch when an emerging talent puts all the pieces together and then just takes off, Bendo won me over some time ago and I hope he keeps the title for a long time

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.