UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Corner warned Benson

12/9/12 7:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just re-watched last nights fight, and at the end of round 4 Ben sit on his stool and flips out the toothpick, at this point his corner man leans in and twice tells him to

"put your pick back in your mouth" as the camera panned in on Benson. he said it a second time as the camera came closer and Henderson got the message and flipped it back in.

clearly the corner were worried that it would be seen, and wanted to hide it.

my question is
1) why keep flipping it out in full view
2) why the corner didn't make him take it out altogether?
12/9/12 7:50 PM
yellow wrkahlc
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's used to training with it in his mouth, so it was probably just a force of habit that he was playing around with it.

No big deal, tbh.

12/9/12 7:53 PM
stevekt
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No AC should allow him to fight with that in his mouth.
12/9/12 7:55 PM
Greenup
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighting with a toothpick in your mouth does sound risky. Phone Post
12/9/12 8:00 PM
Master Bater
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone think uncle Dana will have a "Quiet" word with him about that, along the lines of "the fuck was you thinking?" and try bury the talk about it real quick? i hope so

(says the guy who just posted about it lol)
12/9/12 8:11 PM
GladiatorGannon
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Master Bater - anyone think uncle Dana will have a "Quiet" word with him about that, along the lines of "the fuck was you thinking?" and try bury the talk about it real quick? i hope so

Why would Dana care? It's not costing him any money. It's the Commission guys that are going to have words with him.
12/9/12 8:11 PM
Loadin76
1036 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as long as he keeps it tucked in his mouthguard I really don't see it being a problem... granted if he Razor Ramoned it all fight long then sure thats bad.

12/9/12 8:13 PM
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What is the commission gonna do about it? Are there any rules against this kind of stuff? Phone Post
12/9/12 8:19 PM
simonpe

Getting knocked out is one thing, getting knocked out with a toothpick in your mouth could be a completely different story...
12/9/12 8:26 PM
armbarheelhook
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did bendo cheat? technically yes. You cannot have any foreign objects in the ring/cage.
Did he put his well being and Nate's in jeopardy? technically yes. Its obvious though that he pretty much doesn't care because he has done this before in other fights.
Was he trying to hide it? Yes. why else did he lie to the whole world when rogan asked him about it.

Does he use it for some sort of mental performance? quite possibly. He admitted that its a bad habit which would speculate that its an addiction. Hence it might serve a mental purpose for him to help calm his nerves.

Could it be a toothpick laced with Speed or Caffeine? quite possibly. but i'm sure every champ gets tested post fight for illegal drugs, so highly doubt it would be laced with Speed. But it could have been laced with Caffeine which has been shown to be a physical performance enhancer in certain scientific studies.

Bottom line is it was stupid for Bendo to do it and also lie about it when he was caught red handed. If the AC does something about this down the road, it will be interesting to see how this might effect his mental or physical performance in the future. Phone Post
12/9/12 8:29 PM
cripplersc
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon -
Master Bater - anyone think uncle Dana will have a "Quiet" word with him about that, along the lines of "the fuck was you thinking?" and try bury the talk about it real quick? i hope so

Why would Dana care? It's not costing him any money. It's the Commission guys that are going to have words with him.
Dana would care because it wouldn't have been in the UFC's best interest to have their champ get knocked out and then choke to death on a toothpick live on Fox. Luckily that didn't happen though Phone Post
12/9/12 9:46 PM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sippy Cuppy - I blame Rogan for this silly toothpick shit, he tried to nail Bendo to the cross live on Fox during the post fight interview.

Making accusations live in-front of millions is not cool

He had to do something since he lost his grip on the nutsack he is constantly hyping.

One of the only complaints I have about Rogan is his over the top bias when certain people fight. He makes it sound like the victory is a done deal even when his boy(s) are getting tooled.
12/9/12 9:58 PM
OldManMinerva

http://i.minus.com/iCoqxD10m3wjY.gif
12/9/12 10:13 PM
pi6el

Not only did he bring in a foreign object, he could have choked on it. What if it fell out of his mouth and poked Nate in the eye?
12/9/12 10:19 PM
ChaosOverkill
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GladiatorGannon - 

Well Dana would just not want anything to screw with fights and results because it opens up the division to being held up for rematches and shit over technicalities

12/9/12 10:22 PM
ChaosOverkill
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's an episode of House where a patient has a swallowed toothpick pierce his intestine and cause serious problems.

Now it's fiction based show but I think the medical stories are based on oddities in medical history so it's a possibilty of happening and doing major damage

12/9/12 10:28 PM
kevsh
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarheelhook -  Did bendo cheat? technically yes. You cannot have any foreign objects in the ring/cage.
Did he put his well being and Nate's in jeopardy? technically yes. Its obvious though that he pretty much doesn't care because he has done this before in other fights.
Was he trying to hide it? Yes. why else did he lie to the whole world when rogan asked him about it.

Does he use it for some sort of mental performance? quite possibly. He admitted that its a bad habit which would speculate that its an addiction. Hence it might serve a mental purpose for him to help calm his nerves.

Could it be a toothpick laced with Speed or Caffeine? quite possibly. but i'm sure every champ gets tested post fight for illegal drugs, so highly doubt it would be laced with Speed. But it could have been laced with Caffeine which has been shown to be a physical performance enhancer in certain scientific studies.

Bottom line is it was stupid for Bendo to do it and also lie about it when he was caught red handed. If the AC does something about this down the road, it will be interesting to see how this might effect his mental or physical performance in the future. Phone Post

Pretty much spot-on. Anyone who says "big deal" hasn't really thought it through as you have.

As for his future performance, if it really is just a habit he can just stop now which will give him plenty of time to get used to not having it before his next fight.
12/9/12 10:37 PM
Vote me down

Yeah, what if he got knocked out and that shit got stuck in his throat or something who knows or punched through his cheek.

12/9/12 10:46 PM
Soup and Beer
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not just the danger to himself, but to his opponent.  What if Nick had thrown a hard punch only to get a toothpick jammed through the knucklebone then get the fight stopped because of it?  That would make the UFC look pretty fucking stupid, and generate a lot of negative press.

12/9/12 10:51 PM
CindyO

A toothpick company should sponsor him. This could be like Nelly's band-aid:)

Cindy

12/9/12 10:52 PM
Driscoll
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My question is who allowed him to train with a toothpick in his mouth in the first place? Does anyone come from a school where they wouldn't tell you "spit that fucking thing in the trash" the second they saw it?

12/9/12 10:54 PM
boonhorse
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it cool to chew on a toothpick or somthing? Wtf ? Phone Post
12/9/12 10:56 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toothpick Gate....this is a thing now people. I dont know if to be humored or cry

12/9/12 11:33 PM
canadiankid

Edited: 12/09/12 11:34 PM
im geussing benson hasnt had his mouthpiece knocked out anytime lately?
12/9/12 11:49 PM
shb
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bendo confirmed for badass

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.