UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How is rousey UFC champ without fighting in UFC?

12/9/12 6:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dazednconfused
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's it make a difference if she has to fight for it in the UFC? It's a whole new division and she's already beat 2 of the top women so whats the point of having another fight in the UFC? It's already clear she's the best women out there. Just like Jose Aldo. When it's a new division and you already have a champ, you may as well just make them the UFC champ. Phone Post
12/9/12 6:30 PM
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the person getting the better deal is ronda opponent.

12/9/12 7:06 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong -
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax - 
HexRei -
JShad - 
youarewhatiswrong - because, just like the WEC lighter weight champs, she came in without a UFC counterpart. So as the champion in UFC's sister league she is by default the champion of that weight class.

Cruz had to fight to get his belt at the last WEC event right?

No. He defended it in his first UFC bout at UFC 132.
What ru talking about? Ufc 132 against faber was his first defense of the belt he recieved after beating jorgenson. Aldo is the only one not having to fight for his belt besides rousey. Theres a pic somewhere of dom holding both belts after that vicrory at wec 53. Phone Post

Cruz was already the WEC champ. They only did the whole "this is for the UFC belt" thing because his final fight in the WEC happened to occur after the decision to assimilate the WEC into the UFC, it was simply promotional. If Ronda's last fight in strikeforce had happened after the decision was made to move the women over to the UFC then they would have made that fight for the UFC belt as well.
That doesn't matter he won the ufc belt that night. If he lost to jorg he would not have gotten it. Jorg would have. So he won it and defended it. Phone Post
12/9/12 7:10 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

"Jorgensen finally got his title shot and faced Dominick Cruz on December 16, 2010 at the promotion's final event, WEC 53.[12] The winner of the bout would become both the final WEC Bantamweight Champion and the first ever UFC Bantamweight Champion, marking the first time a UFC title would be awarded outside the UFC.[13] Jorgensen lost the fight via unanimous decision."

Dominick WON the UFC belt, Jose Aldo did not, he defended it against Faber.
12/9/12 7:12 PM
Vril

12/9/12 7:18 PM
youarewhatiswrong
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax - "Jorgensen finally got his title shot and faced Dominick Cruz on December 16, 2010 at the promotion's final event, WEC 53.[12] The winner of the bout would become both the final WEC Bantamweight Champion and the first ever UFC Bantamweight Champion, marking the first time a UFC title would be awarded outside the UFC.[13] Jorgensen lost the fight via unanimous decision."

You're making an argument semantics, citing one example that occurred by coincidence of events. Your argument is pointless and invalid.
12/9/12 7:20 PM
luctaro
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - UFC belts are promotional tools. They don't mean anything.

This.

It's easier to sell a Champ defending than to hype a couple of contenders fighting for a seat at the table.

Plus, let's not kid ourselves here. Sadly, there is no 'Woman's division' in the UFC. At least not yet. Dana himself said 'This is the Ronda show' to Helwani.
12/9/12 8:12 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

youarewhatiswrong -
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax - "Jorgensen finally got his title shot and faced Dominick Cruz on December 16, 2010 at the promotion's final event, WEC 53.[12] The winner of the bout would become both the final WEC Bantamweight Champion and the first ever UFC Bantamweight Champion, marking the first time a UFC title would be awarded outside the UFC.[13] Jorgensen lost the fight via unanimous decision."

You're making an argument semantics, citing one example that occurred by coincidence of events. Your argument is pointless and invalid.
What ru talking about? The fighter that won that fight won the belt. Dominick was not handed the belt he had to fight for it at wec 32. Then defended it against faber. If jorg won wec 32 he would have been ufc champion and last wec champion. Phone Post
12/9/12 8:42 PM
Pure
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mad Xyientist - Guard was changed, bro

haha

good to see you posting again mx

12/9/12 8:44 PM
shaqitup
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really hope Dana's crush on rousey backfires
12/9/12 8:46 PM
youarewhatiswrong
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax - 
youarewhatiswrong -

What ru talking about? The fighter that won that fight won the belt. Dominick was not handed the belt he had to fight for it at wec 32. Then defended it against faber. If jorg won wec 32 he would have been ufc champion and last wec champion. Phone Post

Alright, this is pointless, i'm out.
12/9/12 9:04 PM
rescueink

Not to be controversial just trying to figure out how in a combat sport like this u become a champion of an organization without fighting in it, as corrupt as boxing is they would make contenders fight first or lets even say collegiate wrestling,Olympic judo, hell when the Afc combined with nfl they had to play to become champion but I'm hoping it backfires and I'm not a fan of woman in UFC anyway Phone Post
12/9/12 9:12 PM
Blazing Knees

You realize this belt is coming from a man who said he would NEVER endorse or put on a womens mma match right?

Worthless belt

12/9/12 9:14 PM
yellow wrkahlc
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread has been too many fucking times.

I give up posting the same response.

12/9/12 9:36 PM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lookoutawhale - 

I didnt agree with it either. It would actually be more entertaining if they had a women's tournament to crown a first womens champion. Simply giving someone a belt really means nothing. You cant start a new division and just give someone a belt. Seems odd.

Zuffa would not risk the one trick pony losing. Albiet a very effective trick, one punch or two could derail the hype train.

The UFC has not been about who is the best in the World for years. It is about who can give them ratings and PPV buys.
12/9/12 9:37 PM
TheFlood58

youarewhatiswrong - because, just like the WEC lighter weight champs, she came in without a UFC counterpart. So as the champion in UFC's sister league she is by default the champion of that weight class.
This Phone Post
12/9/12 9:38 PM
ironbear
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldnt want any belt handed to me.
ironbear
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ironbear

12/9/12 9:43 PM
yellow wrkahlc
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ironbear - I wouldnt want any belt handed to me.

Who's offering?

yellow wrkahlc

Who's offering?

yellow wrkahlc

Who's offering?

12/9/12 10:26 PM
Team Blackhouse Fan

UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax -
youarewhatiswrong -

Cruz technically won the belt in his fight against Scott. But you're still wrong. Whoever won that fight was gifted the ufc belt by default. They did not fight for it in the ufc. The same could be said about Aldo's last fight in the WEC, they just didn't promote the fight that way because the decision to combine the promotions wasn't public yet. Pretty tough to argue that Cruz won the ufc belt when he didn't fight in the ufc for it. Phone Post
12/9/12 10:28 PM
mijo

Rhonda is going to be a hit in the UFC, but she better stay away from Santos, if she wants to continue to be champion. She knows this.
12/9/12 10:40 PM
bekk46

So what happens if she loses to carmouche?

She will be the former UFC champion without ever winning a UFC fight.

Makes perfect sense. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.