UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJ Penn can fix his career at Featherweight

12/9/12 6:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WestCoastMXC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he wants to be historic he should take himself seriously and go 100% training he can drop it. Phone Post
12/9/12 6:45 PM
1320HenryJ
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought that he had said he was done 155 before the Macdonald fight? So I really doubt that he would drop to 145. With that said I would like to see what Penn would as the bigger fighter.
12/9/12 6:51 PM
grimer
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ anyone who thinks BJ would go to 145. He is too lazy to even cut 12lbs down to 155 for christs sake.
12/9/12 6:55 PM
mmaattorney
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bj is lazy? Phone Post
12/9/12 7:08 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaattorney - Bj is lazy? Phone Post
To a point, yeah he is. He has an amazing amount of talent and less than great work ethic. He comes in at 168, not one good reason he can't make 145. Phone Post
12/9/12 7:39 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I'm a huge B.J fan, that said. I have no desire to watch him compete again, at any weight. B.J has all the skill in the world and no heart. When things aren't going his way, he quits fighting and just stands there, as a fan it is extremely frustrating to watch. There is no doubt in my mind that if B.J. had even half the heart of shogun, he would be the greatest ever.
12/9/12 7:47 PM
grady
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he'd never GET down to 145... but if he did, he wouldn't have the speed. he'd get lit up by the top guys. it'd look much worse than last night.
12/9/12 7:50 PM
HenryO

BJ is a lot of thing but LOL at him not having heart. If anything he has too much heart for his own good
12/9/12 7:51 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
812 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

won't happen.

12/9/12 7:52 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grady - he'd never GET down to 145... but if he did, he wouldn't have the speed. he'd get lit up by the top guys. it'd look much worse than last night.
He weighed in at 168...I cut to 145 from 168 and 170 twice. It's not a ridiculous cut by any means. The least he could do is go back to 155. He has incredible talent, just needs the right weight class and camps IMHO. Phone Post
12/9/12 7:52 PM
leftlegtrumpcard

HenryO - BJ is a lot of thing but LOL at him not having heart. If anything he has too much heart for his own good
This, for god sakes, the man took lyoto to decision. Phone Post
12/9/12 7:54 PM
grady
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

leftlegtrumpcard - 
grady - he'd never GET down to 145... but if he did, he wouldn't have the speed. he'd get lit up by the top guys. it'd look much worse than last night.
He weighed in at 168...I cut to 145 from 168 and 170 twice. It's not a ridiculous cut by any means. The least he could do is go back to 155. He has incredible talent, just needs the right weight class and camps IMHO. Phone Post

YOU can cut to 145... but I HIGHLY DOUBT BJ can... or would have the discipline at this point to do so.
12/9/12 7:58 PM
MdGeist

Did you watch the road to the octagon and see all that steak BJ was consuming??? 145 is not on the menu

12/9/12 7:58 PM
Cesspit
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To me "heart" and "balls" are two different things.

Heart is what allows Shogun to keep swinging hard even though his lungs are hurting and his arms are jelly.

Balls are what keeps BJ standing when 9/10 other fighters would've dropped to the ground. Phone Post
12/9/12 8:02 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was way too slow for Rory, he isn't going to be able to deal with that speed. It's time for him to retire unfortunately Phone Post
12/9/12 9:31 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

FinestScotch - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I'm a huge B.J fan, that said. I have no desire to watch him compete again, at any weight. B.J has all the skill in the world and no heart. When things aren't going his way, he quits fighting and just stands there, as a fan it is extremely frustrating to watch. There is no doubt in my mind that if B.J. had even half the heart of shogun, he would be the greatest ever.

Keep seeing this, don't get it.

No heart is being doubled over in the second and dropping to the ground, ref was right there ready to stop it. He got back up and finished the fight.

To me it looked like he was waiting for the ref to stop it. He was just standing there covering up. If rory would have poured it on a little more, the ref would have stopped it. The only thing he did was not hit the ground, he wasn't trying to work/fight out of it. Standing there covering up and absorbing punishmemt is toughness not heart, trowing punches and trying to win till the last second is heart. I'm not just talking about last night. As a B.J fan, the second edgar fight was probably the single most frustrating fight i've ever watched.
12/9/12 9:56 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

FinestScotch - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I'm a huge B.J fan, that said. I have no desire to watch him compete again, at any weight. B.J has all the skill in the world and no heart. When things aren't going his way, he quits fighting and just stands there, as a fan it is extremely frustrating to watch. There is no doubt in my mind that if B.J. had even half the heart of shogun, he would be the greatest ever.

Keep seeing this, don't get it.

No heart is being doubled over in the second and dropping to the ground, ref was right there ready to stop it. He got back up and finished the fight.

To me it looked like he was waiting for the ref to stop it. He was just standing there covering up. If rory would have poured it on a little more, the ref would have stopped it. The only thing he did was not hit the ground, he wasn't trying to work/fight out of it. Standing there covering up and absorbing punishmemt is toughness not heart, trowing punches and trying to win till the last second is heart. I'm not just talking about last night. As a B.J fan, the second edgar fight was probably the single most frustrating fight i've ever watched.
12/9/12 11:18 PM
jmont

I wana see penn vs guida at 145, i think penn takes it Phone Post
12/9/12 11:29 PM
shaqitup
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TEAR GAS KUSH - He can still be a contender at 155 but I think Bendo edges him. Aldo KOs him
I always wanted to see him vs Swick , Cowboy , Kos , Melendez, Alvarez and Erick Silva
lol

Aldo couldn't KO Kenflo, but he Ko's a guy who hasn't been KO'd in LW, WW, and a fight with Lyoto Machida.
12/9/12 11:30 PM
funwithbakedgoods

This is the same thing as talking about how great unicorns would be.
12/9/12 11:32 PM
ZombieAutoPilot

He is lazy... But he weighed in at 168, i feel he can diet down and eat right and probably drop to 160 ish? Water cut to 145 wouldnt be out of the ordinary? But even as a hardcore BJ penn fan.. He will never do it Phone Post
12/9/12 11:46 PM
Diaz Shoes

BJ has too much heart...thats his problem.
12/9/12 11:52 PM
burner22
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aldo would leg kick bj into a living death. Terrible match up for him. He has nothing left to prove, he needs to retire. It's only his ego that keeps him fighting, someone close to him needs to sit him down and lay it out for him. Either he makes a complete overhaul of his fighting style and training regimen, or walk away. Phone Post
12/9/12 11:54 PM
Jaybrone
532 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ in a fight has a ton of heart. But what he doesn't seem to have is a heart for training anymore. And that has shown ever since the second Edgar fight. He has gassed in every fight since that short of an early first round KO of Hughes.

12/10/12 5:18 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

pj_benn - 
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - I'm a huge B.J fan, that said. I have no desire to watch him compete again, at any weight. B.J has all the skill in the world and no heart. When things aren't going his way, he quits fighting and just stands there, as a fan it is extremely frustrating to watch. There is no doubt in my mind that if B.J. had even half the heart of shogun, he would be the greatest ever.
You're not a bj fan. Bj has tons of heart and there's plenty of examples of it in his last 2 fights alone Phone Post

Fuck you, don't tell me who I'm a fan of. I was rooting for B.J back when you were still beating off to John Cena. You obviously don't known the difference between toughness and heart.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.