UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

12/9/12 3:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Onikage
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe there hasn't been a thread on this (as far as I can see).

At the video game awards this trailer (below) was unveiled as "The Phantom Pain" release by "Mody Dick Studios" which has never made a game before. IMO even a casual gaming fan would be able to decipher it's a trailer for a new Metal Gear, but these nerds across the net have been taking apart every little detail for the past 36 hours, confirming if it's actually a new metal gear.

Hideo Kojima was in the crowd at the VGAs and some Konami people were seen wearing these "Moby Dick Studios" shirts.
12/9/12 3:55 PM
Onikage

Make sure to switch to HD
12/9/12 3:58 PM
Onikage

12/9/12 5:20 PM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the trailer is fucking badass.
12/9/12 7:05 PM
Silhouette
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so they changed the name?

why keep it in the dark, they have already shown a trailer for Ground Zeroes?

badass either way
12/9/12 7:11 PM
Bigjon29
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If some of that is gameplay footage then holy fuck.Looks amazing possible next gen? Or has it been announced for current gen? Phone Post
12/9/12 7:21 PM
TuLegit

Hopefully koj delivers big again Phone Post
12/9/12 7:23 PM
Onikage

Silhouette - so they changed the name?

why keep it in the dark, they have already shown a trailer for Ground Zeroes?

badass either way

There are two main theories amongst metal gear nerds-

This is actually Ground Zeroes, maybe the prologue and it just has a different name since it's a cryptic teaser OR Ground Zeroes will be a stand alone game and MGS5 will come out afterwards.

I believe this game is Ground Zeroes because it's obviously Big Boss and I've never heard of a sequel trailer being released before the first game. I think Konami released that GZ trailer and it didn't get as much attention as they hoped for so they threw out this cryptic teaser that got everyone involved, talking to each other about MGS.

I'm super fucking excited about it, and even though it's probably a hallucination, it's cool to see Volgin, and possibly Psycho Mantis or The Sorrow at the very end.
12/9/12 7:26 PM
Onikage

Bigjon29 -  If some of that is gameplay footage then holy fuck.Looks amazing possible next gen? Or has it been announced for current gen? Phone Post

I still don't think Kojima has fessed up to this being MGS5, but I hope it's next gen. I'm bored as hell of my 360 and PS3.
12/9/12 7:59 PM
Sofa King Cool
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy hell at that trailer. What is this Ground Zeroes? Phone Post
12/9/12 8:06 PM
Silhouette
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks oinkage

no matter what if you give me an open world Metal Gear, ill be pre-odering ASAP
12/9/12 9:15 PM
Onikage

Ground Zeroes "trailer"
12/10/12 7:46 AM
AdamStewart
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be buying. I have played them all from regular nintendo to ps2 to ps3 and xbox, with the HD collection Phone Post
12/10/12 12:07 PM
orcus

Bigjon29 -  If some of that is gameplay footage then holy fuck.Looks amazing possible next gen? Or has it been announced for current gen? Phone Post

Looks current gen to me, jaggy as hell with poor textures. It's good direction that makes it impressive.

12/10/12 1:39 PM
kungfugrip

Hope this game can spark my gamer in side of me. All the games I've wanted of late has done nothing for me
12/10/12 1:47 PM
Silhouette

kungfugrip - Hope this game can spark my gamer in side of me. All the games I've wanted of late has done nothing for me

me too, a lot of letdowns lately
12/10/12 3:57 PM
Onikage

orcus - 

Looks current gen to me, jaggy as hell with poor textures. It's good direction that makes it impressive.

I think it looks awesome, and GZ looks fucking amazing
12/11/12 3:57 AM
Onikage

FinestScotch - 

MGS was game changing, 2 was good, but the whole "cells" made it hard to play through again. 3 was enjoyable, didn't get through my second play, though.

4?

That thing was half movie, half game... especially towards the end. The ridiculousness of the pant-shitter and meryl having their love fest/shootout scene, while snake burns on his way to the room... really jumped the shark for me for the series.

Had all the other ones opening day, 4 let me down bad enough that I think I'll wait for it to come used, esp since I have way less time now than say, MGS1

As a die hard MGS fan, I have to agree.

Snake Eater is still my favorite game of all time. The sniper battle against The End is my #1 top gaming experience- but MGS4 really went off the rails.

I assume Kojima thought of it as the last MG so he threw everything including the kitchen sink into it. Made references to every character no matter how cheesy or out of place, and even though I've played it twice, I hardly remember a thing from it.

I fucking HATED that Kojima couldn't let Snake go, and let him kill himself. That would have been so powerful, and would've saved the whole game for me, but instead there's a hokey ass funeral reunion with characters that were supposed to be dead... and don't get me started on Raiden with both his arms cut off killing dudes using a sword in him mouth
12/11/12 7:29 AM
DMC
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree too.

MGS on PS1 was mind blowing.

2 was technically great but was let down by an uninteresting and effeminate character in Raiden.

Snake Eater was technically the best so far.

4 on the other hand was terribly disappointing.
12/11/12 9:34 AM
GSPGOAT331
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
12/11/12 11:49 PM
funk samurai

Can't wait for this.

I NEED A SAGA
12/18/12 2:49 PM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, Silent Hill Solid now?
12/18/12 3:03 PM
TSMontana
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DMC - I agree too.

MGS on PS1 was mind blowing.

2 was technically great but was let down by an uninteresting and effeminate character in Raiden.

Snake Eater was technically the best so far.

4 on the other hand was terribly disappointing.

4 was jaw-dropping beautiful when it came out, but the bosses were meh, unfortunately. Story was a little lacking, but I thought it was worthy of the MGS series.
12/18/12 7:41 PM
Sofa King Cool
324 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MGS was epic.

MGS 2 was really good, but I didn't care for the Raiden character.

Never played three.

I liked four. It was a little cheesy, but it was the first game I ever played on PS3 and I really liked it. Phone Post
12/18/12 7:41 PM
Sofa King Cool

But yeah, the ending on MGS4 was garbage. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.