UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Toothpick disqualification

12/9/12 11:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't pass his lip so they must acquit!

*runs*

Cindy

12/10/12 8:38 AM
Letibleu
1614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's all fun and games until someone's toothpick gets broken.
12/10/12 9:43 AM
disbeliever
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
I can't get past the fact of how stupid it is to carry a pointy piece of wood in your mouth while fighting
12/10/12 9:50 AM
Lazer MMA

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -  Well it's a sharp, wooden instrument, not dissimilar in shape to a baseball bat or a knife. If they let this slide and someone smuggles a numchuck down their cup or a razor in their mouth and uses it against their opponent, what then??

Rules are rules, Nick gets a 12m ban for THC metabolites, Benson should get DQ'd and stripped for taking a weapon into the cage. Ok he didn't use it to hit Nate but he freely admits it assists him in training / fighting so it is by definition a PED.

The toothpick was obviously not your garden variety one but a rotation pick painted to look like wood or how else would it not crumble and splinter during the fight?

Further, the device was a danger to Bengo himself as he could easily have chocked on it, making it a PED that was a danger to both fighters.

Looks like we have a new LW champ folks. Congrats to Nate Diaz for being the first fighter ever to win a title by 5 Rd beat down.

It's obvious Nate took a beating deliberately for 5 Rds to prolong the footage and ensure Benson was caught in the act on film so as to prevent this dangerous and illegal tactic being perpetrated in future.

It's also obvious that Nate avoided punching Bendo in the face for fear of causing permanent injury to Bendo or to his hands - how else can you logically explain his lack of striking??

Congrats Nate Diaz, the new UFC LW champ. Phone Post

LMFAO at U. That is all
12/10/12 9:52 AM
Lazer MMA

If 'stuck with the pick' you can 'convict'! LMFAO
12/10/12 10:03 AM
vaginal tear
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I chew gum a spar. Same principal Siding w bendo on this. Phone Post
12/10/12 10:07 AM
buckshot44
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya, what if he used the tooth pick to stab his opponents eye out? Toothpicks > Guns IMO
12/10/12 12:17 PM
bearockbrobama
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It says nothing about Ben, but a lot about the Washington Athletic Commission. Phone Post
12/10/12 12:54 PM
Ramsey

Edited: 12/10/12 12:55 PM
If Bendo gets to bring a tooth pick, his opponent should be allowed pocket sand!!!
12/10/12 1:05 PM
catbath
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know it's easy to jump on the Toothpick Replacement Therapy hate train, but I know for a fact that Ben has the fiber of a 52 year-old.

12/10/12 2:15 PM
Mr Spliff

They have to make this a no contest and at least consider suspension. Rules are rules. Phone Post
12/10/12 6:25 PM
BrCutter
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vaginal tear - I chew gum a spar. Same principal Siding w bendo on this. Phone Post
Same here. There's all kind of gum all in my mouthpieces.... Phone Post
12/10/12 6:50 PM
vaginal tear
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrCutter -
vaginal tear - I chew gum a spar. Same principal Siding w bendo on this. Phone Post
Same here. There's all kind of gum all in my mouthpieces.... Phone Post
I like cinnamon the best for that. In general I really don't care but the flavor lasts a long time Phone Post
12/10/12 9:36 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
sux@bjj - is there a specific rule against it? it doesn't seem that him nor many officials with the ufc know for sure if it's legal or not (only that it's not a great idea for his own safety). lol at people claiming it could be used as a weapon, or was soaked in ped: that's silliness.

Pretty sure as with boxing there is a "no foriegn object" rule.  So basically anything that isn't Gloves, shorts, cup, and things like knee braces.

Seems this is the route taken by state athletic comm.:

"The Department will not be investigating the alleged toothpick incident," the statement said. "We do not have any rules in Washington that specifically address a toothpick in a fighter's mouth. However, we're here to protect the safety and welfare of the participants, so we will be having discussions moving forward about this topic."

PS: I also chew gum while training bjj, likely mental however it seems to improve my wind / endurance.
12/10/12 10:58 PM
time traveling 12er
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sux@bjj - 
UGCTT_Molsonmuscle360 - 
sux@bjj - is there a specific rule against it? it doesn't seem that him nor many officials with the ufc know for sure if it's legal or not (only that it's not a great idea for his own safety). lol at people claiming it could be used as a weapon, or was soaked in ped: that's silliness.

Pretty sure as with boxing there is a "no foriegn object" rule.  So basically anything that isn't Gloves, shorts, cup, and things like knee braces.

Seems this is the route taken by state athletic comm.:

"The Department will not be investigating the alleged toothpick incident," the statement said. "We do not have any rules in Washington that specifically address a toothpick in a fighter's mouth. However, we're here to protect the safety and welfare of the participants, so we will be having discussions moving forward about this topic."

PS: I also chew gum while training bjj, likely mental however it seems to improve my wind / endurance.

Actually I remember reading an article about chewing gum. Increases blood flow to the head and increases brain function by some small amount.
12/10/12 11:05 PM
time traveling 12er
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey if Bendo get's suspended, Nate should get suspended four times more! He did bring four toothpicks in to the octogon with him didn't he? Get it? Because... like his arms... and his legs... well you get it. amirite fellas? Anyone? high five? No? *sheepishly exits thread*
12/10/12 11:10 PM
vaginal tear

We can see what he is doing with the toothpick here.

12/10/12 11:31 PM
wreckker
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

About same chance of finding

That same toopick

In a haystack:) Phone Post
12/10/12 11:36 PM
DiscipleDojo
602 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disciple Dojo, L3C, Founder
catbath - 

I know it's easy to jump on the Toothpick Replacement Therapy hate train, but I know for a fact that Ben has the fiber of a 52 year-old.

Gem like this is worth quoting, people!   haha

12/11/12 12:46 AM
bekk46

vaginal tear -

We can see what he is doing with the toothpick here.

Lol!! Phone Post
12/11/12 1:51 AM
daishanjamin

I think Joe Rogan should not have brought it up in the way that he did. The issue could have been addressed backstage, not on live tv with an uncomfortable line of questions. I see Bendo not having the toothpick in the future.
12/11/12 6:38 AM
stonepony

Of course it could happen. The government is not known for it's common sense.
12/11/12 6:44 AM
GaryColeman

daishanjamin - I think Joe Rogan should not have brought it up in the way that he did. The issue could have been addressed backstage, not on live tv with an uncomfortable line of questions. I see Bendo not having the toothpick in the future.
It shouldn't have been uncomfortable for him. It was very odd that it was. I want to know why his cornermen insisted he keep it in his mouth! This needs to be investigated. Did you see how wide that mother fuckers eyes were? He looked like he had just dropped acid. Phone Post
12/11/12 6:51 AM
ufcman187

It's not like he stabbed him with the damn thing. Warn him and move on.
12/11/12 7:01 AM
CindyO

Triple_B - 
Chris27 - Allow fighters to take TRT and go into a cage and fight but take away a rightful win because the guy had a toothpick in his mouth?

It wouldnt surprise me at all.

I'm pretty sure Ben replaces his toothpicks after a while so he is on trt also

ROFLMAO & VTFU!!!

*wipes coffee dribbles off keyboard*

Cindy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.